Author Topic: Auction house needs improvement  (Read 857 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Auction house needs improvement
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:11:43 AM »
I posted on the CO forum about a change that I'd like to see in the auction house. I'm looking for a specific piece of gear: Feedback Gloves, level 9 to 15. But their AH won't let me post a "want to buy" bid on them, for when someone puts them up for auction. My best chance to get them there would be to stay in the AH, periodically checking to see if someone has some to sell yet, and hoping that I can get them before someone else does. :( (Admittedly unlikely, but still....) Something else to miss about CoH.

CO also needs a "log out to character-selection screen" option. STO's is great, as was CoH's (once it was implemented).
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Auction house needs improvement
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »
Oh man.. if we start picking on the Auction Exchange... oi.. It's gonna be a lonnnnnnng list of grievances. A much shorter topic would be "Things that are great about the Auction Exchange in CO".

The Auction Exchange is functional. That's about the best I expect from using it.

Luckily player to player trade is pretty great but yeah, that probably won't help your situation.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Auction house needs improvement
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 02:36:36 AM »
Can we wish more on the Auction Exchange?

More Filters.

My #1 is that I want to have a filter for gear stats.. So I can look up +Perception/con/str/whatever/whatever combo of those things, gear, and compare it. I have to sort through so much stuff I'm not interested in the way things are now.

And while we're on comparing gear stats - Earth math plz!

Also, something to filter things *out*. Like when I look up devices and don't know the name, I just want to look up devices and see what's for sale. Problem is.. there is a 400 item limit and a lot of that 400 is gonna get eaten up with lockboxes so I never get to see a lot of what is for sale unless I know the name.

Better grouping..

Instead of getting that spammed list of 400 devices all in order of prices, let me group them by name + price so I can more easily/faster scroll to/past items that do/don't interest me and also more easily find what I can afford. For example, as-is now, if I look up mods, the mods are all scattered around in the list by price. I would rather just scroll through, sorted by name/price, Impact Prisms, Lucky Gambler's, and so on (without typing each thing in individually), to quickly find the things I want and with the cheapest price at highest level I can afford. This would also help me sell... Because I can easily see what different mods of different levels are selling for and then set my price on what I think is fair and will sell. For example, if the cheapest Strength Armoring IV might be 10G at the time, but if SA V's are seling for 10G too.. Then I may sell my IV for 3G maybe. The way it is now, I have to type in the mod names twice for every mod I'm selling at the time if I want to see what a fair price is at the time.

As-is, the Auction Exchange has pretty much all the info you need but it's relatively hard to find and sort and there aren't any features to it beyond listing fairly raw data and with Cryptic math for stat comparing on gear.

Let me put it this way.. I don't think there are any of the bare features with the AE that you could REMOVE and have it still be functional.. lol.

This prolly doesn't rate super high on their list of things to do. Since technically, the AE isn't broken, and people are asking for things like bug fixes and more high level (raids!/uber reward) content and bringing back some kind of worthwhile crafting.

Ah well. We can wish.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>