Author Topic: A visit home.  (Read 2982 times)

PunkusJR

• Boss
A visit home.
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:06:56 AM »
This isn't very good. I'm not a great writer and this also hasn't been proofread. If there's a glaring mistake please point it out to me and I'll fix it.

---

Kait0 sat on the roof of a building. The city he looked over was beautiful. Shining towers, clean streets, and peaceful people. An airvent let out a rush of air from the robot; his way of letting out a sigh. This wasn't his home. This city was close, but it wasn't Paragon. Kait0 hadn't been there in almost a year.

A year ago the psychics of the world all saw a vision. The end was coming. At first the heroes refused to believe it. They could stop anything. But the signs started. The seasons changed quickly and the world acted like it was trying to give everything one last go around. The heroes banded together and began preparations. Kait0 joined the group evacuating citizens into alternate dimensions. Unfortunately he never got the chance. The scientists had rigged a dimensional shifter into his body. The shifter powered up and pushed Kait0 into another dimension. He tried to go back, but the coordinates had been last. Kait0 couldn't go back.

In the year that passed Kait0 had jumped between dimensions. He helped where he could, but he rarely stayed in one place to long. he had become a wanderer, looking for remnants of his old world. The world he stood in now had none. He ran his hand along the railing and looked down. It was time to leave. The shifter was recharged and he could activate it at anytime. "Maybe this will be the shift that leads me to them." He activated the device. A flash of light blinded him.

The flash slowly subsided, allowing Kait0 to look around him. He was in the middle of a city, and yet there was no sound. It was eerie, and sent a chill down his robotic spine. The streets seemed familiar as well. Something about the way the building were built. He rounded a corner and he saw it.

The globe supported by Atlas. City hall behind the statue. The park around the structure. "I . . . don't believe it." He shook his head and ran diagnostics. His eyes were functioning. That was Atlas Park in front of him. He ran to it, stopping at the bottom of the stairs. How long had it been since he had stood down here. He took the first step and felt memories rush into his head. That's right, his frame had been different back then. His noncombat frame. "Not much of a hero back then was I atlas?" He said up to the statue as he walked up. He thought of his adventures and how over time he slowly began to see himself as a hero rather than an android with powers.He reached the top and sadness hit him. 

She wasn't there . . . Why would she have been. Miss Liberty had probably left with the others. But even so seeing her place empty . . . it felt wrong in a way. He walked past it and climbed up to the statues feet. The plaque was still there. Still readable. And behind Atlas City hall stood, Statesman's cape flowing in the wind above it. How much of the city had been left untouched?

Kait0 turned around and looked off into the distance. The war walls were off . . . and he could see that the rest of the city was in ruins. He felt sad and sat on the ledge overlooking the place many heroes once came to train. "It's really gone . . . " He said letting out another sigh. ". . . or maybe not." He said looking up to atlas. He still stood, holding up that globe. That was one of the biggest symbols of Paragon. Seeing it now filled Kait0 with a sort of hope. "Heh. We can rebuild, can't we Atlas? we've done it before. They rebuilt after the first Rikti invasion. We began rebuilding fautline. Hell I heard plans to rebuild Galaxy city." He stood up and looked to Atlas. "You'll see. The city you protected will come back! And I know how."

There was a portal under City hall. That sort of lab would be powered by a Rikti generator, which should still be working. He ran into city hall and through it's halls until he came to the elevator. It still had power.

Kait0 spent several hours working at computers. He was setting up the portal so that it could easily be used to travel back and forth. A visitor would be able to set the coordinates of whatever dimension they called home. After a few hours he had it set up. One last thing to do. He turned on a camera and began recording. "Welcome home friend. Maybe I told you about this . . . or maybe you found out about it from someone else. But it's true. Atlas still stands. And with him so does our city. Most of it is in ruins . . . and rebuilding will be a great effort. But you go out there. Look at that statue and tell me it isn't worth doing! And when you've had a good look around record the coordinates of this lab. Find others. Tell them about this place. Tell them they still have a home. It just needs them to come back." He shut off the camera. Maybe someone else could leave a better speech in the future. For now that would have to do.

He walked back outside and looked around the park. It was lifeless now . . .  but one day he'd come back and it wouldn't be. One day the heroes would be back. But for today . . . it was time to leave. he had stored the coordinates of the lab. It was time to find someone to give them to. He activated the shifter and left home once again, and, unlike last time, was full of hope.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: A visit home.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
Oh, God...that made me cry. That was awesome, Punkus. And that last line went to my heart....

"He activated the shifter and left home once again, and, unlike last time, was full of hope."

I am hopeful that we will once again fight and fly in Paragon.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:01:49 AM by healix »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
Oh, God...that made me cry. That was awesome, Punkus. And that last line went to my heart....

"He activated the shifter and left home once again, and, unlike last time, was full of hope."

I am hopeful that we will once again fight and fly in Paragon.

So am I ^^ I'm glad you liked it.  Sorry I made you cry though. D:  though I cried when I wrote it, so mission complete?
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
We will fly the streets again! Never give up hope!