Author Topic: Anniversary Preview + Double XP Weekend  (Read 4634 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Anniversary Preview + Double XP Weekend
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:49:47 AM »
Source

Quote from: trailturtle
Happy anniversary, heroes! September 1st is the fourth anniversary of Champions' launch, and we're celebrating starting on Thursday. We're bringing back your favorite events, including double XP and Questionite, and adding a few new perks and rewards!

More details here: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=970931
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Anniversary Preview + Double XP Weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:53:40 AM »
That's pretty cool.

I like how Double XP works in Champions. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »
Sweet
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »
It figures.  I was planning on subscribing NEXT week.

I've got work I need to finish by Monday, Dofus is having a three-day free subscription weekend (with other things happening, like dungeon bosses appearing in the wild), and there's a one-weekend-only Flea Market happening nearby.

If it was any weekend but this one, I'd have plenty of free time (and extra spending cash) to mess around with CO.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
I am happy they are doing this as well.  I've a few characters I want to get to forty so I can get some new character slots.  Thats honestly to me, one of the few things CO does right, it rewards subscribers for playing through it.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »
It figures.  I was planning on subscribing NEXT week.

I've got work I need to finish by Monday, Dofus is having a three-day free subscription weekend (with other things happening, like dungeon bosses appearing in the wild), and there's a one-weekend-only Flea Market happening nearby.

If it was any weekend but this one, I'd have plenty of free time (and extra spending cash) to mess around with CO.

If you have some characters in CO, it's worth logging on to get the Double XP buff. It will stay after the event. It's a two hour buff I think. Worth picking up to use later.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
If you have some characters in CO, it's worth logging on to get the Double XP buff. It will stay after the event. It's a two hour buff I think. Worth picking up to use later.

The only character I could get the bonus with is a Silver character I really don't care about.  All the characters I want double XP for are locked behind that Gold wall.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
The only character I could get the bonus with is a Silver character I really don't care about.  All the characters I want double XP for are locked behind that Gold wall.

Might still be worth it. I had an AT that I converted to Freeform.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »
I might get into it. I havent played CO in about a month now (kept the sub though ;D), and hope no crazy bugs happen.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »
DoubleXP has started.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »

This weekend, or anytime anyone sees @toonssquad online, I'll run any Alerts including smashes/dailies/customs (for Silver Champs)/anything else. We should blaze through fairly fast.

You'll have to find someone else for running rat-in-mazes (mishes) but I'll join yours if you want a hand.

>>

I might be on toonsquadtoo.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:56:55 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:25 AM »
So far I took one char from level 35 to forty as of writing this, and another from 35 to 37.  I enjoy this more because I get more character slots though.  Even then you still have to have a build to reliably win though.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 02:46:11 AM »
So far I took one char from level 35 to forty as of writing this, and another from 35 to 37.  I enjoy this more because I get more character slots though.  Even then you still have to have a build to reliably win though.

Congrats!

I got my oldest or second oldest character (don't know which as I think I created them on the same day) to 40. About 14 levels. Was grinding pretty hard. :D

With that goal met, I'm hoping to get enough presents opened to get the Sapphire Action Figure.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »
Still haven't gotten the Dancin' Sapphire Action Figure yet, but I have gotten most of the anniversary suit and also the Madbot helmet.

I'm using my hoverbike with the gravity attacks to get the presents and so far it's working out okay. Hopeful to get the figure unlocked before the event is over. :D

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 03:14:42 AM »
My Radiant archetype character, Samantha-Quasar, is a typical teenager (besides having super powers), and she loves everything about Sapphire, including the music.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »
I got my Sapphire action figure just a few minutes ago.  ;D

I had forgotten about the present xp and resource boosts. Those are quiet handy. I also have a ton of Anniversary sparkly costume pieces now which I am going to hold onto in case I have friends who start the game later who could use them. They aren't the best pieces in the game (IMO) but I never say no to a new costume piece in case I might find a use for it later.  ;D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

Got a 40, another character from 10 to 35, and a third from 16-30.

Not bad, but  I am not expecting to get much more done before the day is over. Kinda gamed out right now.  ;D

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »
Witchcraft will disappear after today. Get the buff while you still can.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:21 AM »
The Smash queue's were burning up last weekend..

I've still got at least 3 stacks of presents to open, too.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »
I got the 150 presents for the Action Figure.

Now I think a large portion of my time is going to be spent getting presents again for the xp and resource boosters. I'm all out of XP boosters right now.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 06:15:53 AM »
it pains me not playing :(. I see so much unused potential in this game.
maybe I might comeback time to time
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
OhhHhh I didn't realize the presents thing was going all week. Time to stock up! Usually I'll spend a couple G to get XP boosters but sometimes I'll pay 10. It's a constant drain. Will be nice to be stocked up on those. Can't pass up free resource boosters either. I might actually start accumulating G.

That party ball is the best. Like on Alerts where you can target the boss right before the cutscene and so they are dancing during the cutscene.. Uw-ber. Only thing that sucks is when it takes someone forever to load and so the effect fades before the cutscene starts and the cooldown timer is still doing it's thing so I can't fire off another one and then *Zwing!* here comes Mr. Slowloader and off we go, opportunity wasted *sigh*

That reminds me, I don't get how to use the Noise Visualizers.

Haven't tried the costume pieces yet but have collected.. many.

Thunder Glove missed the 2x XP weekend but it still seems like a decent week to be starting/coming back to CO.
Some Faves:

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 04:37:34 AM »
Those party balls are good for taking on the super villains that are just a bit too tough for your build to take down, too...

I came up against one that I just could *not* take down.  I tried everything I knew to try, he was just too tough.  But, toss one of those party balls at him and it's "say goodnight, Gracie..."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
Party balls are one of the best loots ever.

I've gone through stacks and stacks and not one time for any practical use other than to see something new (dancing cutscenes) or to celebrate a ding, or whatever other frivolous use seemed appropriate at the time to liven things up from the norm.

They have practical use like you say. And I'd like to have some for beyond this week, for grins, too.

There's still time to save a few. I'll give it a shot  : )

Some Faves: