Author Topic: Ideas for power progression for future COH replacement  (Read 1395 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
Ideas for power progression for future COH replacement
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:22:54 AM »
(Mod's please move this to the Plan Z board you think would be most fitting to allow the actual designers to see this. thanks.)

So, i randomly had this thought while reading random stuff on the internet, and thought it would be a great addition that can make the "Everything in this room is dead" style of CoH ever funner than it was.

You remember those times you had to pick a power in CoH even though you effectively had nothing to spend it on? Your pool powers were satisfied and you pretty much just picked up some pool powers to maybe fit a recharge LOTG in. Well i think the following suggestion would not only fix this, but make it occasionally preferable, playstyle depending.

You could use this bonus slot, instead of investing in a new power, to improve an existing one, but not a damage buff. no, more like change the power to be...better. Let me use an illusion controller as an example of what this could do.

Keep in mind, realize this may not be possible to pull off with whatever engine Titan is trying to use. but hell, i loved illusion and i think people who also loved illusion are going to love this loving me loving this community...Wait.

Using the aforementioned illusion as an example...

PS: Titan, if you are going to clone any powerset from controllers...or weren't going to in the first place, clone illusion. Do it.

Spectral wounds
Upgrade: Trembling pain: When spectral wounds wears off, the target is feared.
Upgrade: Hand of death: Killing/defeating an enemy with spectral wounds fears units nearby the defeated foe, as you just waved your hand and their friend died.

Blind:
Upgrade: MY EYES!: Target takes damage over time and after the blind wears off they become disoriented

Upgrade: Don't look toward the light!: When the blind effect (or after the disorient if previously upgraded) wears off, the target's accuracy is reduced by 50% for any non elite enemies (Heroes, archvillains, whatever the class under archvillain but above boss was again.)

Deceive:
Upgrade:Sworn enemies: The first two enemies you decieve are able to be controlled directly like a mastermind would, any units confused after this are confused normally. If you allow the time to run out on a minion or lower level enemy, they faint from the exhaustion on the mind.

Upgrade: All your base: Deceive's animation is 5x as fast and has no cooldown

Flash
Upgrade: Stunning looks: Flash has no animation, and casts instantly.

Upgrade: Retina Destroyer: Flash's cooldown is now only a minute long.

Phantom Army

Upgrade(t1) Phantom squad: Add's a fourth phantom to your phantom army
Upgrade (t2, requires phantom sqaud) Phantom Legion. Add's one more phantom to your phantom army spell.
Upgrade (t3) Can't stop the voices! Phantom army's cooldown now matches it's duration.

Spectral Terror
Upgrade: Jump scare: When summoned, if any enemies are nearby the area it was conjured in, the targets suffer a magnitude 1 knockup and flip over.
Upgrade: No notes collected: The spectral terror is able to teleport behind and fear any enemy that attacks it's master.

Phantasm:
Upgrade: I am the invisible man!: The phantasm is able to be customized in the tailor, and can be directly controlled like a mastermind.
Upgrade: Extended family(Requires two upgrade points): You are allowed to have three phantasm decoys alongside your regular one during a fight, the phantasm decoys will also be given the ability to assist the original phantasm summoning the remaining ones that haven't been brought out.

Something like that. It would add depth, and i feel the only game something like this wouldn't be overpowered would be CoH/ it's true spiritual successor. It focused more on fun and less on balance, as they just made content harder to make it work.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:42:23 AM by Waffles »