Author Topic: If it came back tonight  (Read 14372 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
If it came back tonight
« on: September 13, 2013, 04:00:11 AM »
If City of Heroes were to relaunch tonight what is the first thing you would do?
What server would you go to first?
What Character would you reroll?
What Super Group would your recreate?
Who would you message first? :)

navyrayne

• Minion
Re: If it came back tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:09:05 AM »
Virtue
My Fire/Fire Blaster
LSI
Jordan Murphy (Jordan James)
Community and Media Relations Manager - Pixel Constructor LLC - Grumpy Witch
Formerly,
Community Manager - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Games
Community Manager - Legends of Aethereus - Three Gates Studio
Community and Media Relations Manager - Heliborne - JetCatGames

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 04:31:27 AM »
Freedom
My main, Knight'Hawk (hopefully I can get in early enough to be able to spell it right...)
Mine, so I can start rebuilding my base.
....good question. I didn't really know anyone particularly well.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 05:34:42 AM »
i would go to FREEEEDDDOOOOOMMMMMMM !!! :D and remake my fire/fire blaster
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 05:40:28 AM »
Buy up all the purples people dumped for 5 inf on the auction house :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:29:21 AM »
Virtue
Zoey Lovecraft(Empathy/Rad defender)
My Super Group The Rainbow Poptart Brigade. Or Justice Girls
Buton

SentaiRed

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »
Triumph
Sentai Red (Katana/Regen Scrapper, but I'd reroll as Fire/SS Tank)
Sentai Force
Sentai Pink, but there are a few other SG mates that I still have contact for who I'd also message right after that. :P

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
Virtue
Whatever took my fancy when I logged in, probably some variety of scrapper
Wouldn't make a SG, would probably recreate a few global channels though if no one beat me to it
The first 7 friends I saw online to drag into a team for a good old fashioned romp through the sewers.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:34 PM »
I would walk up and punch a Hellion square in the face. I'd keep punching him till he fell, then /e smack him and /e dance on his sorry "defeated" carcass. Just cause I could.   .....Unless I still had Ninja Run, in which case I would turn on Ninja Run and go Ninja Running clear across Ninja Running creation for a solid Ninja Running hour.

Virtue. It's home! I gotta go home! But this time around I'd actually make time to play on the other servers too. There were some awesome people on non-Virtue servers too, as it turns out! Who knew? :P

Triplash, DM/Regen Scrapper. Gotta go back to my roots, y'know?

The only SG I was ever really in was my solo SG, Crystalguard. So that's coming back.

I was always mostly a soloer, but there's one friend who'd be clear at the top of my must-contact list. Around here he goes by the name of detour. Coolest guy to hang with, and he never even minded that most of the time all I wanted to do was street sweep.

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 05:07:56 PM »
I vaguely remember the name triplash

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »
Well if you were on Virtue, I probably tossed a cookie at you at some point. A fortune cookie maybe, with a Mystic Fortune in it. ;D

I people watched in Atlas Park a lot too, you mighta coulda seen me there. And heck, maybe we hung out for a bit but it was only the one time. Who knows?

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
I'd resume my subscription. Might not play a lot, though. Probably what time I'd spend with the game would involve demo recording as much as I could manage.

The trust that allowed me to commit time, or spend money in the Paragon Market, or even just casually enjoy the game without dread has been lost.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 07:21:14 PM »
Assuming it relaunched while still in NCSoft's hands, I'd hesitate, because I know NCSoft and I don't want to invest in the game all over again if they might shut it down on a whim once more...

Assuming by some miracle another company suddenly bought everything and relaunched it, I'd reroll my stone/fire tank, and take up my roll on the Victory server again as its resident Cookie Thief.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »
Truthfully I probably play for that first day to see the people that are happy to be back. That would give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Then fade into the darkness to my usual new haunts probably not to be heard from in that game ever again.
Probably pick a random server and probably create a new toon, one that lingering in the mind for a while now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:25:47 PM by JaguarX »

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
If City of Heroes were to relaunch tonight what is the first thing you would do? Make plans to play from kids-asleep to sunup
What server would you go to first? Guardian
What Character would you reroll? My three mains at the end: The Amber Fist (SM/ElecA Tanker), Pixelbeater (Fire/Kin Corr), and Wyldhunt (BM/DM Mastermind).
What Super Group would your recreate? The League of Occasional Heroes (and its flipside, The League of Occasional Villains)
Who would you message first? :) Whichever person on my friends list was online
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »
Make a ninja, flip out and kill people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Ir6FTIkio

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
Make a ninja, flip out and kill people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Ir6FTIkio

You mean flip out and arrest people.  With a katana.  ...Arrest them into little pieces.  Um.

Cool video! Love the song :D

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »
You mean flip out and arrest people.  With a katana.  ...Arrest them into little pieces.  Um.

Cool video! Love the song :D

By "ninja" I assume he means a Nin/Nin Stalker, which I assume means a villain, and villains don't "arrest" people... :P

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »
Assuming I had to remake all my toons from scratch I'd probably recreate my core group of characters that I really enjoyed and then start leveling my ill/rad controller first. Of course I'd remake my SG as soon as I hit lvl 10 and continue leveling and accruing prestige so I could get the old home up to speed.

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 11:41:44 AM »
Pinnacle.....my namesake here, Cheer Gunbunny, Hero, AR/Dev blaster...Followed VERY shortly by my villain main, Dreadfyre Wraith, DM/FA Brute...then over to Virtue for Decaffeinator, Villain, SS/Will Brute.

TerminalVelocity

• Minion
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
Virtue, no doubt.
Reroll my main, Bullet Barrage. This time fully realized with Martial Manipulation, as it would've been from the beginning.
I was never really in a Super Group. I had my group of friends, of course, but they were all pretty split.
@Big_Bad_Braal, no questions asked. He was a really good friend, but we've since lost contact.
@Bullet Barrage
I left the forums with 1,337 post.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »
By "relaunch", I assume you mean that the game would come back but our old account data would not.

In that case, after saving a few names for later, I'd reroll my elec/WP brute on Infinity and zap everything to kingdom come.

Then, I'd go back to those saved names and roll a few NEW builds that I'd always wanted to try but never got around to or never got to finish (ill/time, dark/sr anything, plant/dark contr. or dom., so so many...).

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
First, I'd have to stop crying. Then I would fly over Atlas. Then, I'd continue to try and stop crying. Next, I'd rebuild my favorite characters if I didn't get them back. I'd be grateful for the chance to get barfed on, shot at, held, drained, caltropped, gassed and slashed, etc.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
What server would you go to first? Liberty
What Character would you reroll? My SS/Inv tank - Headbangers Brawl
What Super Group would your recreate? My own, The Triple-M Brigade (named for my AR/devices blaster, Mini Mega Mighty)
Who would you message first? I'd broadcast "Oh yeeeeaaaah! You can't kill rock n roll, Baybay! WOOHOO!!!"
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Heroid

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
Virtue.
A new version of HEROID (Roy Kirby is retired), or Anola, my lizard girl, or maybe an entirely new character.
I have a sg/vg name or two that I would grab.
It depends on who I saw on.  I suppose we would have to rebuild our global friends list.  But there are definitely people I would want to reconnect with if they chose to play again.
aka, Heroid

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
A technical lets play of the game.  Where I explain my overall strategy and what makes it work and actually take on every mob group I can with a character(likely a corruptor or defender).  I'd be very happy to try and start videos of how to play the game better.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
just think when/if it comes back it will be easier to make money :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:34 AM »
Ditch my skinny jeans and relaunch Broadback in all his oversized splendor onto Guardian.

Beware taco joints ...

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 12:33:44 AM »
I sure as hell would have called into work tonight!!!!!
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 01:00:49 AM »
Well even if for example all our accounts got restored and whatnot, the influence count was still brutally high and whatnot, think of all the opportunity that'd occur?  I am sure some people are of the mindset "I missed this game and it's coming back, I'm sure gonna try it now!". If it's advertised itd get even more sales.  And I'd be more then happy to run things with people.  I'd even "salvage" from a character as much as I could and reboot that character just to make my lets play.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »
Id wait for one of my buddies to get back on and then PL all my toons back to 50 where they were when they killed the game...  ;D

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 03:52:28 AM »
What server would you go to first? Liberty

What Character would you reroll? Grey Kestrel (DB/WP Stalker) followed in VERY short order by Palrah (WP/DB Tank). They were my Red- and Blue-side mains. The Nemissary (my much-beloved Dark Defender) would be there within a few minutes as well.

What Super Group would your recreate? My own Guardians of Elysion

Who would you message first? I'd have to broadcast a great big *OUPH!* XD
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
If CoH came back tonight.....in all reality, I'd probably be too overwhelmed to play anything as I'd be bouncing back and forth between characters.
Edit: but, then i'd probably be taking sick days for the rest of the week.... ( ' ;
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »
Guardian  And dance under Atlas! :)

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
First off I would call in to work, and take a couple vacation days.

Infinity. It became my home away from home and there are many friends there. 

Ellscry, Super Strength/Willpower Brute.

Freeborn. It was mainly my SG, and It had all my toons on my main account and most from my second. Plus a few close friends.

The Pinks, all of them. Starting of course with Simoon, DVD, and Sundew.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
I never had one home server, though I played a lot on Guardian because of my night owl ways meant that the europeans were just coming on line for the morning as I was getting ready to go.

But Ferretina would prowl again, dual claws/ninjitsu (or willpower, she varied between both) claw stalking and assassin-strike shanking every mugger she could find and freezing their cohorts in place in abject terror of her dark justice.

*ahem* sorry, I'm in a writing mood and Ferret Girl's Cass Cain-inspired origins are speaking to me.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »
Heh, after I got over the shock, I'd be busy for a week repopulating all the servers with my cast of characters (447 alts), starting with my main Sugoi (Emp/Psi)Def and her evil twin, Sugoi T, the (Bot/FF) Mastermind.  And I'd give some serious thought to a few of their daughters powers after they were recovered from the alternate dimension they were sent to for safekeeping just before the servers all went dark.

I'd call up a few of my RL friends who I used to play with fairly regularly, and then they'd have to pry my keyboard and mouse out of my cold, dead hands.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Victory Server

I'd reroll two characters--my mains. My Elec/Storm Corr as a villain (rogue) and my elec/elec blasty hero. I'd grab my friends and restart the Villain group we had (leaving my friend who founded the hero group to found it) and the first message would be, in all caps: WE'RE BACK BABY AND READY FOR ACTION!!! I'd then proceed to lose copious amounts of sleep this week. And next.

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »
If City of Heroes were to relaunch tonight what is the first thing you would do?
Call in "sick" for tomorrow... and quite possibly the rest of the week.
Infinity
Yoru-hime, of course. Now picking the SECOND character would be hard. Probably either a scrapper or a DP/Traps Defender. Although the changes to Stalkers had me wanting to dust mine off.  Oh, and there was that Mastermind that I was just starting to get the hang of. Or maybe...
I'd probably recreate the personal SG/base, though I might consider joining a more traditional group in the flurry of activity around the rebirth.
Akari-hime, Yoru's partner in heroism and in mischief.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 12:07:25 AM »
Not so much of a "if it came back tonight" but if it was announced it was, I'd cancel my CO subscription in a heart beat and tell everyone i'm moving on to CoH when it comes back and tell them to give it a try.  Yeah i'm rude like that but hey, if they are curious about the game I don't see anything bad about doing that.

Archlight

• Minion
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2013, 08:53:15 PM »
I would remake...well first thing I would do is lock down old character names.
Then I would remake as best i could some of my favorites.
My name sake INV/SS Tank
Then my slightly squishy Fire/Sonic Corruptor. I do mean slightly.
SS/Elec Brute
TW/Elec Brute
Mind/Fire Dom
Kin/Psy Defender
Fire/Earth Dom

While a late comer that later patches made possible with QOL improvements like Toggles not dropping my Fire/Sonic was a lot of fun. It became one of my most played. Simple Spandex looking costume no cape. Only took a few powers from the sonic Secondary. The first one because you have to the PBAOE sonic bubble that buffs you and those in it and the Liquify. I took Tough and Weave with the PPP Charged Armor throw in some IO defense bonuses and it was pretty tough. Near the cap at 74% S/L resistance and decent energy at 50 ish. Best defense was 38% to range.
I called it my armored Corruptor.
Things you might here on chat:  I am slightly squishy or I put out (damage).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:13:21 PM by Archlight »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
Assuming my old characters weren't there anymore, of course, I'd remake (with some changes afforded by hindsight, since these were among my earliest characters, when I didn't know what I was doing):

Thunder Glove (probably make him an Elec/Elec/Energy Brute instead of Elec/Invuln/Energy)
Sgt. Greenstone (probably a Willpower/Stone/Earth Tanker instead of Stone/Stone/Energy)
Dr. Bodog (still Bots/Storm/Mace, might get a different name)
BluePulse (assuming it's I24, I'd probably redo him as a Elec/Martial Blaster instead of Elec/Elec, maybe even redo him completely as a MA/SR/Mu Scrapper)
Mob*Star (still Thugs/Traps, might also get a different name, since it didn't really fit his appearance)
Ms. Stungun (Energy/Energy/Energy Brute; no changes to this one.  I really liked her, despite having the "worst" melee set)
Diamond Clarity (Earth/Ice/Leviathan Dominator)
Gravity Hold (Grav/Elec/Mu Dominator)
Dark Eidolon (Staff/Dark Brute)
Cobalt Tarantula (Crab Spider. I made him so early in my CoH career that I didn't yet know there was an actual Tarantula critter type, but he's named after an actual breed of spider)
Jade Lynx (Low-level Widow, was eventually going to go Night Widow.  Also named after a real spider)

And that's just the RE-creation.  I want to give Titan Weapons and Bio Armor a try, as well as Beast Mastery, Plant Control, and, eventually, Wind Control.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
- Pinnacle
- (I don't see why our characters would necessarily be gone, but I'll play along.) Since I wouldn't be able to remake my Khelds right off, Whirling Wood, my Staff/Invuln scrapper.  I love my Khelds but I have never had as much fun leveling a character as I had leveling WW.  (Missions?  What are missions?  I scrapperlocked from zone to zone street-sweeping.)
- I'd probably just make a base devoted to storing salvage and teleporting.  My bases are generally spartan and extremely functional.
- I would probably message Victoria Victrix just to say, "WE DID IT!"
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
(Missions?  What are missions?  I scrapperlocked from zone to zone street-sweeping.)

Aha! I knew I wasn't the only street sweeper out there! :D   *high five*

Lolliad

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 11:08:33 PM »
If it came back tonight:
- Server: Infinity
- Character: Sloche, my main (and almost the only one in 7 years) ice, ice baby!
- The League of debt
- Message: I will have no time to send message since Ellscry will probably have messaged me along the rest of the Pinks before.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 01:04:08 AM »
First thing's first....would most definitely do a happy dance and called anyone and everyone I knew who played to share the news!!  Then, without hesitation, I would remake my Illusion/Storm (if could not reload from Sentinel)  and go back to original server, which was Pinnacle.  I then would probably play for the next 24 hours straight!!  Going through each and every zone just to admire all the NPC's and all the chaos that was taking place.  From skulls in Atlas to Supa Trolls in Skyway, to Ritki in the War Zone, to the GM's, Malta, Nemesis, Carnies in Peregrine Island, to Lusca in Independence Port, Sky Raiders in Terra Volta, to the vast map of Firebase Zulu and everywhere in between ;D

After all that, I'd see who wanted to go through every single task force there was, in order  8)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »

After all that, I'd see who wanted to go through every single task force there was, in order  8)

Even the shadow shard TFs?

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 01:17:07 AM »

Even the bloody, frustrating, original Positron TF's.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
I would roll with my underwear only brute, Brief Exposure on Liberty and then my stalkers Dinky Dawg and Zit Boy on Freedom.  The SG stuff would need to come later...I would be overdosing on game play :o  I would also go Hero with a new toon.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 02:08:40 AM »

Absolutely!  Every single one of them!   ;D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:45 AM »
Absolutely!  Every single one of them!   ;D

See I can get down with that.

When it was running not many I could find ever wanted to do the Shadow TFs. Maybe if the game came back there would be a greater more appreciation for the game beyond speed runs and farms.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 03:23:07 AM »
See I can get down with that.

When it was running not many I could find ever wanted to do the Shadow TFs. Maybe if the game came back there would be a greater more appreciation for the game beyond speed runs and farms.

Agreed! I could never get anyone to run those with me, except for maybe the "Faathim of the Kind" one.  Maybe because travelling in that zone could be a bit cumbersome for most?  ***shrugs*** 

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 04:01:16 AM »
Agreed! I could never get anyone to run those with me, except for maybe the "Faathim of the Kind" one.  Maybe because travelling in that zone could be a bit cumbersome for most?  ***shrugs***

Yeah at first yea but then I think they had jet pack contact that way anyone could get around easily. Although after a smidge of practice, the super jump jets in the zone worked well.

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 04:05:42 AM »
I'd get my first five levels grabbing every exploration badge, then I'd do what was needed for the 4 stat-enhancing accolades, then I would attempt to be the first on my server to get all attainable badges. Muaahahahaha!!

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »
Jumping in...

What server would you go to first?  Virtue
What Character would you reroll? Brilliant Twilight (rad/dark def), followed by Stratoburst (peacebringer) ASAP
What Super Group would you recreate? Would be hoping to join a re-formed Lethal Ladies
Who would you message first? @Maiden Glory, followed by @Coloratura', followed by Dakota Sunrise.

Volcanichic

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 04:52:45 PM »
Server= Justice   And pray that The Dark Radio was there as well :0) Miss all you guys :0(

Would absolutely reroll Volcanichic my main. An earth controll / fire assualt dominator. Wow fun!! Great holds and solid damage. If they couldnt move while I was melting them away,,the squishy was never a factor :p

Dont get me started on alts :p

Was never a super group type person,,,, gen chat was my super group :0)

First message ,,, In gen chat,,and it would read "sorry for caps in advance but,, OMF'ing GAWD HELLO !!!"

Oggie221

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:06 PM »
I would recreate my main.  Protonic Flux, log onto Protector server.  Remake my Supergroup "The Protectors"  And just sit in Atlas Park for a couple hours and cry tears of joy at finally being able to return home.

Then I'd take a weeks vacation and play the game till I dropped dead.

:)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
Contact all the Pinn folk I could, and then reserving dozens of names, both old and ones I've made since shutdown.  I suppose I'd begin with Phaetan (Elec/Dev Blaster) in Atlas, Madron (Demon/Time MM) in the Isles, and Frostwright (Ice/Titan Tank) in Praetoria.

I'd start be refounding the Unknown Trio (blue,) with the Secret Smile Society (red) not too far behind.

My first message would probably be in public channel asking if PinnBadges had been reformed yet.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 12:48:30 AM »
cry into my keyboard for like half an hour that it was finally back.... then get around to that stuff I said
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »
I'd get my first five levels grabbing every exploration badge, then I'd do what was needed for the 4 stat-enhancing accolades,

So you're just gonna hit level 5, say 'I'm done with this leveling junk', and go straight for the accolades?!? That's... holy cheeseballs! :o

Although, dude, if you can defeat 100 Fake Nemesisisises at level 5....   PL MEH!!!  ;D

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2013, 02:53:25 AM »
So you're just gonna hit level 5, say 'I'm done with this leveling junk', and go straight for the accolades?!? That's... holy cheeseballs! :o

Although, dude, if you can defeat 100 Fake Nemesisisises at level 5....   PL MEH!!!  ;D
Nah, the "do what was needed" part included leveling. I actually have a mapped out plan, by level, for leveling and earning the needed badges to achieve at least a couple accolades before 50.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2013, 05:51:51 AM »
Nah, the "do what was needed" part included leveling. I actually have a mapped out plan, by level, for leveling and earning the needed badges to achieve at least a couple accolades before 50.

Ahhh. Much more sensible.

Well then. Here's to the day you can put it to use again! Huzzah!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »
There is no Triplash, only Zuul.

What a lovely singing voice you must have!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2013, 07:13:41 AM »
What a lovely singing voice you must have!

Well, my grandfather was a piano mover, so....

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2013, 08:18:27 AM »
Well, my grandfather was a piano mover, so....

Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. I'm looking for, like, an accomplice. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. I'm looking for, like, an accomplice. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?
Well, if we are talking about the original tutorial for City of Villains then I am in, but since we're discussing a prison break, I expect to be out!  After all a trained Arachnos agent would never let slip the name of $nameofcharacter!   Bwahaha!   ;D

Now, as to what I'd actually do: if solo, I'd roll a blaster combo I haven't played yet then do missions around AP, start in on KR radio missions so as to do the AP safeguard and get my temp Raptor pack power, and probably split my time between KR/radio missions and The Hollows, and eventually get to Faultline and Steel Canyon (gotta rescue Percy!), learn crafting at the University, start trading at Wents, etc.   

If teamed, I'd start either a def or a controller and we'd just laugh and play and have fun!  It would be a while before we could ITF, etc. but just paying again would be fun!  I'd have to look (and hope) that a number of AE missions were back too!  AE arcs like "Talos Vice" (LOL) etc. AWESOME!!!   8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Kemphler

• Minion
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2013, 02:33:01 AM »
I'd go to virtue, reroll my Warshade, recreate good ol' T.H.U.G.S., and message the original leader of T.H.U.G.S., Hemphop. And then I'd run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and start hunting and killing skuls.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:20 AM »
I would definitely pick up where I left off with my same char(s).

this time use FRAPPs more.
(I bought it during the last couple months of the game)
I would also explore more maps.

I just hope it would be a different company than NCsoft - it would be uncomfortable to trust them after what they did.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2013, 04:19:36 AM »
Log onto Champion (If it came back) or whatever serve was available. Grab one of my Remaugen Android Bunnies (Or make new ones if we don't get the old ones back) and call my friends to get the band back together!

Then, as soon as possible, make a second account and recreate my supergroups (Clan Remaugen (Villian) and House of Remaugen (Hero)) and bases!

I get giddy thinking about it!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 07:40:37 AM »
this time use FRAPPs more.
(I bought it during the last couple months of the game)
I would also explore more maps.

Exploring maps with your Fraps, eh?

I'd probably flap my yap with some chaps, then do some laps on my Scrap.
Clap while my Blap's bustin' caps at poor saps.
Take some slaps from some traps, but pull up my boot straps
And check the haps in the gap.   ... Or maybe take a nice nap. :o

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 09:13:14 PM »
That's a crap load of rap, chap.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
I need to usurp my last reply. If it came back tonight, I would ignore it.
TPP is only about half a day into the kickstarter (as of this writing) and is already almost halfway there.
If NCSoft were to suddenly get dollar signs in their eyes and relaunch CoH, I would ignore it and never even give it negative attention by ripping on it. As far as I'm concerned, in the hands of NCSoft it's dead weight, even if it's "live".
Although, if someone like Valve bought it, I'd... well... I'd be very, very torn.  :-\

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2013, 01:58:59 AM »
That's a crap load of rap, chap.

Oh, snap.

Without_Pause

• Minion
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2013, 06:16:49 AM »
1. Create as many token characters as needed to grab names asap.

2. Likely Virtue even though Freedom was my main server. Virtue was winning out in the end for me in terms of player base.

3. SS/fire brute. Not to be a main but to be the easy character to self PL to 50 and thus I would get a max level character asap and start working on them from there. I would add around 3-5 or so characters and mostly just focus in them. I have little desire to create the mass of characters I did the last time.

4. Likely my SG from Freedom, but I honestly might start fresh. I pretty much built a solo SG base on Virtue, and I would be willing to create one again.

5. Depends on who came back.

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

Call, text, email everyone I used to run with and/or that I now run with in different games.  Then, assuming that all our account data was gone, the first thing I'd do is recreate my main (probably giggling and crying the whole time).

Liberty

Ice/ice/ice blaster

Actually, I wouldn't.  Mine was getting old and dated to me, so I was already thinking of starting a different one.

Who would you message first?

Green Ax

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 05:06:57 AM »
ice/ice blaster wasn't that a vanilla ice song? or was that a nemesis plot? 8)
-Lex Luthor

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 05:56:12 AM »
ice/ice blaster wasn't that a vanilla ice song? or was that a nemesis plot? 8)

I've never been able to say the term "ice ice blaster" without humming that Queen & Bowie riff. Seriously, not once.

Ice Ice Blaster...  dun-dun-dun  du-nu-nuh-nuh

Alright, stop! Refrigerate and listen.
Ice is back with a brand new mission.
Chilblain grabs a hold of you tightly,
Frozen like an iceberg daily and nightly.

Will it ever melt, yo? I don't know.
Mez-resist the hold, you're still slowed.
Chilling Embrace rocks the beasts and the vandals,
Bitter Freeze Ray turns 'em into ice candles.

Lolliad

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »
I've never been able to say the term "ice ice blaster" without humming that Queen & Bowie riff. Seriously, not once.

That's it... I love you...

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 02:04:42 PM »
Virtue
Ice/Ice Blaster!
Paragon's Secret Weapon
I'll be pestering my brother to play the game everyday! :D
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
That's it... I love you...

D'awwwww! :D

TACKLEHUG!!!

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »

love love love this!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
gave me a much needed smile.

first thing I do when the game returns is look for someone with a boom box that plays this and /em dance
-Lex Luthor

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »
I think I'm going to need to reconsider my post.

Given that City of Titans will soon become a thing, NCSoft would have to bend over backwards in order to get another dollar from me-- even if CoX returned tonight.  And by "bend over backwards" I mean:

• Issue a full apology with an explanation of the concrete steps they would take to avoid doing this to us again.
    Give the game a non-comedic advertising and marketing budget.
    Bestow a crapload, and I do mean a crapload, of free goodies to all returning players.

None of this is going to happen, however.  So if it just came back, no explanation, and with a cursory apology for the time we went without CoX?  I'd be too suspicious to go back.  Fool me once, etc.

Now if it came back tonight under the auspices of a different company?  I'd go back without hesitation.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 12:57:22 AM »
I log onto freedom server. use bio armor and blaster too make toon called hot fudge sunday.
then start gooping people with hot fudge sauce.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »
I log onto freedom server. use bio armor and blaster too make toon called hot fudge sunday.
then start gooping people with hot fudge sauce.
Uh... Well... Reading this i have to wonder whether you even played CoH before the shutdown, because what you're describing was never an option in the game. This thread is asking what you would do if City of Heroes came back tonight, not some imaginary game you made up in your head.

That said, if City of Heroes came back tonight under NCsoft's control i would most likely play it, but i would never invest an extra dollar in it beyond maybe a basic subscription barring some extraordinary reassurances from NCsoft. (i mean reassurances from a business structure and organizational standpoint, not empty platitudes posted to a website or some forums.) If it was it was under the auspices of a different company i would be considerable less reticent. At this point my interest in CoH would probably taper off in the next year or two with City of Titans being developed unless there was also a new developer team put in place to at least finish Issue 24. Issue 24 had a variety of new features and tools that would allow even a small dev team in maintenance mode to keep adding new content and events for players.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 07:08:14 PM »

But remember it take money to run so with the promises of they will run the game as long as it make money is good but ends up empty if everyone don't put money into it. Especially if they bring it back with the F2P option, then if it don't bring in money because people don't spend due to trust, which is understandable, then it's liable to get shut down again. Which then would be what would have been the point of bringing it back? And when options to spend elsewhere when other become available in the next couple of years, then that is even less money they can make making it more liable to shut down again. And of course, the blame wont be again on the people not spending money it will be on them. So the deeper question is why would they put themselves through that again?

The damage done would take a lot to repair. They will need money to run but people wont give money due to what happened which means they may not have enough money to run and the end result end up the same as nov 30th.