Author Topic: If it came back tonight  (Read 14381 times)

Archlight

• Minion
Re: If it came back tonight
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2013, 08:53:15 PM »
I would remake...well first thing I would do is lock down old character names.
Then I would remake as best i could some of my favorites.
My name sake INV/SS Tank
Then my slightly squishy Fire/Sonic Corruptor. I do mean slightly.
SS/Elec Brute
TW/Elec Brute
Mind/Fire Dom
Kin/Psy Defender
Fire/Earth Dom

While a late comer that later patches made possible with QOL improvements like Toggles not dropping my Fire/Sonic was a lot of fun. It became one of my most played. Simple Spandex looking costume no cape. Only took a few powers from the sonic Secondary. The first one because you have to the PBAOE sonic bubble that buffs you and those in it and the Liquify. I took Tough and Weave with the PPP Charged Armor throw in some IO defense bonuses and it was pretty tough. Near the cap at 74% S/L resistance and decent energy at 50 ish. Best defense was 38% to range.
I called it my armored Corruptor.
Things you might here on chat:  I am slightly squishy or I put out (damage).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:13:21 PM by Archlight »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
Assuming my old characters weren't there anymore, of course, I'd remake (with some changes afforded by hindsight, since these were among my earliest characters, when I didn't know what I was doing):

Thunder Glove (probably make him an Elec/Elec/Energy Brute instead of Elec/Invuln/Energy)
Sgt. Greenstone (probably a Willpower/Stone/Earth Tanker instead of Stone/Stone/Energy)
Dr. Bodog (still Bots/Storm/Mace, might get a different name)
BluePulse (assuming it's I24, I'd probably redo him as a Elec/Martial Blaster instead of Elec/Elec, maybe even redo him completely as a MA/SR/Mu Scrapper)
Mob*Star (still Thugs/Traps, might also get a different name, since it didn't really fit his appearance)
Ms. Stungun (Energy/Energy/Energy Brute; no changes to this one.  I really liked her, despite having the "worst" melee set)
Diamond Clarity (Earth/Ice/Leviathan Dominator)
Gravity Hold (Grav/Elec/Mu Dominator)
Dark Eidolon (Staff/Dark Brute)
Cobalt Tarantula (Crab Spider. I made him so early in my CoH career that I didn't yet know there was an actual Tarantula critter type, but he's named after an actual breed of spider)
Jade Lynx (Low-level Widow, was eventually going to go Night Widow.  Also named after a real spider)

And that's just the RE-creation.  I want to give Titan Weapons and Bio Armor a try, as well as Beast Mastery, Plant Control, and, eventually, Wind Control.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
- Pinnacle
- (I don't see why our characters would necessarily be gone, but I'll play along.) Since I wouldn't be able to remake my Khelds right off, Whirling Wood, my Staff/Invuln scrapper.  I love my Khelds but I have never had as much fun leveling a character as I had leveling WW.  (Missions?  What are missions?  I scrapperlocked from zone to zone street-sweeping.)
- I'd probably just make a base devoted to storing salvage and teleporting.  My bases are generally spartan and extremely functional.
- I would probably message Victoria Victrix just to say, "WE DID IT!"
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
(Missions?  What are missions?  I scrapperlocked from zone to zone street-sweeping.)

Aha! I knew I wasn't the only street sweeper out there! :D   *high five*

Lolliad

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 11:08:33 PM »
If it came back tonight:
- Server: Infinity
- Character: Sloche, my main (and almost the only one in 7 years) ice, ice baby!
- The League of debt
- Message: I will have no time to send message since Ellscry will probably have messaged me along the rest of the Pinks before.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 01:04:08 AM »
First thing's first....would most definitely do a happy dance and called anyone and everyone I knew who played to share the news!!  Then, without hesitation, I would remake my Illusion/Storm (if could not reload from Sentinel)  and go back to original server, which was Pinnacle.  I then would probably play for the next 24 hours straight!!  Going through each and every zone just to admire all the NPC's and all the chaos that was taking place.  From skulls in Atlas to Supa Trolls in Skyway, to Ritki in the War Zone, to the GM's, Malta, Nemesis, Carnies in Peregrine Island, to Lusca in Independence Port, Sky Raiders in Terra Volta, to the vast map of Firebase Zulu and everywhere in between ;D

After all that, I'd see who wanted to go through every single task force there was, in order  8)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »

After all that, I'd see who wanted to go through every single task force there was, in order  8)

Even the shadow shard TFs?

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 01:17:07 AM »

Even the bloody, frustrating, original Positron TF's.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
I would roll with my underwear only brute, Brief Exposure on Liberty and then my stalkers Dinky Dawg and Zit Boy on Freedom.  The SG stuff would need to come later...I would be overdosing on game play :o  I would also go Hero with a new toon.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 02:08:40 AM »

Absolutely!  Every single one of them!   ;D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:45 AM »
Absolutely!  Every single one of them!   ;D

See I can get down with that.

When it was running not many I could find ever wanted to do the Shadow TFs. Maybe if the game came back there would be a greater more appreciation for the game beyond speed runs and farms.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 03:23:07 AM »
See I can get down with that.

When it was running not many I could find ever wanted to do the Shadow TFs. Maybe if the game came back there would be a greater more appreciation for the game beyond speed runs and farms.

Agreed! I could never get anyone to run those with me, except for maybe the "Faathim of the Kind" one.  Maybe because travelling in that zone could be a bit cumbersome for most?  ***shrugs*** 

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 04:01:16 AM »
Agreed! I could never get anyone to run those with me, except for maybe the "Faathim of the Kind" one.  Maybe because travelling in that zone could be a bit cumbersome for most?  ***shrugs***

Yeah at first yea but then I think they had jet pack contact that way anyone could get around easily. Although after a smidge of practice, the super jump jets in the zone worked well.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 04:05:42 AM »
I'd get my first five levels grabbing every exploration badge, then I'd do what was needed for the 4 stat-enhancing accolades, then I would attempt to be the first on my server to get all attainable badges. Muaahahahaha!!
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »
Jumping in...

What server would you go to first?  Virtue
What Character would you reroll? Brilliant Twilight (rad/dark def), followed by Stratoburst (peacebringer) ASAP
What Super Group would you recreate? Would be hoping to join a re-formed Lethal Ladies
Who would you message first? @Maiden Glory, followed by @Coloratura', followed by Dakota Sunrise.

Volcanichic

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 04:52:45 PM »
Server= Justice   And pray that The Dark Radio was there as well :0) Miss all you guys :0(

Would absolutely reroll Volcanichic my main. An earth controll / fire assualt dominator. Wow fun!! Great holds and solid damage. If they couldnt move while I was melting them away,,the squishy was never a factor :p

Dont get me started on alts :p

Was never a super group type person,,,, gen chat was my super group :0)

First message ,,, In gen chat,,and it would read "sorry for caps in advance but,, OMF'ing GAWD HELLO !!!"

Oggie221

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:06 PM »
I would recreate my main.  Protonic Flux, log onto Protector server.  Remake my Supergroup "The Protectors"  And just sit in Atlas Park for a couple hours and cry tears of joy at finally being able to return home.

Then I'd take a weeks vacation and play the game till I dropped dead.

:)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
Contact all the Pinn folk I could, and then reserving dozens of names, both old and ones I've made since shutdown.  I suppose I'd begin with Phaetan (Elec/Dev Blaster) in Atlas, Madron (Demon/Time MM) in the Isles, and Frostwright (Ice/Titan Tank) in Praetoria.

I'd start be refounding the Unknown Trio (blue,) with the Secret Smile Society (red) not too far behind.

My first message would probably be in public channel asking if PinnBadges had been reformed yet.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 12:48:30 AM »
cry into my keyboard for like half an hour that it was finally back.... then get around to that stuff I said
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »
I'd get my first five levels grabbing every exploration badge, then I'd do what was needed for the 4 stat-enhancing accolades,

So you're just gonna hit level 5, say 'I'm done with this leveling junk', and go straight for the accolades?!? That's... holy cheeseballs! :o

Although, dude, if you can defeat 100 Fake Nemesisisises at level 5....   PL MEH!!!  ;D