Author Topic: If it came back tonight  (Read 14433 times)

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
Re: If it came back tonight
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »
I've never been able to say the term "ice ice blaster" without humming that Queen & Bowie riff. Seriously, not once.

Ice Ice Blaster...  dun-dun-dun  du-nu-nuh-nuh
Ice Ice Blaster...  dun-dun-dun  du-nu-nuh-nuh

Alright, stop! Refrigerate and listen.
Ice is back with a brand new mission.
Chilblain grabs a hold of you tightly,
Frozen like an iceberg daily and nightly.

Will it ever melt, yo? I don't know.
Mez-resist the hold, you're still slowed.
Chilling Embrace rocks the beasts and the vandals,
Bitter Freeze Ray turns 'em into ice candles.

love love love this!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
gave me a much needed smile.

first thing I do when the game returns is look for someone with a boom box that plays this and /em dance
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:50 AM »
I think I'm going to need to reconsider my post.

Given that City of Titans will soon become a thing, NCSoft would have to bend over backwards in order to get another dollar from me-- even if CoX returned tonight.  And by "bend over backwards" I mean:

• Issue a full apology with an explanation of the concrete steps they would take to avoid doing this to us again.
    Give the game a non-comedic advertising and marketing budget.
    Bestow a crapload, and I do mean a crapload, of free goodies to all returning players.

None of this is going to happen, however.  So if it just came back, no explanation, and with a cursory apology for the time we went without CoX?  I'd be too suspicious to go back.  Fool me once, etc.

Now if it came back tonight under the auspices of a different company?  I'd go back without hesitation.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 12:57:22 AM »
I log onto freedom server. use bio armor and blaster too make toon called hot fudge sunday.
then start gooping people with hot fudge sauce.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »
I log onto freedom server. use bio armor and blaster too make toon called hot fudge sunday.
then start gooping people with hot fudge sauce.
Uh... Well... Reading this i have to wonder whether you even played CoH before the shutdown, because what you're describing was never an option in the game. This thread is asking what you would do if City of Heroes came back tonight, not some imaginary game you made up in your head.

That said, if City of Heroes came back tonight under NCsoft's control i would most likely play it, but i would never invest an extra dollar in it beyond maybe a basic subscription barring some extraordinary reassurances from NCsoft. (i mean reassurances from a business structure and organizational standpoint, not empty platitudes posted to a website or some forums.) If it was it was under the auspices of a different company i would be considerable less reticent. At this point my interest in CoH would probably taper off in the next year or two with City of Titans being developed unless there was also a new developer team put in place to at least finish Issue 24. Issue 24 had a variety of new features and tools that would allow even a small dev team in maintenance mode to keep adding new content and events for players.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 07:08:14 PM »

But remember it take money to run so with the promises of they will run the game as long as it make money is good but ends up empty if everyone don't put money into it. Especially if they bring it back with the F2P option, then if it don't bring in money because people don't spend due to trust, which is understandable, then it's liable to get shut down again. Which then would be what would have been the point of bringing it back? And when options to spend elsewhere when other become available in the next couple of years, then that is even less money they can make making it more liable to shut down again. And of course, the blame wont be again on the people not spending money it will be on them. So the deeper question is why would they put themselves through that again?

The damage done would take a lot to repair. They will need money to run but people wont give money due to what happened which means they may not have enough money to run and the end result end up the same as nov 30th.