Author Topic: New Hoverjet... Anyone Gotten it yet?  (Read 10933 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
New Hoverjet... Anyone Gotten it yet?
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:41 AM »

I've been opening boxes, but I haven't had any luck getting the new jet yet (which I want for concept purposes...)

Not even a shark costume piece yet either.... sigh.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: New Hoverjet... Anyone Gotten it yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 02:48:25 AM »
not yet. But then again aint been opening boxes.

Is that thing available in the drifter store yet? I know he carry some vehicles.

I thought the shark pieces were already available in the costume creator with gold sub?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »
I keep trying with the boxes using keys I got through questionite and globals, it feels like the chance is just way to low.  And bothersome for me.  I did get a shark costume peice, and sold it promptly though.  I actually am more interested in legionary gear for a couple characters, but even so, I'd really rather the devs introduce a way to improve sub-par vehicles that don't have four weapon slots and four mod slots, as well as actually get them that 10% boost to health/damage ect.  It annoys me how they've implemented vehicles like this.  And people say it's a bad idea to allow for more customizability.....sigh.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:25 AM »
I keep trying with the boxes using keys I got through questionite and globals, it feels like the chance is just way to low.  And bothersome for me.

Honestly, the stats overall on this lockbox set feels lower than others. I have probably opened around 20 of these boxes so far, and  I haven't gotten one piece of Legion gear ... and generally my numbers for Legion gear are a bit better than that. So, no legion gear, no vehicle ... no costume pieces... I may just give up on them for now as it doesn't look like I'm getting anything I really want out of these lockboxes anytime soon.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:44 AM »
Sadly he never has the same ones the lock box has, but it's possible he'll get something sort of close to it at some point. As for the shark costumes, no, they are new for this box as far as I know.

not yet. But then again aint been opening boxes.

Is that thing available in the drifter store yet? I know he carry some vehicles.

I thought the shark pieces were already available in the costume creator with gold sub?
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 02:06:08 AM »
This is how Cryptic, or possibly PWE, want to run it. I hate it, myself. I must admit it's cheaper to open boxes here than in NW or STO, and seemed like they had better chances at the tanks, but sadly as they catch in popularity they will likely fall in line with STO and NW in cost and rarity. Heck, notice how the first two lockboxes had like, at least 3 vehicles, after that it was just one thing or two. The costume stuff is nice, but I've never been big on collecting options that way. I hated when CoX did something like this, but at least when they did it you bought one (or what? a pack of 5 with a vet point as I recall?) and each one you opened had 5 chances at rewards. One of the things I loved about City, even when they went and got a cash shop and went free to play, they did things right, you felt like you were getting your moneys worth, and they gave enough back to us for free to make us feel appreciated and not like a money grab.

Also, are players really saying we shouldn't be able to customize the vechiles? That's terrible. It's bad enough there's not even a crappy one you can get for free, AND not any that really cover magic themed characters or any theme outside of tech mostly, but I can't imagine ANYTHING wrong with changing colors or even upgrading them some how. Heck, you can do that with mounts and companions in NW, why can't Cryptic just decide on some company wide polices and structures. :(

I keep trying with the boxes using keys I got through questionite and globals, it feels like the chance is just way to low.  And bothersome for me.  I did get a shark costume peice, and sold it promptly though.  I actually am more interested in legionary gear for a couple characters, but even so, I'd really rather the devs introduce a way to improve sub-par vehicles that don't have four weapon slots and four mod slots, as well as actually get them that 10% boost to health/damage ect.  It annoys me how they've implemented vehicles like this.  And people say it's a bad idea to allow for more customizability.....sigh.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 02:31:27 AM »
Heck, notice how the first two lockboxes had like, at least 3 vehicles, after that it was just one thing or two. The costume stuff is nice, but I've never been big on collecting options that way.

Those two first ones didn't have legion gear, become devices or costume pieces though. In terms of how many shinies are in each box, it's more or less even. They're just not all vehicles anymore.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 03:02:16 AM »
I can agree with that, and I'm sure legion gear is a big thing, but are become devices popular? I never see anyone ever use anything but the "grow big, shrink small" things. Also, I got the impression was the vehicles were supposed to be their big deal, cash cow thing, and there for the main attraction. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people talk about the gear, but the most excitement I hear is over the vehicles in the boxes. Also those first two boxes also dropped better mods for vehicles actually dropped weapon mods, and had better vehicles tech wise. (I got lucky and got the Avalanche tank, it's 8 slots, bonuses, and the incendiary rounds are insanely destructive, on the other hand my GF managed to get the Mantis bike in the last box and while it looks awesome, it's only 7 slots. I will say I'm glad there is verity in some ways for them, but to be fair, if there's other ways to get that legion gear outside the lock boxes, then I just don't know.

Those two first ones didn't have legion gear, become devices or costume pieces though. In terms of how many shinies are in each box, it's more or less even. They're just not all vehicles anymore.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
I can agree with that, and I'm sure legion gear is a big thing, but are become devices popular? I never see anyone ever use anything but the "grow big, shrink small" things. Also, I got the impression was the vehicles were supposed to be their big deal, cash cow thing, and there for the main attraction. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people talk about the gear, but the most excitement I hear is over the vehicles in the boxes. Also those first two boxes also dropped better mods for vehicles actually dropped weapon mods, and had better vehicles tech wise. (I got lucky and got the Avalanche tank, it's 8 slots, bonuses, and the incendiary rounds are insanely destructive, on the other hand my GF managed to get the Mantis bike in the last box and while it looks awesome, it's only 7 slots. I will say I'm glad there is verity in some ways for them, but to be fair, if there's other ways to get that legion gear outside the lock boxes, then I just don't know.

There is other ways of getting legion gear, assuming level 40 legion gear is what ya mostly looking for. There is usually a good amount on the market usually in the 100-200G range. Sounds like a lot but really that is cheap considering that 100G is the going rate for keys and then still no guarantee of getting legion. The top desired one though is more expensive at about 1999-3500G (the one with large amount of avoidance.). The down side is the ones on the AH market is just about all level 40s. There might be a few other levels sprinkled in there but better off just opening lockboxes for specific levels.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »
The initial grav bike boxes and the hover tank boxes were also bad for another reason; they'd 100% rip you off if you got the lowest end reward, as they'd just smother you with 50-75 rank 1 or 2 vehicle mods that were totally useless.  The recent boxes at least give mods that are sellable.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »
I'm going to take back that statement.  The sheer number of mods from the boxes is causing them to drop in price so much that you aren't even getting your money worth anymore from the boxes.  Problem is once just ONE person puts a mod up for under the lowest price, that becomes the new price and it tends to stay that way.  Some rank 5 mods are selling for not even 2-3 globals now and some rank 7s which used to cost 100 globals don't even cost 15 anymore(the most recent ones I got only cost 25 but some jerk put just ONE up for 18, so much for even getting a dollar of globals from that box anymore).

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
I'm going to take back that statement.  The sheer number of mods from the boxes is causing them to drop in price so much that you aren't even getting your money worth anymore from the boxes.  Problem is once just ONE person puts a mod up for under the lowest price, that becomes the new price and it tends to stay that way.  Some rank 5 mods are selling for not even 2-3 globals now and some rank 7s which used to cost 100 globals don't even cost 15 anymore(the most recent ones I got only cost 25 but some jerk put just ONE up for 18, so much for even getting a dollar of globals from that box anymore).

I contribute to that a lot. Putting about 15-30 at a time for quarter of the price, which fills up on average bout 2-3  pages, then someone goes a bit lower, then next round, I put it lower than that price.

Originally I didn't think it would have that much effect since I figured after they sale, the price would go back to normal, but instead, people started to put it around the price I listed and or lower. Then to sell quick, I go lower than the already lower price and so on.

When I started to put mod rank 7s on the market they were going for at least 100, so then I started to rid of mine for 25-30. Then ones costing 10-15 started to pop up everywhere. I haven't put a rank 7 mod on there since in a few days.

But had lot of mod ranks 5s and sold those pretty cheaply. Like I said, the intended effect wasn't to crash the prices forever, but I guess that is the downside to markets where players control the prices. They are either set way to high or end up set way too low. I seen a few rank 5 that cost lower than what a person could get from simply selling them to an NPC.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »
Have ya'll concidered buying up the ones cheaper than the price you want them to be and then selling them yourself at the price you want? It's my understanding that's how the people playing the market keep prices at a point in STO, or are there just too many around to gather them all up?

I contribute to that a lot. Putting about 15-30 at a time for quarter of the price, which fills up on average bout 2-3  pages, then someone goes a bit lower, then next round, I put it lower than that price.

Originally I didn't think it would have that much effect since I figured after they sale, the price would go back to normal, but instead, people started to put it around the price I listed and or lower. Then to sell quick, I go lower than the already lower price and so on.

When I started to put mod rank 7s on the market they were going for at least 100, so then I started to rid of mine for 25-30. Then ones costing 10-15 started to pop up everywhere. I haven't put a rank 7 mod on there since in a few days.

But had lot of mod ranks 5s and sold those pretty cheaply. Like I said, the intended effect wasn't to crash the prices forever, but I guess that is the downside to markets where players control the prices. They are either set way to high or end up set way too low. I seen a few rank 5 that cost lower than what a person could get from simply selling them to an NPC.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 11:49:36 PM »
For the far lower end theres just to many.  In the medium price end of mods that are far rarer you can, but even then someone will still underbid you because the mods are that numerous.  The markets buckling from this huge influx of mods, the double questionite weekend has left questionite prices way to high and even trying to buy keys with globals(which your getting less of due to the lowered mod prices) is becoming more expensive to(keys on auction cost about 140-150 globals now).  I cannot keep up and sadly i'm not gonna spend another dollar on boxes like this.  I'm beginning to question if I should use the next stipend for something else because unless they post an AV on the drifter store I won't be able to get it, cause I never buy vehicles in the C store because they are always junk.

Understand: if they DON'T put an AV on the drifter store, this'll be the last time I even open boxes with keys obtained via globals/questionite.  The boxes are netting far less and less globals in return, each global is meaning less in return due to keys prices going up so much.  Once boxes could get you maybe 50-120 globals now on average I'm guessing thats down to maybe 10-40 globals on average just due to the devaluing of the mods alone.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 11:59:08 PM »
Have ya'll concidered buying up the ones cheaper than the price you want them to be and then selling them yourself at the price you want? It's my understanding that's how the people playing the market keep prices at a point in STO, or are there just too many around to gather them all up?

I have the beans to do that as I have plenty of globals since I don't spend it on much besides buying a gear piece here and there leveling up (highest rank gear I ever bought was a blue level 32 primary defense gear). Besides that, I use what drops from mission completions.

I figured that is what people have been doing with the cheap stuff I sale. Like keys, I usually sell keys at half the low end going rate (50-60 globals a pop on a 100-120 global market on the low end with average about 150-200.) at about 10-20 at a time. But those goes in minutes. I assume people are either using them or reposting them for higher price. 

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »
Wish I knew when you sale keys then lol. I open them, but before anyone thinks I'm selling, I actually tend to pack rat and hoard. So every gear, mod, vehicle, and costume piece I get I either use or store away, never to be hear from again :3 . I hope my questions haven't upset people, I must admit I'm still rather noobish to this game and all that jazz, it's hard leaving CoX where I was pratically a master at it after 8 years of it, to knowing nothing in a game I enjoy less, but feel it's all I have. But I must agree with ya'll, if there's one thing I learned from the way Cryptic handled Villains, handled Klingons, and handled the market place in all it's current games it's that they don't understand how to balance economies OR factions. Believe me, the do some crazy stuff to the economy in STO and not long ago, two times I think, hurt the market in NW.

I have the beans to do that as I have plenty of globals since I don't spend it on much besides buying a gear piece here and there leveling up (highest rank gear I ever bought was a blue level 32 primary defense gear). Besides that, I use what drops from mission completions.

I figured that is what people have been doing with the cheap stuff I sale. Like keys, I usually sell keys at half the low end going rate (50-60 globals a pop on a 100-120 global market on the low end with average about 150-200.) at about 10-20 at a time. But those goes in minutes. I assume people are either using them or reposting them for higher price.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 01:17:07 AM »
I still haven't gotten the jet, but I did manage to get a piece of the shark outfit tonight. (It's definitely not a piece that already exists because it unlocked for me and I own all the purchasable costume pieces and most of the recognition unlockable ones.)

At the very least, I should have enough drifter salvage to buy a VTOL vehicle from the drifter salvage if they put one there.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 01:56:42 AM »
Wish I knew when you sale keys then lol. I open them, but before anyone thinks I'm selling, I actually tend to pack rat and hoard. So every gear, mod, vehicle, and costume piece I get I either use or store away, never to be hear from again :3 . I hope my questions haven't upset people, I must admit I'm still rather noobish to this game and all that jazz, it's hard leaving CoX where I was pratically a master at it after 8 years of it, to knowing nothing in a game I enjoy less, but feel it's all I have. But I must agree with ya'll, if there's one thing I learned from the way Cryptic handled Villains, handled Klingons, and handled the market place in all it's current games it's that they don't understand how to balance economies OR factions. Believe me, the do some crazy stuff to the economy in STO and not long ago, two times I think, hurt the market in NW.
hey it happens. What you feeling CO, is what many felt coming to COX or any game new for that matter. To some the COX market was alien to them although the vets would say "Oh it's easy to make money." Easy for them because they been playing it for years.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 02:23:47 AM »
Indeed it was new and had much longer to get used to, but unlike these games it didn't also suffer from thoughtless interference from the dev team. (Mind you I don't play the market, ever, not interested) Just using NW as an example, two hot ticket items on the market were once dragon eggs and mounts from lockboxes. The first was ruined when they started dropping gift boxes for a week or so, each one having a change to drop a dragon egg, a chance high enough to tank that market a bit. For lockbox mount (which you can imagine are as hard to get as ships in STO and vehicles in CO) were hit very hard by a bug that raised the chance to almost 50%, which the dev team KNEW was there and would hit live with the expansion (and so did MANY players) but refused to fix before hand, not only that but after it was abused and exploited literally within minutes of going live, forcing them to go down 45 minutes later to patch it so why not have just patched it in the first place, and dispite the fact it was abused and exploited the team did not only refuse to do a roll back to take away the cheated mount BUT publicly praised and congratulated the exploiters as "lucky" and to "enjoy their mounts." The prices of those types of mounts quickly plummeted.

As far as I know our CoX dev's didn't do anything that massively screwed with the market, short of getting rid of base salvage and using invention salvage in everything, though I seem to recall that not making as big an impact as I was afraid it would have. There's been other things done to STO, but I can't think of them well right now.

hey it happens. What you feeling CO, is what many felt coming to COX or any game new for that matter. To some the COX market was alien to them although the vets would say "Oh it's easy to make money." Easy for them because they been playing it for years.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 02:28:42 AM »
Indeed it was new and had much longer to get used to, but unlike these games it didn't also suffer from thoughtless interference from the dev team. (Mind you I don't play the market, ever, not interested) Just using NW as an example, two hot ticket items on the market were once dragon eggs and mounts from lockboxes. The first was ruined when they started dropping gift boxes for a week or so, each one having a change to drop a dragon egg, a chance high enough to tank that market a bit. For lockbox mount (which you can imagine are as hard to get as ships in STO and vehicles in CO) were hit very hard by a bug that raised the chance to almost 50%, which the dev team KNEW was there and would hit live with the expansion (and so did MANY players) but refused to fix before hand, not only that but after it was abused and exploited literally within minutes of going live, forcing them to go down 45 minutes later to patch it so why not have just patched it in the first place, and dispite the fact it was abused and exploited the team did not only refuse to do a roll back to take away the cheated mount BUT publicly praised and congratulated the exploiters as "lucky" and to "enjoy their mounts." The prices of those types of mounts quickly plummeted.

As far as I know our CoX dev's didn't do anything that massively screwed with the market, short of getting rid of base salvage and using invention salvage in everything, though I seem to recall that not making as big an impact as I was afraid it would have. There's been other things done to STO, but I can't think of them well right now.

yup sometimes though, lower prices isn't a bad thing. It make it easier to obtain for those that are not or not yet rolling in currency. It's bad to people looking to sale a few items and get rich off their luck from people who are not so lucky. 

Especially mounts, should be affordable instead of an elite item that one have to get lucky to get or have to spend oodles of currency to buy.