Author Topic: New Hoverjet... Anyone Gotten it yet?  (Read 10935 times)

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Re: New Hoverjet... Anyone Gotten it yet?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 02:35:53 AM »
I agree,  honestly, being one of those people who have such trouble earning or grinding stuff out. The irony is on the forums they try to convince people they should be paying higher prices on all things as a standard then they came to. Basically insisting 100,000 - to 200,000 AD should be the standard for even the most basic of gear. They pay no attention and don't think before they act, unbalancing the market, while trying to convince player they should be paying huge prices so that the market can be a better money sink (since in NW the currency you have to trade with in this game is the same you use to buy cash items with, instead of using the gold the game also has, and AD like Q has a daily cap). It's at the very least fascinating to watch it unfold.

yup sometimes though, lower prices isn't a bad thing. It make it easier to obtain for those that are not or not yet rolling in currency. It's bad to people looking to sale a few items and get rich off their luck from people who are not so lucky. 

Especially mounts, should be affordable instead of an elite item that one have to get lucky to get or have to spend oodles of currency to buy.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 04:37:08 AM »
I got another costume peice I decided to sell this time.  Hopefully i'll get the price i'm asking for(alot), which should hopefully push my luck more favorably.

Edit: Sold a sharkskin shoulder pads minutes after posting this for 1000 globals at 10:38 pm mountain time.

....At around 11:20 I started a MASSIVE chain of boxes now, because 7 keys purchased with that 1000 globals lead to rank 7 lucks of the gambler, another sharkskin costume peice, and some rank 7 presence enhancements.  So I'll likely be able to open another 7-8 boxes again and hopefully keep this chain going till I can get an AV.  This is done entirely with globals earned from the boxes and from the occasional grinding.

Edit again:  Another chain started with another sharkskin costume piece.  My character is now up to 144 drifter salvage.  I'm being very surprised right now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:10:03 AM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 01:38:47 AM »
I just read on the Forums from someone who's been doing statistical analyses of the drop rates of the various box item goodies that the chance of getting a vehicle is about .25% per box.

So... I'm probably going to have to hope that something shows up in the Drifter or Zen Store if I'm going to get to make my concept.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 07:17:55 AM »
The chance of getting ships from lockboxes in STO is 1/250, I'd imagine it's the same here for the top stuff.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »
rank 7 lucks of the gambler
uh-huh.
Wrong game ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »
uh-huh.
Wrong game ;D

Oh LOL, ok Rank seven gamblers gems.  Still though nice catch there.  My luck ran out for now but I'll have more mods on sale.  I'm now close enough that if they release a new vehicle for 200 drifter salvage i'll be able to get it pretty quickly now.  I kept getting good mod roles and costume pieces but the chain of boxes opened finally ended last night.  So i'll have to go back to getting questionite for now.  I'll get another one up eventually.

Basically Boxes opened that give good priced mods = more boxes opened from keys purchased directly from the auction.  That said I really question doing this again as I said before, simply because of the luck I've been having with the boxes.  The % is I agree, far to low for something you pay to open.

If the mods at the bottom end were always crap guaranteed then I wouldn't even be willing to open them.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
Sadly, that's how all lockboxes work in STO, CO, and NW.

Oh LOL, ok Rank seven gamblers gems.  Still though nice catch there.  My luck ran out for now but I'll have more mods on sale.  I'm now close enough that if they release a new vehicle for 200 drifter salvage i'll be able to get it pretty quickly now.  I kept getting good mod roles and costume pieces but the chain of boxes opened finally ended last night.  So i'll have to go back to getting questionite for now.  I'll get another one up eventually.

Basically Boxes opened that give good priced mods = more boxes opened from keys purchased directly from the auction.  That said I really question doing this again as I said before, simply because of the luck I've been having with the boxes.  The % is I agree, far to low for something you pay to open.

If the mods at the bottom end were always crap guaranteed then I wouldn't even be willing to open them.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »
The problem is, and understand I'm aware my buying keys on the auction isn't any better, is that it's a total gamble in which it's to much luck involved.  If there was no drifter salvage at all I'd totally be unwilling with the kinda rates they have; because, low and behold drifter salvage is just about the only way I tend get any vehicles at all.  I'd never seen a single box give me a good vehicle from a box.  When I did get vehicles from the grav bike boxes(biggest waste of money ever), they were crappy raptor bikes, totally worthless and useless to me.  Only reason I got them in fact, was because I was going for a widow because that was actually a good vehicle.

The fact is the percentage for the vehicles is to low, which was why the vehicle boxes were so unpopular, they were truely "all or nothing", because only the very best reward which had an even smaller chance than the current boxes was even remotely worthwhile.  And boxes popularity certainly hasn't improved.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »
Then you'd be equally annoyed to know Lobi and Bars, the salvage equivalent in STO and NW, have much higher drop rates than the salvage. Sadly, and I'm not defending them, this is how they want to make money. They rip us off on what amounts to gambling with real money for make believe trinkets. Also sadly it went over so well for them in STO, that they've shoe horned it into every thing else. Frankly I'm just glad we can talk honestly about it here cause on the NW servers they've started banning people who complain, and I so wish I was being over board about that. Mind you not every complaint, but lately it doesn't take much to get banned. The only way we can change their minds on lockboxes would be to make a big stink about it as a group, and even then it'd be a small chance since they truly believe they have all the power. :( Just another reason I miss CoX, they never had to stoop this low and I'd happily trade earning Paragon Points IN game for all the stuff Paragon just gave us for free or allowed us to unlock for free in game vs. all the stuff we're sort of pushed to buy in current cryptic games just to compete. Trust me, I'm just as sick and tired of lockboxes as you are, but I don't see them ever going away.

The problem is, and understand I'm aware my buying keys on the auction isn't any better, is that it's a total gamble in which it's to much luck involved.  If there was no drifter salvage at all I'd totally be unwilling with the kinda rates they have; because, low and behold drifter salvage is just about the only way I tend get any vehicles at all.  I'd never seen a single box give me a good vehicle from a box.  When I did get vehicles from the grav bike boxes(biggest waste of money ever), they were crappy raptor bikes, totally worthless and useless to me.  Only reason I got them in fact, was because I was going for a widow because that was actually a good vehicle.

The fact is the percentage for the vehicles is to low, which was why the vehicle boxes were so unpopular, they were truely "all or nothing", because only the very best reward which had an even smaller chance than the current boxes was even remotely worthwhile.  And boxes popularity certainly hasn't improved.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
Then you'd be equally annoyed to know Lobi and Bars, the salvage equivalent in STO and NW, have much higher drop rates than the salvage. Sadly, and I'm not defending them, this is how they want to make money. They rip us off on what amounts to gambling with real money for make believe trinkets. Also sadly it went over so well for them in STO, that they've shoe horned it into every thing else. Frankly I'm just glad we can talk honestly about it here cause on the NW servers they've started banning people who complain, and I so wish I was being over board about that. Mind you not every complaint, but lately it doesn't take much to get banned. The only way we can change their minds on lockboxes would be to make a big stink about it as a group, and even then it'd be a small chance since they truly believe they have all the power. :( Just another reason I miss CoX, they never had to stoop this low and I'd happily trade earning Paragon Points IN game for all the stuff Paragon just gave us for free or allowed us to unlock for free in game vs. all the stuff we're sort of pushed to buy in current cryptic games just to compete. Trust me, I'm just as sick and tired of lockboxes as you are, but I don't see them ever going away.

I agree, even super paks did not go this far as to outright rip everyone off.  You always got your moneys worth, while the lock boxes you get a tiny figment no matter how you look at it.  It's like atlas shrugged, only give the common person the tiniest scraps.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
Indeed, I always praised how Cox handled the cash store. Even when it was the super booster packs you got a whole lot for your ten bucks (full costume sets, emotes, a special feature *usually a power* and more). No one does that anymore, it's a disheartening at the very least. Only thing I didn't like was buying powersets. Just never liked the idea, but even then you unlocked a full set, usually for more than one AT, which could lead to so many incredible character combos. Even the costume things didn't bother me cause they gave some hats for free, bundled some up fairly and let you buy them very cheaply piece meal. Meanwhile, unlike Cryptic, they always made sure to give us free powersets, free costume sets, and kept the major content updates being free. No one really does that anymore. Cryptic will throw like 20 new and expensive things in the store before they finally put in a free event or story arc at some point, and even then they'll let you earn some stuff in game, but leave an option to pay some way to get it easier or sooner.

I agree, even super paks did not go this far as to outright rip everyone off.  You always got your moneys worth, while the lock boxes you get a tiny figment no matter how you look at it.  It's like atlas shrugged, only give the common person the tiniest scraps.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
Indeed, I always praised how Cox handled the cash store. Even when it was the super booster packs you got a whole lot for your ten bucks (full costume sets, emotes, a special feature *usually a power* and more). No one does that anymore, it's a disheartening at the very least. Only thing I didn't like was buying powersets. Just never liked the idea, but even then you unlocked a full set, usually for more than one AT, which could lead to so many incredible character combos. Even the costume things didn't bother me cause they gave some hats for free, bundled some up fairly and let you buy them very cheaply piece meal. Meanwhile, unlike Cryptic, they always made sure to give us free powersets, free costume sets, and kept the major content updates being free. No one really does that anymore. Cryptic will throw like 20 new and expensive things in the store before they finally put in a free event or story arc at some point, and even then they'll let you earn some stuff in game, but leave an option to pay some way to get it easier or sooner.

Honestly i worry NCSoft shut CoX down because of the store, they saw something progressive that could make money and it offended them.  You'd think companies would look at how CoX handled free to play in general, it allowed alot of in the middle and always rewarded veterans for the money they gave the game, rather then saying "your no longer subscribed, screw you your no better then the freeloader".

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
Not sure if we should get into this type of topic, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with money. Even Tarbula Rasa got some big last day send off and every game they closed so far everyone with an NCSoft account got free trials to games. This time we got the finger, they fired the devs same day and made them keep quiet about it, not only gave us no event but didn't even wait til the last issue was released especially since it was practically ready, gave us back a little money, but no trials just a bunch of lies and making sure they could sit on the IP, they even withheld one signature to prevent Paragon from buying it all up an ending everything. No, my friend, this was a sudden and out of no where choice, much like a kid throwing a temper tantrum. I'm convinced there was a big disagreement and NCSoft vindictively over reacted, maybe even to make an example of them. That's why we got no notice and no mercy, and why unless we can at least truly embarrass them it'll be hard to get the game back short of a concentrated effort on emulation or something more on their level.

That being said though, CoX, no matter how you had it sliced, usually had themselves on the ball. Innovative, created many ideas most people use today, fun and friendly, attracted the right kind of people, and had a way of making money the old school way with respect and value to the customer and service to help them when they needed it.

Honestly i worry NCSoft shut CoX down because of the store, they saw something progressive that could make money and it offended them.  You'd think companies would look at how CoX handled free to play in general, it allowed alot of in the middle and always rewarded veterans for the money they gave the game, rather then saying "your no longer subscribed, screw you your no better then the freeloader".

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 01:18:10 AM »
Definently attracted the right kind of people and gave the good kind of deals.  I sometimes feel CO does the opposite.  Especially when you have cheating-level exploits lasting for a year being used by those who litterally try to insult others for not getting there level of play.  I am wondering though, if the exploit of using teleosaurus pharamones or 5x eruptions is why people did buy keys.  If thats the case then maybe boxes will be forced to improve or fade from CO.

Given I don't think cryptic tries to attract the worst kinds of players, but I suspect publisher medling for the lowest common denominator catering we sometimes see, and the shoddy implementation of the lockboxes(particularly the to low a chance to get anything good) certainly doesn't help the game.  The fact that CO lost all but like a few developers for a full year prevented any bug fixes, so it's hard for me to say how popular lockboxes really are when in order to get legacy gear you HAD to open them and open drifter boxes.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 01:50:23 AM »
Lockboxes are popular in STO and NW, so they blindly believe it will work here, maybe to the extent it'll blind us or make up for lack of content and fixes, or maybe they think if we buy enough it'll prove the game is worth giving a budget and development to, but let's face it. In reality you have to spend money to make money, and they simply don't wanna do that. I think the biggest issue with the people attracted is that they are all free. We saw it in CoX to a smaller extent when it went to Freedom. Not having to pay attracts everyone, even the bored jerks of the net with nothing better to do AND the evil real money traders in droves. At least CoX had the smarts to put up pay walls (what was it, 5 dollars to be premium and talk in more channels? And could do mail til lvl 10?) while Cryptic messes it up by letting anyone in and no walls. NW is flooded with real money traders, I've never seen such rude and crude behavior before from players. Please tell me I'm not dreaming and we of CoX were usually on our better behavior.

Definently attracted the right kind of people and gave the good kind of deals.  I sometimes feel CO does the opposite.  Especially when you have cheating-level exploits lasting for a year being used by those who litterally try to insult others for not getting there level of play.  I am wondering though, if the exploit of using teleosaurus pharamones or 5x eruptions is why people did buy keys.  If thats the case then maybe boxes will be forced to improve or fade from CO.

Given I don't think cryptic tries to attract the worst kinds of players, but I suspect publisher medling for the lowest common denominator catering we sometimes see, and the shoddy implementation of the lockboxes(particularly the to low a chance to get anything good) certainly doesn't help the game.  The fact that CO lost all but like a few developers for a full year prevented any bug fixes, so it's hard for me to say how popular lockboxes really are when in order to get legacy gear you HAD to open them and open drifter boxes.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »
Well I was about to start one last chain, and the first key I used of the three I bought, I got the AV, finally.  I will get screenshots over in a bit.

Edit: Having to reset my imageshack password, since it's been forever since I'd used image shack.  Once thats up I'll show it(it may be a short while, RL stuff today).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:56:35 PM by LaughingAlex »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 08:32:38 PM »
Lockboxes are popular in STO and NW, so they blindly believe it will work here, maybe to the extent it'll blind us or make up for lack of content and fixes, or maybe they think if we buy enough it'll prove the game is worth giving a budget and development to, but let's face it. In reality you have to spend money to make money, and they simply don't wanna do that. I think the biggest issue with the people attracted is that they are all free. We saw it in CoX to a smaller extent when it went to Freedom. Not having to pay attracts everyone, even the bored jerks of the net with nothing better to do AND the evil real money traders in droves. At least CoX had the smarts to put up pay walls (what was it, 5 dollars to be premium and talk in more channels? And could do mail til lvl 10?) while Cryptic messes it up by letting anyone in and no walls. NW is flooded with real money traders, I've never seen such rude and crude behavior before from players. Please tell me I'm not dreaming and we of CoX were usually on our better behavior.

I think it was 5 dollars to talk in most channels. That change originally didn't go over as well at first but it did significantly decrease the gold farmer spam. Although the "pay real money" for PL spam was in force still.

In CO, haven't seen any Gold farmer spam.

Heard there were some in NW though.

Unknown about STO.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »
I hated the pay wall cause it affected friends, it was annoying, but I understood it's necessity. I can see how most would hate it, but sometimes a one time minor pain can help avoid hours, days, weeks, months of more.

As for the rest, I see it like this:

by and large CO is a barren failure that even Cryptic has ignored up til now (making it really their fault) so there isn't a good reason to Gold Farm here.

NW is so terrible that you literally can't do much in PE without seeing Gold Farmers spamming day and night....ALL day and night. It used to be way worse, two or three working for the SAME SITE would spam there message 5 to 10 times in a ROW so it would be the only thing in the chat window, practically on each others heels. It was almost impossible to report spam one before the next one started. Recently they added an auto silence to anyone who talks more than three times in a row (or repeats the same message more than 3, not sure) all that has done is make them spam only three times in a row and much like the Mighty Hydra of old, you ignore one, two take it's place, still all day.

And interestingly enough, dispite STO's popularity their gold spammers haven't been too crazy, nothing like NW's at least. One random message here or there (unless they've changed since NW came out), it was annoying but no where NEAR the in your freaking face that NW has to deal with.

Annoying yes, but sometimes little pay walls help to limit those things, maybe not out right stop, but it makes a difference and eases your legit customers.

I think it was 5 dollars to talk in most channels. That change originally didn't go over as well at first but it did significantly decrease the gold farmer spam. Although the "pay real money" for PL spam was in force still.

In CO, haven't seen any Gold farmer spam.

Heard there were some in NW though.

Unknown about STO.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 09:58:42 PM »