Author Topic: Fractured skull  (Read 8532 times)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
Re: Fractured skull
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 01:14:54 AM »
I haven't posted in a couple of months because I had a fall.  A bad one, down some stairs onto a concrete flooring.  Splat like a melon.  Result?  Badly fractured skull, subdural hematoma, ripped a major vein in my neck, clotted another, severed some neck muscles,  hearing damaged in my left ear because of blood and fluid pooling against the eardrum and minor damage to my wrist and shoulder.  It was a close one, to put it mildly, but I had fantastic people working frantically to save me.  I had successful surgery to repair the torn vein and now doing physical therapy and occupational therapy.  I feel like a scrambled egg, lol. 

I've missed y'all.  I missed the camaraderie and especially I missed our game home and community.  I remain hopeful and confident that Tony and the team will get something going.  Thank you for all the work y'all have done to save/resurrect our game.  Now to try to catch up on the forums...

Congrats on your emergence from the Lazarus Pit! Yikes.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 05:18:12 AM »
As someone who's grandfather died falling down stairs while working at his restaurant a few years back(stubborn old man insisted on doing everything himself, right up to the very end...), I must say that you are truly fortunate to have survived such a fall at all.

Hope you get all healed up and back to 100% soon! :)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 03:24:52 AM »
Welcome back! Glad youre okay. Gotta watch out; those stairs can be sneaky little buggers.
Get better soon! ;D
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »
Holy smokes!! How did I miss this thread?? I'm glad you're doing better and hope you have a speedy rest of recovery! Get well soon and welcome back!

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 01:52:41 PM »
To reprise something I said on the old COH forums:  Durability is the quintessential superpower.

You're a tough one!

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 02:13:29 PM »
I would often tell people in-game when asked that I thought REST was the single best power.