Author Topic: Agge bought a house!  (Read 16093 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Agge bought a house!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
Making the best of an unfortunate situation.  Very well played.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
It was a great idea for emergency situations like this.  Unfortunately some choose to do this every year as sort of a private Halloween event instead of general Trick or Treating.  So it's only parents with kids who would be participating rather than the neighborhood or the town.

I don't have any children but for the past few years I've dressed up and sat on my front porch, freezing my buns off while handing out candy (or cookie packs for the little ones).  I think this year I'm toning down the costume because I was freaking even tweeners out.

It would be sad to replace the door to door with an invite only Halloween event due to parental paranoia that I or others might actually be the monster we dress up as.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »
It was a great idea for emergency situations like this.  Unfortunately some choose to do this every year as sort of a private Halloween event instead of general Trick or Treating.  So it's only parents with kids who would be participating rather than the neighborhood or the town.

I don't have any children but for the past few years I've dressed up and sat on my front porch, freezing my buns off while handing out candy (or cookie packs for the little ones).  I think this year I'm toning down the costume because I was freaking even tweeners out.

It would be sad to replace the door to door with an invite only Halloween event due to parental paranoia that I or others might actually be the monster we dress up as.

I was never really into the monster costumes. Halloween, and Renaissance fairs, are my opportunity to dress up in my medieval outfits. This year, I'll be dressing up as a Musketeer. Last year, I was a security guard, because I had to work. The year before that I was a pirate. Bowling in the pirate outfit was fun. I might have to try that in the musketeer outfit this year. Next year, I might dress up as a Steam-punk airship captain.

Many years ago, I used to be a part of a group that had mock medieval-ish battles. So, I got to dress up every week at practice, along with the other 200 or so people that would show up. I still have that tunic too, which I've worn to Medieval Times on a few occasions. I guess you can't tell that I really get into those dinner thingies.  :P
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »
It's not that I do scary costumes per se.  Most are based around a grim reaper robe with a mesh panel to hide my face.  What scares them is the old, act like a stuffed decoration and simply move, not jump, not lunge, not shout BOO!, just move a little when they get close.

Of course last year I did spice it up some with four flickering lights between my face and the mesh so I look like some large four eyed jawa.  And two years before I was rushed so I simply threw on a hockey mask I had and pulled a hoodie up around my head and act as a lump wearing that.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
Do to health reasons, I didn't get my animatronics show set up, this year. Next year, with the new designs , on which I am working. I design, build, and program all of my own stuff. Very fun and cool hobby. I love it , anyway.
Happy Halloween, everyone! :)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »
It's not that I do scary costumes per se.  Most are based around a grim reaper robe with a mesh panel to hide my face.  What scares them is the old, act like a stuffed decoration and simply move, not jump, not lunge, not shout BOO!, just move a little when they get close.

Of course last year I did spice it up some with four flickering lights between my face and the mesh so I look like some large four eyed jawa.  And two years before I was rushed so I simply threw on a hockey mask I had and pulled a hoodie up around my head and act as a lump wearing that.
I have always threatened to get a hockey mask and a machete for Halloween some time and go dressed up as...well, my namesake.

Hello, My name is Jason.  ;)

I just don't have a machete...or a hockey mask.  :roll:

Do to health reasons, I didn't get my animatronics show set up, this year. Next year, with the new designs , on which I am working. I design, build, and program all of my own stuff. Very fun and cool hobby. I love it , anyway.
Happy Halloween, everyone! :)
I will quote some posts I recall reading on the old CoH forums way back when...

"Pics or it didn't happen!"  :P ;D

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
I have always threatened to get a hockey mask and a machete for Halloween some time and go dressed up as...well, my namesake.

Hello, My name is Jason.  ;)

I just don't have a machete...or a hockey mask.  :roll:
I will quote some posts I recall reading on the old CoH forums way back when...

"Pics or it didn't happen!"  :P ;D
I don't believe I've ever mentioned this before. Didn't join this forum until August of last year. I've had major issues with my RA for 3 years, now. This time last year I could barely move. I may have posted I was hoping to set things up this year.Sadly, that didn't happen. I will post pics.

The three months we had to get to play before the end, I got to spend about half of that not being able to play. If my wishful thinking has mislead anyone, I do apologize.

[EDIT: fixing quote block ~Agge]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:41:00 PM by Aggelakis »

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
I don't believe I've ever mentioned this before. Didn't join this forum until August of last year. I've had major issues with my RA for 3 years, now. This time last year I could barely move. I may have posted I was hoping to set things up this year.Sadly, that didn't happen. I will post pics.

The three months we had to get to play before the end, I got to spend about half of that not being able to play. If my wishful thinking has mislead anyone, I do apologize.

[EDIT: fixing quote block ~Agge]
I believe you, honestly. I would just like to see some of the fun you've help build. I mean, your show would have HAD to have been photo-documented, right? :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 05:17:12 AM »

The "dining room" is slowly (very slowly) coming together. Almost done! One more shelf up top, two more shelves under the left side... almost ready to put up the books! Need to find appropriately geeky bookends. *sage nod*
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
I believe you, honestly. I would just like to see some of the fun you've help build. I mean, your show would have HAD to have been photo-documented, right? :)
Don't worry can't wait to show it . Yes, I will be filming. Everything is still in prototype stage. Too crude to show, yet. Currently, I working on head and eye movement. I'm also working on a small scale, so the design is a bit tricky. Pico servos are too large, so I'm working with ninetenol( a metametal). This is the stuff they use in  higher end prosthetics. A lot of trial and error. Very close to converting from balsa wood to stainless and delrin. This is just one of my weird avocations, when I'm able to do it. Love building gadgets!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
Don't worry can't wait to show it . Yes, I will be filming. Everything is still in prototype stage. Too crude to show, yet. Currently, I working on head and eye movement. I'm also working on a small scale, so the design is a bit tricky. Pico servos are too large, so I'm working with ninetenol( a metametal). This is the stuff they use in  higher end prosthetics. A lot of trial and error. Very close to converting from balsa wood to stainless and delrin. This is just one of my weird avocations, when I'm able to do it. Love building gadgets!
Everyone needs a hobby.  :)

The "dining room" is slowly (very slowly) coming together. Almost done! One more shelf up top, two more shelves under the left side... almost ready to put up the books! Need to find appropriately geeky bookends. *sage nod*
Are you telling me that you have crumbly food and liquids near that electronic lifeline? :P

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 08:05:22 AM »
Heck no, there's a reason it's in quotes! The "dining room" was never intended for dining - since we started looking, we were looking for a "dining room" so that we could have a dedicated computer & book space!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »
Heck no, there's a reason it's in quotes! The "dining room" was never intended for dining - since we started looking, we were looking for a "dining room" so that we could have a dedicated computer & book space!
My house has three libraries, one of which also happens to have a bed and a TV.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2013, 08:31:15 AM »
Sadly our bedroom isn't big enough for bookshelves/wall shelves for books. You betcha there'd be some in there if it were bigger!

The second bedroom ( game room) will have more shelves on the N/S walls for more books, in addition to the game shelving units already in there!

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
Sounds like my house. Every room in the house has bookshelves, except the bathroom. Although, you can find the occasional paperback.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »

Glad everything is coming together for you guys! Lucky you get to start with a blank slate and not having to remove things. Good luck!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2013, 12:47:34 PM »
Congratulations on your new home!  I hope the ordeal of moving is over and that you're settling in and enjoying!!   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
The workspace is really coming together now.

My new network admin says he has a lot of experience with "The Web." Seems legit.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2013, 02:59:58 AM »
We recently finished the kitchen. The OCD in me wrestled between centering the wall shelves between the cabinets or centering between the counters. It still looks kinda wrong centered between the counters, but it would look MORE WRONG centered between the cabinets because it's harder to ignore something closer to the object in question. I can mostly ignore the cabinets being the wrong distance apart. :p

(click to embiggen)

The stool is there for our tuxedo boy, Zow. He must help/supervise all kitchen activities. (How else will he get scraps!?) It's better to give him his own stool instead of tripping over him constantly underfoot!

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2013, 03:19:25 AM »
We recently finished the kitchen. The OCD in me wrestled between centering the wall shelves between the cabinets or centering between the counters. It still looks kinda wrong centered between the counters, but it would look MORE WRONG centered between the cabinets because it's harder to ignore something closer to the object in question. I can mostly ignore the cabinets being the wrong distance apart. :p

Maybe put different sized artwork on either side of the shelves as a distraction.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.