Author Topic: Agents of Shield  (Read 36875 times)

Omega Force 1990

• Minion
  • Police Officer, National Guardsman
Re: Agents of Shield
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
I am shocked and delighted that episode 3 wasn't terrible.  The only "SHIELD bad" comments were coming from monologuing Iron Man villains, and everyone on the team was playing to their strengths.  The hacker showed off her G.E.D. from the Obi-Wan Kenobi School of Honesty (Lying By Telling the Truth since 1977) and was actually entertaining to watch on mission.  She still has no chemistry with generic white guy, but hey, baby steps.

"The plan won't work without a monkey!"

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2013, 01:43:44 AM »
And we saw our first super villain this episode.  Sure it was just a hand but he is a known Marvel villain so he might emerge eventually... hopefully.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »
surprisingly enough, ABC has announced they've picked up AoS for the full season.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »
surprisingly enough, ABC has announced they've picked up AoS for the full season.

Must keep Joss happy until A2 comes out.   ;D

It is holding it's own against NCIS and the Voice in the 18-49 demographic.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »
So... Coulson doesn't appear to have some of the muscle memory he used to, eh?  Vewwy intewesting.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2013, 06:46:49 PM »
So... Coulson doesn't appear to have some of the muscle memory he used to, eh?  Vewwy intewesting.

Hmmmmm....... Now that you mention it, we should keep a closer eye on him and make sure he doesn't start randomly spouting off about TPS Reports....... ???

What? With Paragon gone, Nemesis Plots had to go somewhere! :P

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »
Of course ABC picked it up for a full season.  They can't cancel it until Summer (series killer) Glau joins.  She should be available right after she tanks Arrow.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »

Of course somewhere around mid season Coulson is going to get shot or stabbed and his blood will show to be a different color and he'll be a LMD or a Skull or secretly a mutant shape shifter that was taking Coulson's place so that Coulson could recover and prepare to fend off a pending inter dimensional invasion.... it could happen
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2013, 06:22:07 AM »
Of course somewhere around mid season Coulson is going to get shot or stabbed and his blood will show to be a different color and he'll be a LMD or a Skull or secretly a mutant shape shifter that was taking Coulson's place so that Coulson could recover and prepare to fend off a pending inter dimensional invasion.... it could happen

I'm pretty sure he spat blood or was cut the previous episode.

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2013, 10:20:19 PM »
He spat blood when he was hit in the face by the Peruvian military woman.

JetFlash

• Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »

We do know that there is something up with Coulson that "he can never know", and this means that the body he is inhabiting currently was not the one he had when he was training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Klendarin

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »
I'm going with: he was killed by Loki, taken to Valhalla (aka Tahiti) by Valkyries, and was magically dragged back to life by SHIELD.  Hey, Joss did it to Buffy...
AKA @Great_Cthulhu, Kelvoro, Virtue Server

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2013, 03:07:49 AM »
"I've come this far, ill do whatever it takes."

SEDUCE HIM

"...help..."

***FALLS OVER LAUGHING MY BLOODY ASS OFF***  ;D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 01:22:53 AM »

So it's too bad but they seem to be pretty adamant about not having any super powered types appear on the show on an ongoing basis.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 03:25:55 AM »
Hacker Dude: "We're in China."

Coulson: "Yeah."

Hacker Dude: "I live in Austin."

;D

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2013, 03:30:53 AM »
So it's too bad but they seem to be pretty adamant about not having any super powered types appear on the show on an ongoing basis.

Of course.  Joss has said many times in many interviews that the show is about "ordinary" people living in a super hero/villain world.  Of course "ordinary" is a little redefined with "The Cavalry", an agent with scores 2nd to the Black Widow, a pair of science nerds that are two halves of a very big brain, a super hacker and a man that's been to Tahiti (it's a magical place).

So yes, they are going to be going up against organizations that may want super powered individuals or recover some super science or alien devices but with the exception of maybe RDJ looking over FitzSimmons' notes on something I doubt we'll see anyone (OK, maybe they run into Darcy, except she's on another network) from any of the movie franchises or any hero/villain that they may want to use in a movie franchise.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2013, 03:34:09 AM »
Hacker Dude: "We're in China."

Coulson: "Yeah."

Hacker Dude: "I live in Austin."

;D

There was a great line a couple of episodes ago.

Coulson: "Remember the panic when that anti-matter meteor splashed down off the coast of Miami and almost devoured the city?"

Skye: "Nope."

Coulson: "Exactly"

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »
Skye...undies scene....

Honestly, I didn't much care for this episode. I don't know what it was, but the cheese/predicability level of this one was really high for me.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »
So yes, they are going to be going up against organizations that may want super powered individuals or recover some super science or alien devices but with the exception of maybe RDJ looking over FitzSimmons' notes on something I doubt we'll see anyone (OK, maybe they run into Darcy, except she's on another network) from any of the movie franchises or any hero/villain that they may want to use in a movie franchise.
See, that's the problem. that idea starts to run thin pretty quickly. It's also why a lot of people, myself included, gave up on Alphas. When you have a show which is ostensibly about superheroes and the people that surround them, you expect to see them doing super things. Right now this show is treading a dangerous line of being too glib and cheeky, with very little pay off on the promise of "the agents of shield" living up to that vaunted organization. for instance, it was rather strongly alluded that the geegaw from episode 2 was nazi/hydra technology which had somehow been sent back in time 1500 years. yet I highly doubt that we're going to get a payoff on time travel because that would be too "super " for the show as it's been progressing thus far. it's POSSIBLE it was a tease for Cap2, but unlikely since that movie is not set in WWII either.

It's akin to tuning in to a show about the Navy SEALS, and watching them do nothing but paperwork and laundry all day long while talking about the cool stuff they do when you're not looking. pretty soon the joke wears thin.

As others have said, this show needs a consistent antagonist if it's going to keep going along, because they're not really executing "crisis of the week" very well at this point. at least IMhO.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »
I believe the "consistent antagonist" is supposed to be this other "super secret organization" that's been gobbling up supers as fast as SHIELD has been. I do think it'd behoove them to have the occasional guest apperence by the various A-lister heroes though. Look at Arrow. The show's about the Green Arrow, but we're getting several known heroes like Black Canary and The Flash this season.