Author Topic: Rumors and Hearsay  (Read 3367 times)

Steampunkette

• Underling
Rumors and Hearsay
« on: September 25, 2013, 01:24:06 AM »
So there's a thing.

Over the past couple of months my mother's health has taken a turn for the worse. My own health has not done terribly well, either. And as a result finances have become a bit of a thing. I am my mother's medical and domestic caretaker because she is disabled and has issues doing for herself. This is a problem in my life but one I tend to work through.

I recently stepped down and stepped away from Missing Worlds Media. I think they've got a great product and an awesome set of ideas. I think they've got a team that can make it work and pull things off in the end. If I weren't in a place strapped for cash I'd donate to the Kickstarter when it launches because I trust this awesome team to pull it all off and put out a game.

However, I've just received confirmation that I'm, apparently, working for Golden Girl. This was news to me.  At first I didn't actually believe that it was a serious issue when someone brought to my attention that "Those Leaving" MWM were joining up with Heroes and Villains and that I was one of them. That I was turning against Missing Worlds Media because of a laundry list of tawdry details and arguments and petty rivalries that kept every action "Political". Personally, I was surprised by the implication since this is the first times I've discussed leaving Missing Worlds Media in any public capacity.

However I received independent confirmation that I'm joining Heroes and Villains. I've come to tell you that I haven't. Neither have any of the people I worked with during my time working with Missing Worlds Media. These rumors need to stop where they are, before they spin completely out of control. If you get a PM about people "Changing Sides" then talk to the people supposedly doing the side-switching.

It may be news to them.

-Rachel-

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
Re: Rumors and Hearsay
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:26:41 AM »
You know you're always welcome back when the time is available, and your mother remains in my prayers. But family has to come first.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Rumors and Hearsay
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 02:56:11 AM »
[posts nuked]

I'm going to moderate (but not lock... yet...) this thread, too.  Let's stay positive, folks.  You know, positive, as in, not gossiping about what people are doing and their motivations that leads to threads like these?  I know everyone loves a good controversy, but it's the kind of thing that keeps work from getting done.

Also, if you're going to joke about where former members of the Paragon Studios staff are, please make sure you explicitly state that it's a joke, even if you think it's obvious from the context.  I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I want to make extra, special sure that no one misunderstands the joke and thinks that it's real.  That could lead to significant damage of reputation.