Author Topic: [Mega-D Invasion] Release Notes, September 26, 2013  (Read 4181 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
[Mega-D Invasion] Release Notes, September 26, 2013
« on: September 26, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
Source

Quote from: trailturtle
Powers/Items:

-All Drifter Legacy Devices are now Unique Equipped. You may not place more than one copy of the same Legacy Device into your Devices toolbar.

-Some Legacy Devices now share their cooldown with other copies of the same device. This applies to: Omicron Induced Strength, Psionic Surge, Eruption, Echo's Stick, Khusor's Doom, Ice Grenades, and Neuroelectric Pulse Generator.

-We have un-bound all of your existing Legacy devices so that you can trade away spares. Any that were equipped have been moved to your inventory/overflow. They have also been removed from your builds. The items are still bind on equip.

-Omicron Induced Strength and Psionic Surge now remove travel powers through the Nailed to the Ground/Freedom! mechanic.

-Telekinesis can no longer pick up and throw objects at other objects. This prevents a strange case where non-throwable mission objects could be thrown at themselves and destroyed without giving credit.

-Dark Aura is no longer disabled when you are held or knocked down.

-Imperator Gladiator and Samurai Robot become devices are no longer bound. If you have one of these devices, it will be unbound when you log in.

Missions:

-Gravitar: the portal to the fight now does not appear until 10 players are on the map or 60 seconds have passed. This makes gravitar's map behave like other queues and Alerts.

-Grab Alerts: Kevin Poe is not Mindslayer. He now has the correct voiceover.

-Westside mission "Fight Club": the Underground Boxing Ring no longer has a hole in the wall allowing you to fly outside the map.

-Westside Intrigue Culmination: fixed holes in the boss room geometry.

-Whiteout: The front doors inside Ice Station Alpaca were misaligned with the walls. Now they are not.

-The following Lairs have new entry requirements:
Project Awakening (solo lair): complete "The Director, Defanged"
Dr. Destroyer's Robot Factory: Level 28+ or complete "That's Just Grate!"
Teleios' Tower: Level 29+ or complete "Searching for Steelheads"
Burial Caves: Level 31+ or complete "A Legacy of Wickedness"
Moreau's Laboratory: Level 35+ or complete "Moreau's Orders"
VIPER Nest: Level 38+ or complete "Whacking Day"

Costumes:

-The following costume pieces have had inappropriate categories removed:
Nighthawk Chest
Nighthawk Head
Dragon Armor Chest
Gravitar Legs

-Bird People Skirt is now on the Hips Layer Warlord Bracer Right (male) now has categories matching the left version.

-Warlord Bracer Right (male) now has categories matching the left version.

-Wolf Bubble 02 is available again.

-The following costume pieces now have additional material options:
Steampunk Electro Gauntlet
Mechanical Tail (Female)
Armor Patch Plate Boots, Bracers & Leg Accessories (Male and Female)
Cybernetic: Top Accessory, Chest (both variants), Shoulders (both variants), Jaw (both variants), Arm Accessories (both variants), Hands (Both Variants), Leg Attachment, Boots, Hips.
Steampunk Mustache (Bushy)
Steampunk Mustache (Pointy)
Spartan Lion Helmet
Steampunk Electro Backpack
Steampunk Goggles

-The following costume materials now have to use a pattern: Dual Claw (Leather, Metal), Spartan Lions (Leather, Metal), Armor Chiton (Metal), Cybernetic plugs (Metal), Armor pointed (Metal), Nephilim Large (Metal), Spartan Lion helmet (Metal), Zombie partial mask (Leather), Long Glove Zombie (Leather), Mandibles gigantic (Leather), Pulp Aviator pants (Metal Leather), Nephilim Large (Leather), Ninja Headband (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Mustache (Pointy), (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Mustache (Bushy), (Leather, Metal), Armor Nephilim male (Metal), Heavy Mecha Shoulders (Leather), Alien Organic 2 (Leather, Metal), Armor Cybernetic (Cloth), Skirt Webbed (Metal), Small Demon Wings (Metal), Alien Organic Tall (Leather), Chiton Crests (Metal), Armor Blaster (Cloth, Metal), Cape Webbed (Metal), Armor Nephilim Blade left (Cloth), Armor Nephilim Blade right (Leather, Metal), Elbow Disk right (Metal), Steampunk Goggles (Leather, Metal), Steampunk Goggles 2 (Leather, Metal, Cloth), Small Wings (Leather), Square Plate (Leather, Metal), Armor Patched Plate (Cloth), Steampunk Electro Gauntlet (Leather), Prong 01 (Leather), Long Boot Fur Lined (Leather), Armor Blaster (Leather, Metal Spartan Sandal left (Metal, Leather)

Misc:

-Travel powers that use Roll Mode (e.g. hyper ball, snowball roll) will no longer make your weapons invisible.
Exocets and VTOL rotors now cloak properly when Holographic Field is used.

-The Questionite store was allowing players to buy multiple copies of Energy Swinging. Fixed.

-Lockbox gear kits now specify that any gear inside will be the level of the character who opens the box.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: [Mega-D Invasion] Release Notes, September 26, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
They forgot to add to misc:

- We're continuing to flush the trading value of Q to Zen farther and farther down the drain.

Q is down nearly 1/3rd in value to what it's been most of the time since I started playing.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »
They forgot to add to misc:

- We're continuing to flush the trading value of Q to Zen farther and farther down the drain.

Q is down nearly 1/3rd in value to what it's been most of the time since I started playing.
buyer's market for goign from zen to Q. Better stock up while prices are low.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
Really? What's the rate? I need to get some Q for Costume pieces and such. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 12:20:22 AM »
Now this is what we need here at Titan/CO. More glass half-full.

Even tho it's at my expense I applaud you guys for pointing out the coolness of a situation in the game.

And Kaos, quit rubbing it in. It's as cheap as it gets. What other answer do you need?!?

: )

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else tend to find with everything going on fighting the Mega-D's that things get kinda too frantic for strategy. You pretty much have to do what your toon does and hope for the best.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else tend to find with everything going on fighting the Mega-D's that things get kinda too frantic for strategy. You pretty much have to do what your toon does and hope for the best.

The strategy is: do dps until/if you die. If you die, run back and do more dps.

(zerg)

>>

Expanded 'strategy':

If you don't have a melee that can survive the aoe I would suggest loading up your best long range toon. This has to be the first (anything) event where Luckshot is my first pick to play.

Don't forget to be trigger happy with Block if you're melee.

Healers seem nearly useless at this event when running solo.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:50:41 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »
That pretty much sums it up yeah.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:06:07 AM »
Don't forget to be trigger happy with Block if you're melee.

Fixed that for you. CO really doesn't like melee for various reasons. Mostly the lack of a proper 'scrapper' passive, you have to pick damage OR survivability. So you can do decent damage but not have the mitigation to survive the pbaoe death most bosses dish out, or you can have the mitigation and do not very much damage. Also, knockback protection doesn't exist so I hope you like getting knocked around as well by the aforementioned pbaoe death.

In a vacuum, melee and ranged in CO do more or less the same damage. But in reality, being melee sucks because every fight has something going on that targets people in melee only and you can't stay there very long because almost every mob in the game spams knockback for no good reason.

I miss my scrappers. And brutes. And stalkers.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
That and I've noticed most Ranged can nuke a group in one shot before I can reach and swing at even ONE target. My gf on a healer can blow up entire mission groups before I can engage, add that to what you mentioned and it makes you wonder what the point is.

Fixed that for you. CO really doesn't like melee for various reasons. Mostly the lack of a proper 'scrapper' passive, you have to pick damage OR survivability. So you can do decent damage but not have the mitigation to survive the pbaoe death most bosses dish out, or you can have the mitigation and do not very much damage. Also, knockback protection doesn't exist so I hope you like getting knocked around as well by the aforementioned pbaoe death.

In a vacuum, melee and ranged in CO do more or less the same damage. But in reality, being melee sucks because every fight has something going on that targets people in melee only and you can't stay there very long because almost every mob in the game spams knockback for no good reason.

I miss my scrappers. And brutes. And stalkers.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 04:53:28 PM »
Str primary will fix some of that KB problem. My Devastator doesn't get knocked down that much that I remember. There is at least 1 device that gives KB protection, too.

There are a few tanks running around that are pretty impressive. They can round up the bad guys and keep their attention while everyone else does their thing. I'd like to have one of these.

I've been pretty happy with my melee. I know better now that I'm adjusting to CO, but when I made my first toon, Unleashed, I thought he was ridiculously OP.

I'd rather play my purpled, incarnated, accolade stat boosted Brutes, too, but I still have a lot to learn about toonbuilding with CO before I can give it too bad a rap.

So far I've always been able to feel at the very least, useful, playing my melee. Sometimes I get to be the star, sometimes not. Kinda like with my Brutes. Depending on the team/league and situation they could either be the star or just a useful cog in the wheel.

In Alerts, I'd say that Lee is a/the star more often than not now that he can tank them and he's just a lowly AT,

Some Faves:

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »
Boy I wish I knew what that device was then, I'm sick and tired of my robot guy getting thrown around just cause I didn't invest in strength (btw my beetle guy did and even at nearly 200% resist to knock back the normal destroid robots at his lvl still punt him around.) it just isn't to his theme.

Str primary will fix some of that KB problem. My Devastator doesn't get knocked down that much that I remember. There is at least 1 device that gives KB protection, too.

There are a few tanks running around that are pretty impressive. They can round up the bad guys and keep their attention while everyone else does their thing. I'd like to have one of these.

I've been pretty happy with my melee. I know better now that I'm adjusting to CO, but when I made my first toon, Unleashed, I thought he was ridiculously OP.

I'd rather play my purpled, incarnated, accolade stat boosted Brutes, too, but I still have a lot to learn about toonbuilding with CO before I can give it too bad a rap.

So far I've always been able to feel at the very least, useful, playing my melee. Sometimes I get to be the star, sometimes not. Kinda like with my Brutes. Depending on the team/league and situation they could either be the star or just a useful cog in the wheel.

In Alerts, I'd say that Lee is a/the star more often than not now that he can tank them and he's just a lowly AT,
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:56 PM »
Event extended until tomorrow morning.
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 01:03:12 AM »
Strength gives knockback resistance, which is not the same as knockback protection. It makes you get knocked back less distance, but unless it was a truly tiny knockback to begin with it won't stop you getting knocked entirely. And distance isn't the problem, the problem is that every time you get knocked you're locked out of all powers for three or four seconds. Which is long enough for most mobs to be using their knockback power again, especially if you're fighting more than one guy. So you end up getting chain knocked to death if you're unlucky.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 01:35:49 AM »
I'm wondering if there is an advantage to having Str as my primary in regards to KB. It seems less effective when it's my secondary but I haven't really put this theory to the test much.

That's why I was thinking to go with Str as my primary SS. Then I can grab Swole from the Strength tree for some hps, too. 

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
Final Scorage Tally!:

Perma Become: Resistance Command Leaderbot
Perma Become: Black Talon Mk II
Perma Backup: Nighthawk
Perma Backup: Witchcraft

Psi-On brought me some luck on getting 2 back two back lewts last nite *cheer*
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 06:04:54 AM »
Melee in CO requires you to be either constitution primary for the knockback resistance so the knocks are not so bad(still annoying), or strength as one of your super stats.  Otherwise your screwed.  This holds true even for telekinesis.  I often regret on some TK toons forgetting to put con first, which is annoying, since it cuts so much into your damage.  As for offensive passives, you NEED to take dodge/avoidence gear, assuming the devs don't over-nerf dodge/avoidence.  Without dodge/avoidence with an offensive passive your to fragile to even do much with that passive in anything where the mobs can survive your attacks.

Also take a lunge power or you will forever suck.  And acrobatics or a variant for the same reason, you need to be far faster and more mobile then ranged....sadly they can be just as fast with acrobatics.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
And equally sadly, power levels in CO are such that they can kill a whole spawn before you can run the extra 100 ft to get to melee range.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:52 PM »
Hang on, is this thing over?  Geez, my timing is terrible.  I was hoping to snag one of those perma-summon devices.  Even with a duration of only 15 seconds, it's still better than the summon my Silver character has ATM (which is to say, None And No Way To Get One, unless it's one of those that can only be used twice and then it's gone so I always feel like I have to save it instead of just being able to use it when I want).

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »
lol, glad I could be of help :D

Final Scorage Tally!:

Perma Become: Resistance Command Leaderbot
Perma Become: Black Talon Mk II
Perma Backup: Nighthawk
Perma Backup: Witchcraft

Psi-On brought me some luck on getting 2 back two back lewts last nite *cheer*