Author Topic: FC.31.20130824.10 PTS Update  (Read 2168 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
FC.31.20130824.10 PTS Update
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »
Source

Quote from: lordgar
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 5:30pm PST, 9/27/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive, and also contains some preview changes for your feedback.

Release Notes:

Preview (these will not be part of the next live build - use this thread to discuss them):

• The diminishing returns curves on Avoid, Dodge, Critical Chance, Severity, and Offense have all been adjusted. Additionally Offense now scales in a separate layer of damage bonus to make it more straight forward to understand. Avoid, Dodge, Critical Chance, and Severity will now rise significantly more slowly while at level cap. Offense will now scale with an entirely new curve, and should be much more valuable to players overall. This is an experimental potential future change that will not be part of the bug fix release. We are interested in how these adjustments feel at at all levels of gameplay.
  • The "Leg Length" slider now allows for slightly shorter legs.
  • The Debugger has an upcoming set of gear (Justice Gear) for your testing and feedback.

Powers/Items:

• Powerhouse: Added three regenerating supervillain dummies to the powerhouse. They are level 40/skull, and have distinct names.
  • Power Armor: Unbreakable: Unbreakable now properly lasts its whole duration, even when it takes more damage than the shield can withstand. It is otherwise unchanged.
  • The following powers should now properly proc Manipulator. - Bite w/ Furor Venenum (stun) - Brute Strike (stun) - Bullet Beatdown (root/stun) - Cave In (stun) - Condemn w/ Redemption Denied advantage (stun) - Crashing Wave Kick (stun) - Dragon Kick (stun) - Devour Essence w/ Phlebotomist (root) - Ego Blade Frenzy w/ Unnerving Rage (root) - Experimental Blaster (stun) - Fault Line w/ Compound Fracture advantage (root) - Gas Arrow w/ Noxious Fumes advantage (stun) - Hex of Suffering w/ Rune of Lethargy advantage (root) - Ice Burst w/ Freeze Dirtbag advantage (paralyze) - Inexorable Tides w/ Instep Crush advantage (root) - Psychic Vortex w/ Single Minded advantage (stun) <- Possibly due to being considered a pet - Rebuke w/ Admonish advantage (stun) - Skarn's Bane w/ Warlock's Malice advantage (root) - Sonic Arrow (stun) - Sonic Device (stun) - Storm's Harvest (root) - Storm of Arrows w/ Achilles' Heel advantage (root) - Taser Arrow (paralyze) - Telekinetic Maelstrom (stun) - Thunderbolt Lunge (root) w/ Essence Assault advantage (stun) - Thunderstrike w/ Ionic Compression advantage (root) - Vengeance w/ Redemption Denied advantage (stun) - Venomous Breath w/ Paralytic Bile (stun)

Costumes:

• Added tail & wing size sliders to the tailor. The UI has been resized slightly to accomodate this, and the "hide and remove unwanted costume parts" checkbox has been moved into the button bar. Please let us know if you notice anything strange due to this UI change.
  • Sci-Fi Goggles can now be worn with Bubble helmets.
  • The following costumes now mirror properly, allowing you to select "both" in the tailor: Bone Spikes (male), Ball Hand (male), Steampunk Smokestack (female), Beast Greaves, Takofanes Bracer,Gadroon Shield Bracer, Dragon Armor Bracers, Bird People Arm Accessory (female), Feathers Tribal arm accessory (female), Spikes arm accessory (male), Straps arm accessory (female)
  • The following paired costume items were showing as "???" in the tailor when selected under both. Fixed. Straps Thin arm accessory (male), Armor Superconductor boots (female), Alien Claw boots (female), Spike Jagged shoulders (female), Armor Nephilim bracer (female)
  • Sclaes Layered (female) has been renamed to "Scaled Layered".

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Spess

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: FC.31.20130824.10 PTS Update
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
Quote from: radioscience
Please stay on topic in this PTS thread.  We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it.  Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.

We are opening a discussion & testing thread for the preview changes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:23:13 PM by Brou »
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »
My nerf radar was already activated with the last patch. It seems to be powering up to full.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 12:43:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure the new dodge curve is actually properly broken. Everything else is slight changes, but dodge got nerfed into the ground to the point that even Lightning Reflexes gives maybe 10% dodge if you're lucky. And that's supposed to be a defensive passive so that can't be entirely intended.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure the new dodge curve is actually properly broken. Everything else is slight changes, but dodge got nerfed into the ground to the point that even Lightning Reflexes gives maybe 10% dodge if you're lucky. And that's supposed to be a defensive passive so that can't be entirely intended.

It is a mistake. The passives that grant dodge and avoidance rating are to change next build, potentially to give direct chance instead.
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 01:40:06 AM »
Do you have a source for that?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 05:45:38 AM »
I seriously hope it is an accidental nerf.  I could agree with a slight nerf but NOT making dodge/avoidence useless.  It feels like the turds who made me LEAVE corp are getting their way with this; they WANTED dodge/avoidence to be nerfed so the holy trinity could be forced on everyone, I HATE that idea with a passion.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
I'm hoping they just misplaced a decimal point somewhere or some such, as well. I'd like to see it become like the new curve for crit rating which is actually pretty good in that it's actually easier to get decent crit at the low end, but harder at the high end. So getting up around 25-30% is easy but getting 40% takes significantly more than it did.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »
It's a stealth Unleashed Nerf! Noooooooooo!

Lee is all about dodge. We can leave dodge alone plz. Or boost it maybe,,,>
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>