Author Topic: FC.31.20130824.17 PTS Update  (Read 2515 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
FC.31.20130824.17 PTS Update
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:40:55 AM »
Source

Quote from: lordgar;3605441
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6pm PST, 10/1/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive. It doesn't have any updates to the diminishing returns curve changes from our last PTS build, however we will be making adjustments in a future build. Please continue to discuss those changes in the Preview Changes thread and use this one to discuss any new bugs you discover in FC.31.20130824.11.

Release Notes:

Missions:

• There And Bat Again (UNITY version): Foxbat will now let you turn in the mission when you're done.

Alerts:
[INDENT]Rewards:[/INDENT]
  • Grab Alerts now reward XP and an XP buff
  • Smash Alerts now reward Resources and a Resources buff
  • Grab's XP award is slightly lower than the former Smash award at low levels, but the XP buff has been increased from 15% to 20%
[INDENT]Availability:[/INDENT]
  • The topmost Alert is a randomly selected Grab (XP), available to characters level 10+
  • The second Alert is a randomly selected Burst (Mods), available to characters level 15+
  • The third Alert is a randomly selected Smash (Resources), available to characters level 20+
  • Custom Alerts now have a minimum level of 20+

Costumes:

• We have added costume scale sliders for insect and butterfly wings. The sliders area is now scrollable.

Misc:

• Alerts featuring Hrodgeir the Unending were missing an image from their information UI. Fixed.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread.  We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it.  Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:19:33 AM by Brou »
Spess

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: FC.31.20130824.11 PTS Update
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:46:55 AM »
If it keeps level 6s out of alerts that they only cause a ton of losses in for those of us with toons who can fight, I'm all for the alert changes.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:11:11 AM »
From what it says there, smash alerts are now limited to level 20+. And they're the ones that fail, so. But they're no longer the ones that give xp.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the CO devs lately, it's like they're actually listening to players. Swapping grab and smash rewards and making the available alerts always one of each type rather than three random ones are both things many people have suggested since On Alert came out.

Also liking the wing sliders. I might finally be able to make female characters with wings attached to their backs instead of their shoulders!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
Interesting  : )

The majority of my play is in Alerts. Insta team at the push of a button as I wade through the Dailies when they pile up.

That's 1 major ingredient that Alerts have going for them - people. People wanting some action & reward and pushing a button to see what happens. Soup up those buttons and that could really be something.

Everyone says no one wants to team in CO but many do it every day. Not entirely *our* fault it isn't a real sophisticated teaming at this point.. We're doing our part! *click*

Serious tho, how hard can it be to get a team full of people if you don't have an active friend's list or SG? You can usually do it in seconds with a click in Alerts. Make the Alerts more sophisticated and maybe the teams will be, too.

Maybe CoH is a good example here with the new way they started handling Task Forces, and, the Incarnate Trials were fairly sophisticated 'Alerts'.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: FC.31.20130824.11/12 PTS Update
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 04:54:13 AM »
Source

Quote from: lordgar;3608981
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6pm PST, 10/2/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive. It also contains updates to the preview dodge changes that you saw in FC.31.20130824.10.

Release Notes:

Preview (these will not be part of the next live build):

• Field Surge: This power is no longer damaged when you try to break free from holds.
  • Personal Force Field: This power is no longer damaged when you try to break free from holds.
  • Lightning Reflexes: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 30/40/50% more chance to dodge.
  • Night Warrior: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 10/15/20% more chance to dodge.
  • Way of the Warrior: This power no longer grants Dodge Rating. This power now grants 15/20/25% more chance to dodge.
  • *NEW POWER* Fluidity: This power is a block replacer. While active it increases your Dodge Chance and grants Avoidance Rating.
  • *NEW ADVANTAGE* Flow like the River: If Fluidity is maintained for at least 2 seconds, its bonuses will decay over 10 seconds once you stop maintaining it. 3 Points.
  • Quarry: This power now grants 10% base dodge and +5% base Avoidance per stack (down from 15% and 7.5% respectively). Additionally, the maximum bonus per stack of this power has been reduced to 20 per stack (down from 30).
  • Targeting Computer: The Crit Chance and Severity bonus of this power now ranks up when the power does. 5/7.5/10% Crit Chance and 10/12.5/15% Critical Severity while locked on.

Costumes:

• Female characters now have access to a second Beast Leg variant. This variant was previously restricted to NPCs.

Other:

• Unity HQ: Fixed a hole in the ceiling of the teleporter room.

Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread.  We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it.  Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Spess

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »
Well now there definitely cant be any more blaming low levels for failed alerts. Still curious of where the blame will go now for failed alerts.

Teaming- that is up to the players. There is no system in CO that prevents teaming. Just like in COX, one can form a team to do missions, lairs, alerts, well just about anything. On the flip side, teaming is really not forced in many cases and thus allows people to pick their play style nearly unhindered. Apparently many people actually like to solo.

Sometimes, not having to deal with other's playstyle, especially ones that are not compatible is more enjoyable than 5 different people with 5 different ways of playing and gripes. One say we are killing stuff too fast another we are killing to slow, another say there is not enough AOES, one say too much AOEs. Some want to do this mish, others want to do that mish, one hates Lemeria another loves it, one wants to go to Monster Island, some need help with Megaterak, another already di Megaterak thousand times. Sometimes it's a hassle that sucks the fun out of playing. On the other hand get a good team, it's very enjoyable.   

Me personally I like having that choice. When a game feels that it must force teaming and lock content missions out for teams, then it usually mean they are not confident that many players actually want to play that way but want to give false appearance of everyone teaming.

In CO, it's mostly allows natural playstyle. There are many people that team. Usually at least once an hour at the least on a slow day in times of the day like now, in the early morning there is someone running a Nem con, Lemuria lair, a few Thek. lair, people forming alert team, people looking for team (lot in zone chat but it do sometimes get buried by the WTS/WTB postings.) and even just random mission teams.

Alerts can be more social if players want it to be. the timed ones, yeah they don't leave much time for chatter. But the others, with no time limit, there is nothing that is stopping socialization besides the player themselves. If no one is talking ,speak. Many times team play silent, then one person go on the chat channels talking about how no one speaks and stuff when they didn't make a single effort one single bit to start any sort of conversation with anyone themselves. It's like everyone is standing on the wall wanting someone else to get the party started but refuse to do so themselves.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
I'm into teaming less for socializing and more for being in a team, these days. It wasn't always like this. I used to be closer to the opposite end of the spectrum (although trying to be uber and putting together the nastiest teams with people I counted on most was usually closer to the primary goal) so I understand it and respect it but I'm not in it, these days.

These days, I'm not looking to chat someone up or anything like this, I just wanna play with other people sometimes. Have some different dynamics going. I'm usually one of those people in the team that doesn't say a word, too, but I still like teaming and trying to be a good teammate sometimes.

Alerts cater to social anti-socials like me perfectly. There just isn't a lot to them atm.

Plus, Alerts are good for teaming if you just don't have the time or will to put together and maintain a team and would rather just *click*, do your team thing, then go back to your regularly scheduled program.

I like solo content and I don't like being forced to raid/team for the ultimate goodies, either. That is a whole other topic but it does relate to the idea of expanding Alerts and what can happen to alienate/peeve some people. I can't solo everything in the game at this point already, btw.

As far as getting annoying players in your team - Make the Alerts more sophisticated and maybe the teams will be, too. Alert teams are also the simplest to...leave when done.

I liked the system we had in CoH but it was still growing in sophistication too.

Btw

I dunno enough about builds yet (& haven't been online much lately) to know if we're getting nerfed or not but I'm relieved to see they didn't go after Lee! He even got a sort of boost. Unleashed is good but it's not wildly/godly good as some people say and it's definitely not needing a nerf bat. Unleashed was just decently put together - with not a lot of fat for those who have the Unleashed playstyle.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:23:30 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 03:11:22 PM »
I'm into teaming less for socializing and more for being in a team, these days. It wasn't always like this. I used to be closer to the opposite end of the spectrum (although trying to be uber and putting together the nastiest teams with people I counted on most was usually closer to the primary goal) so I understand it and respect it but I'm not in it, these days.

These days, I'm not looking to chat someone up or anything like this, I just wanna play with other people sometimes. Have some different dynamics going. I'm usually one of those people in the team that doesn't say a word, too, but I still like teaming and trying to be a good teammate sometimes.

Alerts cater to social anti-socials like me perfectly. There just isn't a lot to them atm.

Plus, Alerts are good for teaming if you just don't have the time or will to put together and maintain a team and would rather just *click*, do your team thing, then go back to your regularly scheduled program.

I like solo content and I don't like being forced to raid/team for the ultimate goodies, either. That is a whole other topic but it does relate to the idea of expanding Alerts and what can happen to alienate/peeve some people. I can't solo everything in the game at this point already, btw.

As far as getting annoying players in your team - Make the Alerts more sophisticated and maybe the teams will be, too. Alert teams are also the simplest to...leave when done.

I liked the system we had in CoH but it was still growing in sophistication too.

yeah sometimes the best teams I been on, are the ones that dont say a word. Get in do the business get out and be done. No sappy stuff and of course no worry about someone with an over bearing opinion that there is only one way to build a toon and play, their way and any other way sucks. So many of those people like that I ran into in COX. In a team of 8 it seemed guaranteed to get at least one person that goes on and on about how he is expert and everyone is a noob and know what every build players should have and if they build the way they think it should be built then it's gimped and the builder of said toon is a noob.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 03:27:08 PM »
lol you're making me think of my "no heals list" Warlord Alert healer.

He wanted things done his way or he wasn't going to help. And he didn't.

He was sure quick enough to suck up the reward when we won tho.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »
Source

Quote from: lordgar
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 5pm PST, 10/4/2013

Greetings!

This patch continues our bug-fix drive. It also contains updates to the preview dodge changes that you saw in FC.31.20130824.10 and .12.

Release Notes:

Preview (these will not be part of the next live build):

• Crashing Wave Kick: Ebb and Flow: This advantage now grants 1% Dodge per stack.
  • Evasive Maneuvers: The base bonus of this power is now 15/18/22% chance to Dodge (down from 17/20/24%).
  • Evasive Maneuvers: The Cooldown of this power is now 18 seconds (up from 15).
  • Parry: Elusive Monk: This power now grants 4% flat dodge. This effect scales with Dex.
  • Way of the Warrior: Ranks 2 and 3 of this power now have the correct dodge bonus.
  • Masterful Dodge: Unfettered Strikes: The damage bonus of this advantage now occurs in a different damage layer. It should be much more potent.
  • Dodge: Dodge Rating now scales slightly better.
  • Mods now give their correct stat values when slotted into Justice gear.

Misc:

• Fixed an issue that caused a "-1" to remain on your device tray if you removed a device while it was recharging.

Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Spess

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: FC.31.20130824.16 PTS Update
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 02:10:36 AM »
Source

This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 5:45pm PST, 10/11/2013

Greetings!

The the following build contains some fixes to bugs that arose from our Alert changes, as well as some other miscellaneous fixes.

Release Notes:

Preview:

• Older single-purpose mods also now give their correct stat values when slotted into Justice gear.
  • The Debugger store now has the upcoming lockbox and cosmic keys in his store.
  • The Debugger store now includes a selection of mods to make testing easier.

Alerts:

• The XP, Resources, and Mod boosts are now part of the reward drop at the end of an Alert, instead of being applied invisibly. This will resolve some cases where the boosts were not triggering correctly.
  • The XP buff from GRAB alerts is back at 15%.
  • Bank Heist GRAB alerts were incorrectly giving resources instead of XP. Fixed.

UI:

• The game manual UI has been updated for the new alerts structure.
  • The Missions & Queue windows were broken due to the new alert structure. Fixed.
  • Male leg length now scales down more to match female leg length scaling.

Items:

• Legion's gear and Mercenary's gear items now list their slots in the item descriptions.
  • Primus Recognition vendors now offer Enhancement, Armoring, and Core mods instead of Offense, Defense, and Utility Mods.

Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Spess

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: FC.31.20130824.17 PTS Update
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 05:19:01 AM »
Source

This build is scheduled to hit PTS this evening, 10/15/2013

Greetings!

The the following build contains some bug fixes, as well as some new preview changes.

Release Notes:

Preview:

• Takofanes II Lockbox: Lockbox contents and drop rates have changed. Known Issue: The Demonwing currently looks like a Hawkwing Razor Assault Ship. This will change.
  • Takofanes II Lockbox: The Lordly Takofanes Action Figure is no longer Equip on Pickup
  • Cyber Ninja Be Critter: This Be Critter's Passive now functions correctly again.
  • Targeting Computer: This power has had its descriptions fixed to reflect the correct ranks of the power. This was only a description change.
  • *Returning Power* Earth Form: Earth Form has returned to the Brick tree! It can be found under the Earth tab. Below is a description of this passive:
[INDENT]
  • Slotted Passive
  • Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot.
  • Increases all of your Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage. This increase scales with your Super Stats.
  • Increases your resistance to all Physical (Crushing, Slashing, Piercing) damage and greatly increases your resistance to Crushing Damage. These resistances scale with your Super Stats.
  • Generates a small amount of energy when you are struck with Crushing attacks.
  • Reduces the movement speed of nearby foes based on how close to you they are.
  • Counts as an Energy Form.
[/INDENT]
Items:

• Removed Mercenary's Gloves of Topography from the Questionite store.
  • Become Frank device: Frank's Unstoppable passive wasn't getting scaling from his stats. Fixed!

Costumes:

• The following costume options now unlock on account (this will only affect unlocks that happen from now onward): Demon Gloves (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Hips (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Collar (Arcane Demon Pattern) , Lemurian Spiked Tail, Lemurian Spikes Huge, Fire Demon Horns Tall, Demon Necklace Spikes Thick (Bracers), Fire Demon Horns
  • Male vampire hood heads now use the correct eyes.
  • The following costume pieces now bounce again: Floating Brain, Droopy Antenna, Dual Droopy Antenna

Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Spess

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
Re: FC.31.20130824.17 PTS Update
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
they forgot the fire demon head <_<
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)