Author Topic: Do we have a plan for if....  (Read 14217 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Do we have a plan for if....
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 11:53:20 PM »

Makes me wonder if someone could have gone to Chrysler back in 2008 and offered to buy the AMC brand, tho. ;D
Great possibility. It's still possible to this day if you ask Fiat now I think.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 01:26:39 AM »
Maybe. It would probably take more, now, though. They were really hurting for cash 5 years ago. Without Jeep attached, I could probably get away with a "Pick 4" lottery ticket. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 02:20:09 AM »
Not sure I'd buy them.  Every company that has owned Jeep has gone down the tubes.  Kaiser, AMC and now Chrysler.  Guess Fiat is next.  Scary really since Fiat Co owns Ferrari with the Italian gov't (which also partly owns Fiat).  All that's left of Kaiser is their insurance arm.  Of course, Jeep survives just fine  :)

Then again Feruccio might like that if the story about his wife's Ferrari is correct.
No Surrender!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 03:52:27 AM »
Not sure I'd buy them.  Every company that has owned Jeep has gone down the tubes.  Kaiser, AMC and now Chrysler.  Guess Fiat is next.  Scary really since Fiat Co owns Ferrari with the Italian gov't (which also partly owns Fiat).  All that's left of Kaiser is their insurance arm.  Of course, Jeep survives just fine  :)

Then again Feruccio might like that if the story about his wife's Ferrari is correct.

You know, I just thought about that and realize, it's true. Every company that ended up with Jeep since it's creation ended up not doing so hot.

But I think Fiat will be ok. They over all build a variety of cars from gas sippers that never touched American Soil, to executive sedans like Maserati, to various other shares of stuff, to the legendary Ferrari. If anything they probably simply drop Chrysler like a bad habit like that famous three point star German company did.

But the SUV craze is over as gas prices will continue to rise, and SUVs never sold well in Europe and most people in Europe that can afford to gas up a SUV, usually go for the smaller Euro types or Range Rover line.

But Jeep is planning on building a Jeep that rivals Escalade in luxury appointments and bringing back the Grand Wagoneer name plate. Will people spend 70,000-85,000 on a Jeep?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
People pay that for a Range Rover, or more for a Land Rover, because it has (or at least had) iconic styling and was decently comfortable. Of course, it's the original "Chelsea Tractor," but that's at least an area where the four wheel drive will get used. In the Des Moines, Iowa area, Hummers were surprisingly common, and they rarely got dirty, let alone went off road. There is still a class of person who is going to buy something because they want it and can afford it, and they don't care what other people think.

I was really hoping I could figure out a way to bring that back on topic, but I kinda wrote myself too far afield. We are somewhat like that, though, given the current state of the Kickstarter. Not that we are all rolling in pile of money, but we are passionate about our favorite toy, and we don't care what people think. That's why we'll do anything to bring it back.

(That wasn't as clumsy as a blind man in a hoarder's house or anything...)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
People pay that for a Range Rover, or more for a Land Rover, because it has (or at least had) iconic styling and was decently comfortable. Of course, it's the original "Chelsea Tractor," but that's at least an area where the four wheel drive will get used. In the Des Moines, Iowa area, Hummers were surprisingly common, and they rarely got dirty, let alone went off road. There is still a class of person who is going to buy something because they want it and can afford it, and they don't care what other people think.

I was really hoping I could figure out a way to bring that back on topic, but I kinda wrote myself too far afield. We are somewhat like that, though, given the current state of the Kickstarter. Not that we are all rolling in pile of money, but we are passionate about our favorite toy, and we don't care what people think. That's why we'll do anything to bring it back.

(That wasn't as clumsy as a blind man in a hoarder's house or anything...)

Of course cant worry about what other's think...unless the stated purpose is to take into consideration of what people think. But either way even if a Hummer driver don't care what other's think doesn't mean is going to go to the next Tree Hugger convention and do doughnuts in the parking lot all day to bring attention to himself. Then that in it self shows that they actually care about what others think and want them to be shocked. If they truly didn't care, they wouldn't go out of their way at all. Like some say they don't care about NCSOFT but out the other side of their mouth they want to build private server to "shove it in their face and revenge". And like the HUmmer driver who probably increase his chances of someone calling the police acting a fool and chances of going to jail, when it gets to the point where it's all about being vindictive and hatred, it usually doesn't end well for the person trying to get back which end up in a back fire and more hate and vindictive until that is all they can think about.

If someone want a "version of the game"  build it and as long as it's kept quiet and not purposely trying to mock the owner "Ha ha see we have your property, we stole it. Ha ha.", the owner probably wont even notice. But mock them and try to rub their face in it, then in a way they have no choice. They must show people cant get away publically with it, and now they have red handed They knew they was stealing and did it anyways." which irks most judges when someone do something even iffy and think the laws do not apply to them and poke fun at the victim. Like two people steal an object out of a house. One steals disappears the other steals and keep calling the victim teasing them about how easy it was to steal, and they did it because they can, and dare them to do something. Both thieves get caught. Which on probably will get the harsher sentence? The first on might even get off with probation. The other one probably will get the book thrown at them.