Author Topic: Arrow Season 2  (Read 13040 times)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Arrow Season 2
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:34:14 AM »
Starts tomorrow. Been waiting impatiently for this for 5 frikken months! ;D

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Arrow Season 2
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:11:13 AM »
Title of first episode:

City of Heroes

:'(
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »
I am looking forward to it too.  I watched the series during the summer reruns so I have only been waiting 2 weeks.  I went ahead and bought the first season on DVD.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »
Never skipped a beat. Although, I would've preferred it (from a geek standpoint) if Queen Consolidated's savior had the name "Wayne". He's got connections all over the place, and I'm sure the Waynes and the Queens have crossed paths at some point.

On another note, I hope this show is the one to break Summer Glau's curse. I'd hate to lose this one too.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
I really liked the season premiere.  The story continued on and it made sense.  I would switch channels during the commercial breaks and it did make me sad to see "City of Heroes" as the title of the episode.  I sure do miss the game.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »
I do hope his costume eventually gets an upgrade from green hooded jacket and eye makeup, though. Maybe something like his New 52 look. Would certainly help him separate his heroic Green Arrow identity from the vigilante "Hood".

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
Good but felt too busy.  Too many different plot threads.  Still they did it well so I suppose it worked out well enough but by the time the episode was over I felt like I had been sprinting my way through the city.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 01:02:24 AM »
"He has another shoulder."  ;D

Quite an interesting reveal at the end there. Everything's starting to come together. I just wish for once they'd learn how to pronounce "Ra's".

I also keep noticing "52" references. Wonder if that's just something to get the geeks excited, or that's supposed to lead in to something bigger later on.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:21:23 AM by Night-Hawk07 »

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »
Loving season 2 so far. We've already gotten an "Arrow-cave" upgrade, he's changed his name from The Hood to The Arrow and he got a new compound bow, all moves closer to the comics. I agree about the mask, and I think that was hinted at when he met Black Canary, "Nice mask." Next upgrade, maybe this season or season 3 may well be a new costume.

So far we've got all that, a kick-ass Black Canary on the scene, a mention of Ra's AND Barry West coming to Starling City soon, woot!

Arnabas

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »
I missed basically all of season one, so I am not watching season 2 until I can catch up, but I am aware of some of the stuff happening and other things coming up.

I read a few interviews with the cast and crew and they were very insistent that this was going to be a "realistic" take on the DC universe and any other characters showing up would be viewed from that perspective. When I heard Black Canary was on, I asked a friend who is watching the show how they handled her abilities and he said she uses technology instead of any metahuman ability. So I am wondering how they are going to introduce the Flash. Is he going to be just some guy, perhaps using some kind of steroid that makes him run at maximum human speed?

I don't understand why DC's live-action projects seem almost ashamed of their comic book origins. They are obsessed with making everything "real-world" conceivable.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 05:41:14 AM »
I would guess Barry might be using some kind of exoskeleton suit with hydraulics, servos, and other fancy tech to make him run faster. Although, with the mention of Ra's and knowing Canary's identity, I'm wondering how they plan to make raising the dead "realistic".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:26:24 AM by Night-Hawk07 »

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »
I missed basically all of season one, so I am not watching season 2 until I can catch up, but I am aware of some of the stuff happening and other things coming up.

I read a few interviews with the cast and crew and they were very insistent that this was going to be a "realistic" take on the DC universe and any other characters showing up would be viewed from that perspective. When I heard Black Canary was on, I asked a friend who is watching the show how they handled her abilities and he said she uses technology instead of any metahuman ability. So I am wondering how they are going to introduce the Flash. Is he going to be just some guy, perhaps using some kind of steroid that makes him run at maximum human speed?

I don't understand why DC's live-action projects seem almost ashamed of their comic book origins. They are obsessed with making everything "real-world" conceivable.

This seems to have changed with the success of Man of Steel and possibly the announcement of Agents of SHIELD.

Season 1, especially the first half, was dominated by this "make Green Arrow more like Batman, darker, more realistic, GRIT GRIT GRIT." It even heavily copied the Batman Begins soundtrack and had a very Nolan-esque tone, quite frankly it got boring fast. Towards the end of the season it started to feel more comic-bookish and Season 2 has definitely hit the ground running with the idea of a bigger DC universe to explore. The Flash, according to producers, is going to be THE Flash from the comics, Barry West, forensic scientist, some sort of accident turns him into the Flash, full on scarlet speedster with the red costume and everything. They've also name dropped Ra's Al Ghul and the Birds of Prey and Hal Jordan are rumored to be featured in the future.

I don't mind grounded, but season 1 of Arrow showed what happens when you go TOO grounded, the characters lose what define them and it's really bland. By what I meant above, Man of Steel's success finally laid the groundwork for the DCU in movies and the announcement and hype around Agents of SHIELD probably prompted DC/WB to consider what they have with Arrow. Let Arrow be DC's Agents of SHIELD, connect the movie and TV universes. This isn't confirmed by any stretch, for all I know they'll keep Arrow/Flash and the movies separate, but I think they have a fantastic opportunity to build Green Arrow and Flash on TV, then bring them into a Justice League movie with no needed introduction, save that for the characters that need it.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »
Speaking of Birds of Prey nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room?  BC lair is a clock tower.  As for the unevenness of season 1 I rather think it played out naturally.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1st half it was all about the names in the book and not what their significance meant.  Why did dear old Daddy have a book containing a list of powerful corrupt or criminally involved people?  Why did he feel so guilty?.  Why is Mommy talking to the man (Merlyn senior) about Oliver's kidnapping episode 1?  It set the flavor and formula for how the episodes play out as well as establish all the players.

2nd half was when Oliver learned about "The Undertaking" but not what it is.  Discovered Mommy's involvement and raced to stop it from happening.  And great fake out with the 2nd earthquake machine.

So this season we have "Paragon City".  Large area of the city devastated with the criminal element pouring in to take advantage of an undermanned police force.  Therefore "City of Heroes", where individuals are stepping up trying to fill the gap.  Yes I think Flash will be the first science origin hero.  However I don't think they are going to form a League.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 12:03:45 AM »
So far we've got all that, a kick-ass Black Canary on the scene, a mention of Ra's AND Barry West coming to Starling City soon, woot!

I'm only half way through season one so haven't seen anything from season two yet.  But they're calling him Barry West?!?!   Why does the WB/DC make so many unneeded changes to their characters?
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »
Pretty sure it's Barry Allen and not an amalgam of Flashes.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/16/arrow/

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

Can't find it now, but I was probably just mistaken, could have sworn I read someone refer to Arrow's Flash as that however.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »

Well thank goodness for that . :) they'very essentially cut off Black Canary from being called Dinah Lance (unless they say that Laurel has has some random cousin). I get making changes to characters when moving to a new medium, but DC/WB have this odd tendency to make random unneeded changes (like names).  As someone mentioned earlier, its like they're ashamed of their characters and don't think that the things that have kept the characters around for decades are worth bringing into the spotloght
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »
Hope is not lost that Laura takes up the mantle once the current BC falls.  And wasn't River Song Dinah?

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 01:01:00 AM »
Something tells me they at least kept it in the family. Between the flashback scenes of the League of Assassins being on the island, and that ninja name-dropping Ra's al Ghul, I'm betting Canary is Sara Lance (actually, the Arrow Wiki spoils it right here). Like I said before, though, I'm curious how they handle her resurrection if they're trying to go the ultra-realistic route. Maybe she never died, Oliver just assumed she did cause he never saw her get out. Guess we'll find out tomorrow based on the pictures the Arrow Facebook and Twitter accounts put out today.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 05:31:35 AM »
And now we have Professor Ivo who appears to be working with the League. Hmm....

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:35 AM »
With this Flash series, I hope they pay more attention to what things should, and should not, be sped up along with Barry than did the John Wesley Shipp series. In a couple of nighttime running-through-the-streets scenes, you could see a car's taillights about a block ahead of the camera - and staying there. Cars should be parked in a traffic-flow pattern for such filming; since he passes them like they're standing still (literally), they should be standing still. Also, there's a scene where he's waiting in a hospital for word on Tina's condition, and he starts buying and eating candy bars from a machine. The machine is dispensing the candy at the same speed that he's moving at; he should be having to wait for it to cycle at its normal speed.

Don't get me wrong: that series' effects were a great effort for the time, but they need to put more thought into details like those above.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
So, how about last night's episode?  I sure did not see that coming.  But what from I read online, others did.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
So, how about last night's episode?  I sure did not see that coming.  But what from I read online, others did.

Well, it is based on a comic book, and as we all know, the only people that ever stay dead in comics are Uncle Ben, and Thomas and Martha Wayne.  :P

Trying to figure out what's up with Brother Blood's mask. He looks more like a member of Slipknot rather than a main bad guy. Actually, when they first introduced that character (as the mayor) I thought he was supposed to be a nod to Jason Blood. But than again, with Arrow seemingly being done as realistically as possible, I guess a rhyming demon doesn't make a lot of sense.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
Also, Captain Jack never dies....

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 03:04:31 AM »
Also, Captain Jack never dies....

He dies all the time... he just doesn't stay dead.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »
Yes, you are correct about that. 

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »
I can't always be wrong! :p

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »
Five minutes into the episode introducing Barry Allen, and already I can't stand listening to him. He has the teens' annoying tendency of intoning too many sentences, and even parts of sentences, as questions.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Actually I like how they've already laid down a nemesis for him, his mom's killer, as well as his cover.  He's always late, always misses the taxi, bus, train, etc.  Isn't good on his feet, can't dance, etc.  Who would suspect him in Central City.

Lot's of name dropping and little call outs in that episode.  Kord Enterprises centrifuge.  Cyrus Gold aka Solomon Grundy as Blood's first "success".  Moria getting in contact with Ra's Al Ghul and the League.  Barry on the chemical rack during a lightning storm.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 07:52:52 PM »
Barry on the chemical rack during a lightning storm.
That got a laugh out of me.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »
The odd thing for me at least is that including super beings in the show just feels wrong.  I never thought I would feel that way but it just takes me out of the show.  I would definitely not mind things like people with increased reflexes and perhaps 5 times human strength.  But the muscle density equal to concrete and the super speed ability of Flash just take me out of that particular world.  I will happily give the Flash series a try though he is not Barry Allen.  At best he is Wally West.

I love other series with super being (at least when they are done well) but they just feel out of place in series which have had a couple of seasons of being grounded in a fairly normal humans based world.  It's the same reason I've stopped watching Revolution.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 03:02:03 AM »
The odd thing for me at least is that including super beings in the show just feels wrong.  I never thought I would feel that way but it just takes me out of the show.  I would definitely not mind things like people with increased reflexes and perhaps 5 times human strength.  But the muscle density equal to concrete and the super speed ability of Flash just take me out of that particular world.  I will happily give the Flash series a try though he is not Barry Allen.  At best he is Wally West.

I love other series with super being (at least when they are done well) but they just feel out of place in series which have had a couple of seasons of being grounded in a fairly normal humans based world.  It's the same reason I've stopped watching Revolution.

I don't have a problem with metahumans in Arrow.  Especially if it was caused by chemical, biological or other scientific methods (say experimental gene therapy).  Just as long as they have a Flash costume that doesn't look like this air brushed job from 1990.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »
I don't think they will.  The costume department seems to be really good.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
I don't think they will.  The costume department seems to be really good.

And getting better. Judging by the previews for this coming Wednesday, they finally have the ability to give Ollie an actual domino mask instead of just eye makeup. ;D

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
So for some reason I hadn't watched any of this until a few episodes ago. It's really good! And the wiki is complete enough that I was able to catch up super fast.

Edit: SPOILER BELOW

I was kind of surprised by the death of Vertigo. I was not as familiar with GA's enemies in the comics, and after looking him up, it seems like he's a pretty major Green Arrow antagonist - not the sort to kill off.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:50:13 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
Well Ollie "spared" him twice.  Well that's putting it nicely the first time since Ollie gave the good Count an OD of Vertigo which should have killed him.  Second time the Count really wasn't to blame so he was spared again.  But threaten a friend or loved one, three arrows to the chest plus a multistory swan dive.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »
Eh, he'll be back.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
It does sort of seem, based on the wiki and the episode I saw, that he was a bit of a one trick pony. Maybe his (assumed) resurrection will give him super powers.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »
... and Barry gets zapped.  Didn't expect that to happen so soon.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »
Just read that they're going to be bringing in Robert Knepper as the Clock King (S2E14). I'm hoping they go more with BTAS Clock King and less BatB Clock King.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oliver gets his mask, and, after teasing us with the possibility of a particle-accelerator origin, they go with the canon, Barry Allen origin (more or less; I think the PA-explosion wave might have contributed).

There were tears in this traditionalist's eyes. If I were built for it, I would have been happy-dancing. Can't wait for the next episodes, and I have high hope for the Flash series, if the same people are behind it.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the names Oliver (Queen) and Laurel (Lance) seem to form a sort of homage to (Stan) Laurel and Oliver (Hardy), the great comedy-film duo? Or am I just too old?

(edited to, finally, add the spoiler tag.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:22:34 AM by Super Firebug »

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 07:13:21 PM »
Too old, methinks. Laurel is a name borrowed from the comics, but that version of Black Canary didn't appear until the '80s in the comic books, according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Canary And Laurel was her middle name. So I think it'd be a pretty convoluted tribute, no matter if it was intended in the comics or the series.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »
SPOILER ALERT - THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.

Spoiler tags are enabled on this forum. :)

More after the tag!

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think the PA-explosion wave might have contributed).

I think it did! In the scene, you can see chemicals rising up out their jars and beakers after the PA shockwave passes through Barry's lab, but before the lightning strikes. The lightning, the chemicals, and the explosion worked in concert to create the Flash.

I suspect they did this because "lightning strikes beakers!" would seem too corny to modern audiences. The accelerator adds another layer of confluence by way of a machine that is still very new and nebulous to modern audiences. "If the particle accelerator has a meltdown, will it create a black hole???" is a question that the general public was actually asking about the LHC not too long ago lol.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »
For me it was definitely the best Arrow yet and despite Agents of Shield getting all the hype, this is the best superhero show on TV right now. I'd love it if WB/DC would realize this and tie it into their cinematic universe, but I doubt they're smart enough for that.

I was REALLY surprised to see The Flash's origin scene, especially since last we heard his introduction as the Flash has been moved from an upcoming episode of Arrow to its own premiere next fall. Yes, a Flash TV show has been the plan all along but they were going to completely introduce him on Arrow, costume and all. Last I heard they had decided to postpone his full intro to his own pilot. I'm REALLY not looking forward to waiting until next fall to see that Flash, they've done an excellent job building his backstory and the actor is fantastic.

And for the real spoiler!

Spoiler for Hidden:
DEATHSTRROOOOOKE! Older Slade looks spot on perfect, can't wait to see him suit up, woot!

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
I'd love it if WB/DC would realize this and tie it into their cinematic universe, but I doubt they're smart enough for that.

It's my understanding that they've always been weird about mixing different versions of characters. There was a time when Batman stuff wasn't allowed to be in the animated series (http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo).

The biggest issue with tying this series in is the fact that it seems to me to have started almost as a Batman knock off - very dark & gritty, and using many people / places from Batman (Ras al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, etc.). Almost like they just wanted to cash in on the realist, dark tone of Batman Begins trilogy, but couldn't actually use Batman.

My thoughts for the accelerator being used in the origin is that it allows for an entire city of super-powered people to arise. The Flash needs meta human adversaries, after all.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »
I'd love it if WB/DC would realize this and tie it into their cinematic universe[/spoiler]

You mean add Batman to it?
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 04:48:07 AM »
For me it was definitely the best Arrow yet and despite Agents of Shield getting all the hype, this is the best superhero show on TV right now. I'd love it if WB/DC would realize this and tie it into their cinematic universe, but I doubt they're smart enough for that.

I was REALLY surprised to see The Flash's origin scene, especially since last we heard his introduction as the Flash has been moved from an upcoming episode of Arrow to its own premiere next fall. Yes, a Flash TV show has been the plan all along but they were going to completely introduce him on Arrow, costume and all. Last I heard they had decided to postpone his full intro to his own pilot. I'm REALLY not looking forward to waiting until next fall to see that Flash, they've done an excellent job building his backstory and the actor is fantastic.

And for the real spoiler!

Spoiler for Hidden:
DEATHSTRROOOOOKE! Older Slade looks spot on perfect, can't wait to see him suit up, woot!

Well it may be a while before the effects ... well come into effect.  And of course we would need the origin of the suit.  I could see them play up him shredding his clothes due to his speed in the "origin" episode.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 11:38:15 PM »
Well it may be a while before the effects ... well come into effect.  And of course we would need the origin of the suit.  I could see them play up him shredding his clothes due to his speed in the "origin" episode.

That all depends , I think on how close they stick to the comics and how much they try to come up with slightly more realistic explinations for the things the Flash can do.  In the comics (for the most part, not counting his speed force suit) his costume is just that, a costume. There's nothing special about it.  Its not what protects him from the affects of moving that fast, that's part of his powers. It protects him, and what he's wearing or carrying from air friction,tiny bits floating around.  Its all part of the speed force. Although before the introduction of the Speed Force, it was just a "field" around his body.  Its also why he doesn't exactly obey the laws of inertia, and why he's able to move someone or something at such speeds and not just shred them.

In the comics Barry was able to do some neat things with his speed that Wally never could (or at least didn't known how). Barry could lend his speed to things when he touched them. He could make something match his speed through touching it, not pushing or pulling it, but transferring his speed to the object.  I always took that as an unspoken way he interacted with things like the vending machine someone mentioned earlier. Or when he enters combinations into a keypad.  They keypad could never keep up with how fast he's shown entering codes.

Now its probably wishful thinking that they'll bring up the speed force at all, but I think it'd be easier to gloss over some of those details instead of trying to come with some realworld explinationl

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »
Eventually Wally became Flash Ex Machina via the Speed Force which is one of the reasons I intensely dislike the Speed Force concept.

Last year, when the "Gods Among Us" fighting game came out, they had Geoff Johns (I believe) on Facebook predicting a fight between Superman and Flash with Flash wining due to his being able to do things Superman couldn't like travel faster than the speed of light, move across dimensions on his own power, travel in time ... essentially all the powers that Superman USED to have in an effort to make him easier to write.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 01:57:29 AM »
I was raised on the Flash that kept his costume in some super compressed form in his ring.  Of course I don't expect that but I do expect some other reason for the suit to be "special".

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
I was raised on the Flash that kept his costume in some super compressed form in his ring.  Of course I don't expect that but I do expect some other reason for the suit to be "special".

The conversation about the paint vs. mask involved "compressed fabric". I'm pretty sure we'll get a ring.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 05:33:35 PM »
A thought just occurred to me. Superheroes tend to find out about their powers when they start manifesting accidentally and causing problems. I hope Barry's don't flare up when he's brushing his teeth. His dentist will accuse him of using a belt sander on them.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Regarding last week's episode...

Spoiler for Hidden:
So, a vehicle is built to military specs to be impervious to explosives, and the outside can be destroyed by an arrowhead-sized explosive from the inside?
Oookay, someone wasn't paying attention. But the show still has me eagerly anticipating each new episode.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2014, 05:00:31 AM »
Regarding last week's episode...

Spoiler for Hidden:
So, a vehicle is built to military specs to be impervious to explosives, and the outside can be destroyed by an arrowhead-sized explosive from the inside?
Oookay, someone wasn't paying attention. But the show still has me eagerly anticipating each new episode.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Let's assume the arrowhead-sized explosive (which was like 4+ inches long) released the energy building up in the earthquake device.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2014, 05:27:07 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Let's assume the arrowhead-sized explosive (which was like 4+ inches long) released the energy building up in the earthquake device.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Or the container was designed to withstand pressure pushing in, not pressure pushing out.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
I finally placed who Paul Blackthorne (Det. Lance) reminds me of. I was watching "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" yesterday, and, in the scene right before Dobbs shoots Curtin, when Dobbs is ranting, I realized that, from the upper lip to the chin, Humphrey Bogart and Blackthorne looked a lot alike. Trying to place what was familiar about Blackthorne was bad enough when he was on "Burn Notice", but, with the beard stubble, his being on "Arrow" was really getting to me. I'm glad that's settled.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 11:44:45 PM »
I finally placed who Paul Blackthorne (Det. Lance) reminds me of. I was watching "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" yesterday, and, in the scene right before Dobbs shoots Curtin, when Dobbs is ranting, I realized that, from the upper lip to the chin, Humphrey Bogart and Blackthorne looked a lot alike. Trying to place what was familiar about Blackthorne was bad enough when he was on "Burn Notice", but, with the beard stubble, his being on "Arrow" was really getting to me. I'm glad that's settled.

He was also Harry Dresden in the short run Dresden Files series on SciFi (before it was SyFy).

Oh and Arrow has been renewed for a 3rd season.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2014, 12:21:02 AM »
Voice cameo in tonight's episode...

Spoiler for Hidden:
I totally geeked out at hearing Harley Quinn's voice, coming from a nearby cell, offering to counsel Diggle and Lyla!

That was brilliant! I love this show! I wonder what Waller's planning to use THAT one for!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:03:17 AM by Super Firebug »

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2014, 01:07:09 AM »
Voice cameo in tonight's episode...

Spoiler for Hidden:
I totally geeked out at hearing Harley Quinn's voice, coming from a nearby cell, offering to counsel Diggle and Lyla!

That was brilliant! I love this show! I wonder what Waller's planning to use THAT one for!

Me too, that was cool. Dethstroke just looks sick.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 10:41:46 PM »
Firefox has a plug-in that lets you capture streaming video. I found, and got a copy of, a 26-second YouTube clip of that voice cameo, and I'm not tired of it yet. :)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2014, 11:13:25 PM »

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2014, 01:05:47 AM »
So tonight's episode just wrapped up and there's something I just don't get.

Spoiler for Hidden:
First, Slade tells Thea that Oliver had been keeping that secret about who her real father was. Then Slade tells Laurel that Oliver is the Arrow. What I don't get is why Thea believes the guy that kidnapped her, and why Laurel believes the guy that kidnapped Thea. Why would you believe a person who you don't know, don't know how they know your brother/friend, and in the case of Thea, even kidnaps you?

Ugh, I hate it when they do that.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2014, 04:04:42 AM »
You may not believe the source but even hearing that info can make everything suddenly make sense.  They rarely play people as complete idiots in this series, except at time Oliver but that's usually he's either emotional or too close to the problem to see what everyone else sees.  And maybe detective/officer Lance.

Of course I've become use to knowing who knows the truth by looking for the yellow reticle around them.  ;)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »
What kills me about the last episode is why didn't Ollie tell Thea that he just found out about Malcolm being her dad at the announcement of their mother's campaign?  And Thea already knew there was something up between them since then.  I guess he was just too emotional to think clearly.   

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2014, 04:59:46 AM »
Spoiler regarding this week's episode...

Spoiler for Hidden:
With Thea's leaving Starling City, I had the weird thought of her being found by Malcolm and taken in, where she learns archery and melee fighting from him (under whatever circumstances). Then, she eventually returns to Starling, and becomes Oliver's "Speedy", explaining why the show hung that nickname on her.

Sounds more like a CoH character bio, I know.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
With Thea's leaving Starling City, I had the weird thought of her being found by Malcolm and taken in, where she learns archery and melee fighting from him (under whatever circumstances). Then, she eventually returns to Starling, and becomes Oliver's "Speedy", explaining why the show hung that nickname on her.

That seems possible since it looks like he's going to be in the next episode, and I would assume the finale.

Btw, am I the only one who thought Summer Glau looked a bit ridiculous in Deathstroke armor? That helmet looked waaaaaay too big on her.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »
Yes, that helmet did look horrible.  But hopefully she won't be around long.  And Yay!!!! Malcolm will be back!!!!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
There are two more episodes and from what can tell it'll be jammed packed with a couple of surprises about who shows up to be BDH.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Even better, they mentioned in Season 1 that she has an Archery trophy from high school, so she's already at least pretty good with the bow and arrow.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2014, 04:17:14 PM »
Do we think that the Flash will make an appearence? It would be to much of an opportunity to promote the new show in my opinion...

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »
Do we think that the Flash will make an appearence? It would be to much of an opportunity to promote the new show in my opinion...

He was supposed to, but they decided to push that back to his show's pilot.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2014, 03:14:44 PM »
I think we'll hear more about Barry/The Flash, maybe even a quick glimpse, but I'm betting the full reveal is saved for the Flash pilot.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »
What a perfect, perfect finale. It's official, Season 2 of Arrow is some of the best superheroics on TV EVER, what a great show and a huge turnaround from Season 1.

The Flash preview looked awesome, can't wait for that show.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
Looks like Firebug wasn't too far off. It's going to be a long 4-5 months waiting for Season 3, plus The Flash and Gotham.