Author Topic: "Tower Defense" build?  (Read 869 times)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
"Tower Defense" build?
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:18:09 PM »
I was playing a random Tower Defense game the other day, and realized that's yet another of the things I liked about CoH.  While I certainly enjoyed my Brutes, sometimes I wanted a different playstyle, and several AT and powersets let me play as if it were a Tower Defense game.  I'd just worry about where and when to put things down, and then sit back and let them take care of enemies for me. (Things like Masterminds with pets in Aggressive mode, Earth Control with all its area-targeted powers, Traps with all of its... er... traps, etc)

Is there any build in CO like that, based mostly around just putting down Zones Of Death and then letting the enemies stumble into them? (Aside from an all-pet build, I guess, but pets don't seem to be as durable or as reliable in CO.  Plus if I have too many of them my framerate drops to even lower than the usual one frame per second I normally get)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: "Tower Defense" build?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 05:45:56 AM »
I dunno about full builds you can do that with but there's a number of powers that act like that. Sigils of the Primal Storm from Primal Sorcery and Particle Mine or Gas Pellets from Gadgeteering come to mind as things that should do that, though I've never personally used any of them so I can't say for sure.

Also the various Sorcery pets are tied to an area if you don't get the Unbound Ritual advantage on them - which can actually be a good idea as it allows you to take rank 3 on them instead. Orbital Cannon in Gadgeteering could be depending on how you look at it, since you fire it at an enemy but it's created on an area so doesn't move if the target does unless you take the Anvil of Dawn advantage, which you should because it's awesome.