Author Topic: A couple questions about access...  (Read 9820 times)

jealousghost

• Underling
Re: A couple questions about access...
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 02:59:27 AM »
Ok! Finally got into the character creator! New issue though...
"Map filed to start. Server is busy. Try again later."
I was under the impression we could "enter" the game and run around maps and such? Am I doing something wrong? >_<
Thanks for helping me out so much!

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:44 AM »
Ok! Finally got into the character creator! New issue though...
"Map filed to start. Server is busy. Try again later."
I was under the impression we could "enter" the game and run around maps and such? Am I doing something wrong? >_<
Thanks for helping me out so much!
Yes, you should be able to run around the city streets. Make sure you are using the most recent version of icon. (1.7.1 , as per this post http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.0.html direct link-  http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe )

aermyr

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 11:52:42 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I'll try here first  ;D
I'm having the same error "Map failed to start. The server is busy".  I just copied my old CoH install back to my live machine, downloaded the I24 Beta and the latest version of Icon.  I've never had a previous version of icon installed.

Don't get me wrong, having the character creator is awesome, but i would dearly love to actually get back in for screen shots and "play" with the various maps.

I've tried with the "-n" and "-r" switches with identical results.  My version.ini says "Version=2400.201208211101.1".  Would appreciate any and all assistance.  And even if it never works for me, a thousand thank you's for getting me this far.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I'll try here first  ;D
I'm having the same error "Map failed to start. The server is busy".  I just copied my old CoH install back to my live machine, downloaded the I24 Beta and the latest version of Icon.  I've never had a previous version of icon installed.

Don't get me wrong, having the character creator is awesome, but i would dearly love to actually get back in for screen shots and "play" with the various maps.

I've tried with the "-n" and "-r" switches with identical results.  My version.ini says "Version=2400.201208211101.1".  Would appreciate any and all assistance.  And even if it never works for me, a thousand thank you's for getting me this far.

Make sure you are using I24 Beta and not your "old CoH install".

1. Place the latest version of Icon.exe in your I24 Beta folder

2. Run Icon.exe (use -n switch for NPC mode)

3. Done.

Your version.ini string appears to match up, however... so my above instructions may be moot.

Plus, read the Wiki Page.

The latest version of Icon is always available here.

It wouldn't do any harm to delete your current Icon.exe, download from the link above, and try it again.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive