Author Topic: New Alerts  (Read 766 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
New Alerts
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
Oh hey, the new Alert system is being patched in this morning too.

Did I understand it right that there will always be one of each Alert (Grab/Smash/Burst) up at all times instead of the random popping we've had until now? That should eliminate the no-Bursts moaning and I'm all for being able to find the Alert I want, when I want. Will be interesting to see how this affects queues.

Level 20 starting level on Grabs, that are the easier to complete Alerts and now give XP? There goes another moan. The way it was until now hasn't bothered me too much (I saw it as a random sliding difficulty level) but it's easy to understand the complaints.

Grabs are the old Smashes, which are generally faster to run and give G's? Works for me.

That about sum it up? Wasn't there something with Custom Alerts too..

The Alert system, good or bad, has put a lot of players together up to this point so it seems fair to say it's a powerful tool & worthy of improvement.

>>

Someone said in-game last night that the level limit for XP/Grab alerts is 10, not 20.

The new system seems to be working pretty decent. It doesn't seem any faster to level a newb, to me. Not with the toon I'm leveling atm anyway. There are less fails, but, the Alerts take longer due to they are more 'complex'.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:00:21 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>