Author Topic: Blood Moon lewts  (Read 3774 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Blood Moon lewts
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »
If you want a level 40 Nimbus or Supernatural then you're going to want to be looting with a lvl 40 toon due to they don't scale (edit: UP!) with level. Someone in Zone said that Amazing Grace does.

jfyi!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:15:58 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Blood Moon lewts
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »
Blue Battler is tough enough that he can solo the Crypts and do so without too much trouble, but the final boss fight always annoys the heck out of me, so I've been doing the TOT stuff now. I've gotten a couple of action figures I didn't have, some costume pieces, and temp becomes of Frank, the Mummy, and the Ghost. Not bad at all considering I wasn't at it all that long. :D

I suppose I'll give it another go with the Crypts. Vigil just needs his chest piece before I can have his action figure.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:07:42 PM »
Kinda cheaty, but if you run to either side of the platform and huddle near the coffins while breaking line of sight, you will regen while the boss stands there stupidly.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
Kinda cheaty, but if you run to either side of the platform and huddle near the coffins while breaking line of sight, you will regen while the boss stands there stupidly.

He didn't kill me, but his lifedrain gets annoying fast.

Though to be fair, the guy  I used last year was so low damage it'd take me half an hour to whittle him down. Hence, my lack of taste for these missions. :D

Blue Battler is much faster than that but it it still feels too long.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »
Just in case anyone hasn't checked the goodie bag yet..

I'm still so wrapped up in leveling/tweaking my new guy that I've barely squeezed in 1 crypt, and a few Goblin/Nimbus runs. No lewts. Now is the best time to buy Blood Moon goodies, too, and I'm spending every last toon's last Local in the PH.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 01:22:56 AM »
If you want a level 40 Nimbus or Supernatural then you're going to want to be looting with a lvl 40 toon due to they don't scale with level. Someone in Zone said that Amazing Grace does.

jfyi!

can attest to at least Amazing grace in recent times. Yeah it scales. Did hers with a level 30.

But last year no trouble with any of them. Never did any of that stuff with a level 40 before and got stuff usable at my level I was at.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:19:02 AM »
Supernatural definitely does Not scale  : /. Someone in Zone said the same about Nimbus and lower lvl versions generally sell for cheaper too so I believed'em.

Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 03:31:58 AM »
Supernatural definitely does Not scale  : /. Someone in Zone said the same about Nimbus and lower lvl versions generally sell for cheaper too so I believed'em.
yeah it might not. I don't recall Supernatural off the top.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »
yeah it might not. I don't recall Supernatural off the top.

I've got a lvl 26 Supernatural on a lvl 34 since he was 26 and it's still lvl 26.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »
I've got a lvl 26 Supernatural on a lvl 34 since he was 26 and it's still lvl 26.
a well then. There you have it.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:47:08 AM »
That's not what's meant by them scaling, though. What's meant is that they scale to your level when you get them - you got it at level 26, so it's a level 26 device. Had you gotten it at 34, it'd be a level 34 device.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »
What I meant with scaling is that these will not scale up in level as you level up.

Maybe this is true for all CO devices. For some reason I have it in my head it isn't and was hoping to spare someone my experience. I bought the lvl 26 one for 200G thinking it would be a great way to twink a newb. : /  <-- sucker. And now I'm gonna toss it on the junkpile as soon as the toon that has it turns 40 later tonite due to I have a lvl 40 version waiting for him.

They do scale to the level of the looter of course.
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 11:10:24 AM »
Some devices will in fact scale up with your level. In general, anything you buy from the store will. Which is mostly become devices and vehicles, which themselves are glorified become devices. And in turn, anything you find in game almost certainly won't scale.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »
Yeah I couldn't think of anything last night that scaled up in level with me so I thought maybe I brain farted again but now I remember at least 2 Becomes I got from the Mega D event we just had that do. I think the Backup devices from that event either scale up or just start out uber.

Man I wish I woulda got Kinetic. Witchcraft is not as impressive. Haven't tried Nighthawk yet due to he's on someone I've not been playing. I've only used Kinetic once from a temp Backup and he wiped the place out.

The Blood Moon drops seem to be more rare on this go around. The selling prices seem correspondingly higher, too. Although I did see someone selling 2 Supernaturals for 100G each.. Ugh.. What a time to be fixated on leveling a newb and broke  : )
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »
Finished up the In Memoriam Perk (rescued all the zombiefied heroes and got a nifty new action figure.)

And then I took part in a Takofanes Thrash of the Lich King event and wound up with a Dark Aura device.

Have to say, if the other auras we are promised to get by the end of this year show up, they are going to be cool. :D

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »
I'm personally just hoping the auras we've been promised don't end up as underwhelming as vehicles were and are.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »
Uber lewts, Kaos!

I'm done leveling and Ebenezer Verizon resets usage tomorrow so I'm finally going to partake in Blood Moonage this weekend. I sure get the sense that the drop rates are down on this go. Can't remember an event that I didn't luck out on loot tho so we'll see if the streak holds.

Didn't even catch that Dark Aura is on the list. That's probly the most valuable Blood Moon drop tradewise.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 04:50:32 AM »
*Cha-ching*

1st Nimbus
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 01:07:30 PM »
So last night someone kindly gave me some of the new lockboxes because I had said I wanted some. I was hoping to get the new costume (possible) or the Demonwing vehicle (unlikely but it'd be perfect for a Batman-type character). Instead, I got the Dark Frank--- last year I desperately wanted a Frank but didn't get one till long after I gave up hope.

The new Frank is noticeably better than the old one-- but he still can't pick up a car even when on a character who could do so naturally.

Still, it is good we are getting things tweaked and given how good I've found the original Ghost Become to be, the improved one would probably be very handy for underpowered toons.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
Does Blood Moon have the best toys or what?
Some Faves: