Author Topic: Shutdown Anniversary Mail-in.  (Read 10260 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Shutdown Anniversary Mail-in.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 03:23:42 AM »
If someone really wants to mail in something to NCSoft, send just a postcard with this on the back:

$678,189

Even if they don't understand the message, you'd still get the joy out of sending it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:54:52 PM by saipaman »

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 04:04:14 AM »
If someone really wants to mail in something to NCSoft, send just a postcard with this on the back:

$678,189

Even they don't understand the message, you'd still get the join out of sending it.
;D hehehe....
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
Look guys, I know that $678k is a lot of money to ordinary folks like you and me, but to a large corporation like NCSoft it really isn't.

Remember, City of Heroes WAS making money. $678k+ was the kind of money they were getting every month from CoH, and they shut it down anyway. Cause $678k isn't enough to make them care.

Don't kid yourselves. Sending them a postcard with that number would be like if you got a postcard from your ex that said $1.13.

Seriously. Sending a postcard to NCSoft with $678k written on it means that you'll literally be spending your time specifically to make yourself look stupid and/or crazy. Before you do that just ask yourself if it's really worth it.
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »
I would say if you want to do it, then by all means do. But if not don't. Or you could say " na na na we have our own game now" or something to that effect. Oh clearly I never expected a reaction out of NCSoft by doing this, It was just intended to be a simple statement to them that said " Yep, all those customers you abandoned.. well we're still here. Or we're. "

No, no taunting. That would just make us look like little kids. Let's be adults and live well, because that's the best revenge after all.

Also have to agree with the above assessment that to NCSoft, $670,000+ is lunch money. They don't get out of bed in the morning for less than $5,000,000.

Stormsurge

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 02:58:56 AM »
Everyone needs lunch money however. Sure, you need cash for the big things, but even the smallest amount can make a difference. I think they failed to realize that.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 04:57:47 AM »
I believe they didn't know what direction to take the game in.  They thought in terms of City of X.  No one would play City of Pets or City of Civies.  But, I would have loved fighting on other worlds or even in other times like Feudal Japan or the outback of Australia or perhaps Nazi Germany during WW2 or the old west of the USA.  All of those were possible.  What it required was story line.  I think they knew story line was needed too.  When I think of AE and what it could have been.  It was like they were saying to us, "we're too cheap or too over leveraged to write new content so here's the tools to write it."  I believe they didn't want to pour the money back into the game.  They milked it when they should have been reinvesting in it.  The few times they wrote new story line, the attendance on the servers would shoot up to like the first few years when Freedom and virtue were red.

Now I'm not defending them and this is off topic.  They made their decision.  I stand by my word when I say we don't need them.  No reason to call them.  I'm not against remembering the game.  I keep all my toons and their base as well as a host of pics in my private wiki.  I even have the music from the game.  Hell, I even dream about my toons from time to time (when I can remember the dreams).  But I have no reason to call them or send a post card.  I prefer to look to the future when we will have our new home.
No Surrender!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
I was just kidding about the postcard.

It is time for us a a group to move and forget NCSoft.   

Viking Queen

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
My message to NCsoft is: sure City of Heroes is now in the past, but in the future, NCsoft gets zero monies from my household for other games they offer. That's right, make it clear it isn't about griping about past history, they have earned their reputation, and the damage is the loss of any dollars I might have spent on a game, and those dollars will be going to the competing game companies. I have friends that play Guild Wars, but I do not play there because it is a NCsoft company game. Anything associated with NCsoft will never see another dime from me. I have never lived in Korea, but here in America, consumers vote their approval (or disapproval) with their hard-won expendable income. They don't seem to care about the CoH players, and I say we totally return the favor, for now and forever. The postcard should really say "Zero US Dollars for ncsoft, now and forever. hope you enjoy not receiving money from us, we certainly enjoy not sending you any. good luck in future"
Champion Server 4 Life Baby !

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »
To be honest, I'm not sure mail-ins will gather any attention whatsoever. Corporations filter the media they receive - something like this wouldn't even make it past the receptionist's desk.

And, once COH shut down, I uninstalled and completely wiped the game from my system, based on the premise that I wouldn't ever be able to use it again..and if COH reopened, I could redownload it. Using an emulator to revive it for posterity's sake, In my opinion, would be an empty solution and would only twist the knife. It's like putting strings on your dead family pet and making it move around like a puppet. It's really not kosher.

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 08:01:41 AM »
To be honest, I'm not sure mail-ins will gather any attention whatsoever. Corporations filter the media they receive - something like this wouldn't even make it past the receptionist's desk.

And, once COH shut down, I uninstalled and completely wiped the game from my system, based on the premise that I wouldn't ever be able to use it again..and if COH reopened, I could redownload it. Using an emulator to revive it for posterity's sake, In my opinion, would be an empty solution and would only twist the knife. It's like putting strings on your dead family pet and making it move around like a puppet. It's really not kosher.
well... you'd be surprised what people do with dead pets.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

You ain't kiddin'  There's sick people out there.  Latest fad if you got $10k is to clone your pet.

No Surrender!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
You ain't kiddin'  There's sick people out there.  Latest fad if you got $10k is to clone your pet.
yup.

grouchybeast

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
Latest fad if you got $10k is to clone your pet.

Really, compared to cloning an MMO that's a bargain.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
My cat is in cryostasis - and I took him to Cryonics Institute in person to insure a textbook perfect cryopreservation.  One day, I'll be right beside him; I love him dearly and refused to let him go, not when I could potentially save him.

And the only quarrel I have with people cloning their pets is that the technology is still fairly primitive at the moment.