Author Topic: Helping my Mom finish her Masters Degree  (Read 2035 times)

Absolute

• Lieutenant
Helping my Mom finish her Masters Degree
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »
Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone could help out my Mom who is going for her Masters for Leadership here in Canada by completing her survey about gamers in the workplace (<15 minutes).

My Mom always had a dream of receiving higher education, but being 1 of 9 children to a single-mother, and then a mother of 4 kids later, she never really had the time.

She was always nice enough to let me spent countless hours on City of Heroes (If my marks were high) while a lot of my friends around the same age at the time had their computer time severely limited. I wanted to prove to her that the City of Heroes community was really good and help her prove to everyone else that MMORPG players aren't all lazy unemployed people (As we're typically portrayed).

She needs help with the survey that involves how MMORPG players view leadership in the workplace. This is going to be part of her Master's Thesis.

The survey does require some things.
*18 years of age or older
*Live in Canada or the US
*Play or played an MMORPG
*Have been employed recently (Paid work)

In place of which MMO you play the most often, feel free to list Other: City of Heroes (or any other MMORPG). I had told her to add it to one of the draft versions, but I'm sure she had just forgotten.

The Survey: https://surveys.ccs.uoguelph.ca/limeSurvey/index.php?sid=64517&lang=en

Any help is highly appreciated.

(Also, I've posted this around several other places, most notably the City of Heroes Facebook page)

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: Helping my Mom finish her Masters Degree
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:11:12 AM »
Weird.  Someone on reddit just posted a similar poll (from Harvard, I think).

I'm kind of lost when your mom's asks me how much time I spend on various tasks, since I don't play any mmos at the moment.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:35:06 AM »
Submitted.

I'm kind of lost when your mom's asks me how much time I spend on various tasks, since I don't play any mmos at the moment.

I'm not playing any MMOs right now either, but I figured that if she's willing to accept City of Heroes as a write in, then my answers were based on that time period.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:09:33 AM »
Hey!  I had a buddy who went there!

Also, survey submitted.

Absolute

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:56:17 AM »
Weird.  Someone on reddit just posted a similar poll (from Harvard, I think).

I had posted this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/SampleSize/comments/1qyto5/academic_mmorpg_players_view_on_leadership_in_the/

If that's not it and you happen to still have it on your reddit history I wouldn't mind taking a look.

SerialBeggar is correct. I'm not really playing any MMORPGs at the moment, but I filled it in as if it was the last day of CoH (Considering I'd still be playing there if I could).

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 04:58:28 AM »
If that's not it and you happen to still have it on your reddit history I wouldn't mind taking a look.
Here's the reddit post on /r/MMORPG.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »
Hah! Taking the survey - and for the first part, it asked about "Pays attention to statuses" -- my mind immediately went to monitoring the leagues health and endurance bars and scoping out status effects as well.
 The funny thing - it never occurred to me to consider any other type of status until the workplace questions came up.  :-[
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Rigo42

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
Submitted :D
Awaiting the day I can return to my childhood-created hero :)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 08:51:26 PM »
Done.