Author Topic: Valiance Online  (Read 18280 times)

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
Re: Valiance Online
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 11:16:01 PM »
Does it mean a playable beta test server ? Open to anyone ?
Where do we suscribe ????? Toooo great.

It's "pre-alpha" meaning not even near beta test -- if we're lucky it will work for more than 5 minutes  ;D

Anything might happen, but if everything goes well, I gather, we'll get to try out the environment and game as far as they've developed.  And they're going to post the download and sign in instructions on their web site (and probably facebook group, Titan, etc)

I don't know if I'll get to play, but it was enough to get me to kick them some cash -- hoping this will make for a happy anniversary with some real, tangible, hope!
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Alpha Series

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »
That's just awesome news! Just incredible all the progress being made on all projects! I tip my metal hat to you all and Thank You!
"You've started an interstellar war!" "No, I didn't start it. But I'm liable to finish it."

Ghostly

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
It's "pre-alpha" meaning not even near beta test -- if we're lucky it will work for more than 5 minutes  ;D

Anything might happen, but if everything goes well, I gather, we'll get to try out the environment and game as far as they've developed.  And they're going to post the download and sign in instructions on their web site (and probably facebook group, Titan, etc)

I don't know if I'll get to play, but it was enough to get me to kick them some cash -- hoping this will make for a happy anniversary with some real, tangible, hope!
Thank you for those explanations :D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 01:31:17 AM »
Is this the project that, a few months ago, had a downloadable sample of some kind? Which I deleted after being unable to get it to do anything. (What I did see looked more like a fantasy game; I may have gotten the wrong thing.) :/ I went to their website just now, and can't find where to re-download it so as to try again. If this isn't that project, which is it? If it is, is the previous sample still available?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 02:25:55 AM »
This is that project, and the previous version is not available any longer... I assume because they changed enough code that it wouldn't work properly with the new server-side code. The new version is not yet available for download (having been in their shoes with a custom UO shard, I assume that it won't be available for download too early as they work frantically to knock the buglist down as much as possible before the final build).

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »
Super Firebug:  The DL link for the VO pre-alpha will be available for download 11/30/2013 (tomorrow).  However, I don't have a timeframe for when it will be put up.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »
5PM U.S. Mountain Standard Time.

... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 03:24:55 AM »
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 03:21:25 AM »
Just passing this along from VO's Facebook postings today.

SERVER UPDATE:

(Aaron) The old server was just taken down, the new primary server is up, and the new builds are being uploaded. The old server is now being transitioned to become the patching server. As soon as all builds are uploaded, we'll share the link here.

We have everyone covered this time: Windows, Mac, Linux.

BUILD RELEASES:

(Aaron) Ok here they go, the latest build release links. Gonna get to work setting up the patcher on the newly available server machine. The patcher links will replace the links on this thread:

http://valiance.shogn.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=11&id=190&Itemid=646#190

Please remember to read the information posted on the main thread, so you're informed as to what updates we made. We'll do a full change.log page soon, so that we have a more formal presentation of updates and changes. Have fun everyone; more updates are comings!

THE LINKS:

(Windows 32-bit) www.shogn.net/gamebuild/Valiance_Windows32.zip
(Windows 64-bit) www.shogn.net/gamebuild/Valiance_Windows64.zip
(Mac) www.shogn.net/gamebuild/Valiance_Mac.zip
(Linux) www.shogn.net/gamebuild/Valiance_Linux.zip

Because it appears our site host is experiencing a bit of lag.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Aviticus Gladius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
Thanks for opening this thread, and the ongoing support that's been shown here. We've been really focused on building the game which hasn't left much time to focus our attention elsewhere. Here is a link to the latest pre-alpha releases:

http://valiance.shogn.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=11&id=190&Itemid=646

Another huge update is coming next week. Thanks as always for your support and faith in us, it's what keeps us going.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 01:35:00 AM »
http://valiance.shogn.net/forum?catid=11&func=view&id=2168
looks like a newer build dropping soon.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 02:46:24 AM »
http://valiance.shogn.net/forum?catid=11&func=view&id=2168
looks like a newer build dropping soon.

They were planning a drop several weeks ago but hit tech difficulties that delayed it
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

microc

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
the unity game engine had few bad bugs they fond. then 4.6 dropped and now version 5.0 is dropping.

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »
I really look forward to checking this out once they release the next version of their pre-alpha publicly. I found out too late that the current publicly available version no longer works with their servers ... whoops.

Can I just say though, that even in pre-alpha Valiance Online is amazing? When I think "Game made in Unity3D" I think of stuff like SCP Containment Breach and other horror games Markiplier's played, many of which are half-baked and of low quality.

Valiance Online looks a lot closer to a top-notch AAA game, and it really shows what Unity3D is capable of. Hats and helmets off to you guys, seriously!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
Great. I'm wanting to log into Valiance's website, so that I can get in on the testing (if I still can). I clicked on the "forgot my password" link, but I don't see a Captcha, and it won't work without my entering something.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.