Author Topic: Time Setting  (Read 2266 times)

silvers1

• Boss
Time Setting
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:02:47 AM »

Not sure if this has ever been discussed,  but I'm wondering if the time setting for CoT should be brought up for discussion?

Valiance appears to be set somewhere in the far distant future.  CoT, I'm assuming is the present time or perhaps a few years down the road.

CoH always had a late 70s/early 80s vibe to me, given the style of cars that were driving around, which I really liked.     Personally, I'd prefer 70s, since it would still allow old-timer heroes from WW2 to still be hanging around to help the new heroes out.

Thoughts/opinions?

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Time Setting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:42:04 AM »
CoH was set more or less in contemporary time.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:13:25 PM »
silvers1: As an oldtimer myself, I'll just pretend that all the toons I create are descendants of my CoHV toons.

saipaman: You are correct about CoHV being in a contemporary setting.

Actually, I seem to recall, from somewhere on the VO web site, that the game setting is some 50 years hence (near future).  This puts us in the ballpark of the CoHV setting.  This really isn't a bad thing, as it allows for some cool melee and ranged power sets (technologically speaking).  Hopefully, VO will have a Kings Row(ish) type of area to roam around in, just for old times sake.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:26:28 PM by TDGeorge »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
The time setting for VO is 2093.

A nice little write-up/backstory can be found on their website, or by clicking here. :D