Author Topic: FAQ? How do I load existing characters?  (Read 2561 times)

Shotty Mario

• Underling
FAQ? How do I load existing characters?
« on: December 09, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
I  would like to get screenshots of my existing characters since I've been modeling them with a combo of DAZ3D and GIMP. I got most of my mains but a folder that had a bunch of screenies of my toons got deleted when I upgraded my comp. How do I access my character data? What can be done? Only YOU, with your glorious wisdom, knowledge, and expertise can resurrect what one was!

Tacitala

• Boss
Re: FAQ? How do I load existing characters?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:41:19 PM »
I got most of my mains but a folder that had a bunch of screenies of my toons got deleted when I upgraded my comp.

Ouch.  What data do you still have?  If you happen to have costume files around you can load those.  If you only have either demo files or Sentinel files, their costumes can be recreated (although the process is slow).  Otherwise, you might have to go on memory and/or the idea that they had a chance to hit Icon while we weren't able to get in to the city.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
Character data?

There is none, unless you have costume files or like Tacitala said, demo or sentinel files.

Titan Icon does not load anything from a server/any server(s), as far as I know.

All it does is enable you to use your client to make costumes, run around, fly, load maps, etc.

See the wiki page for more information.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Shotty Mario

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »
Our characters were never actually client side?

Ouch... A lot. Okay... halfway through my career my screenshots stopped working and I moved to FRAPs. maybe some costumes are still stored away in "accidental" screenshots

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
Our characters were never actually client side?
It's a safe assumption that this is not the case with any MMO whose devs had more than a shred of actual competence and common sense.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.