Author Topic: Who is Senor Omnomnom?  (Read 4895 times)

Tacitala

• Boss
Who is Senor Omnomnom?
« on: December 12, 2013, 12:57:34 AM »

Oh, this is a pretty and impressive monument tucked away in Kallisti Wharf!  Let's see who the people that contributed to it were.

"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
Re: Who is Senor Omnomnom?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:30 AM »
I'm, uhh... not sure if you're being serious here...

That glorious contributors text is filler... they were probably gonna replace it later.

Sorry if I ruined the joke.

:o :P
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
It was a joke.  Which obviously failed...

It just struck me as funny that they didn't even put " John Doe" or "John Q. Public".

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »
I thought it was funny.

I wonder who it's a monument of?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 06:48:36 PM »
Pretty sure that statue is a stand-in for where the Statesman statue was going to go in the final zone.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »
If I had the skill, I would put Statesman in that photo....

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 05:22:28 AM »
How's this...

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 06:20:26 AM »
seems strange they would go to the trouble of modeling a whole other statue as a place holder, even a very simple one. who else was killed in that arc?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 06:29:18 AM »
seems strange they would go to the trouble of modeling a whole other statue as a place holder, even a very simple one. who else was killed in that arc?
They didn't, that is a copy-paste. That dude is in Peregrine Island and I think another zone (Galaxy?)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
How's this...

That's a great picture, Tacitala and Healix, but...  seeing it makes me realize

I didn't want a statue of Statesman, I wanted Statesman to come back. This was like killing off Superman, I mean, who does that? This was one of the things that needed fixing, should the game ever return.

But if he should have to have a statue, something like that would be it.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
That's a great picture, Tacitala and Healix, but...  seeing it makes me realize

I didn't want a statue of Statesman, I wanted Statesman to come back. This was like killing off Superman, I mean, who does that? This was one of the things that needed fixing, should the game ever return.

But if he should have to have a statue, something like that would be it.

I don't think his death was necessary, but it could have been handled better IMO. He went out like a chump instead of as a hero.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »
If you take away 3 "O"s, 2 "M"s, 1 "N", and add 2 "E"s, 2 "S"s and an "I", then it spells "Nemesis".

"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
I don't think his death was necessary, but it could have been handled better IMO. He went out like a chump instead of as a hero.
indeed.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 02:58:05 AM »
I actually cried when I found out that Statesman was going to be killed off. Since 2004, he was always the heroic figurehead of CoH, and I held him in high regard. He was someone my little heroes wanted to emulate and honor. His death was not only unnecessary, it was like losing someone near and dear to me.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »
I hadn't tracked down the books at the time of the SSA.  When I did, I was like "WTF is this?  That ain't the guy who marched himself halfway across the world chasing a rumor of an all artifact to keep himself from dying?"  Even if he was completely distraught at the time, he still wouldn't meet death with a smile.  I've got some likewise aggravation with Sis P's death (especially since it wasn't really needed and it's not like Numina hadn't resurrected the dead before).

I guess I wasn't as alone in those ideas as I thought.  If when S.C.o.R.E. unveils the emulator, we end up with a way to make new arcs, I'm going to join in the string of people making ones to bring them back. (And I have an idea for a different one that coincidentally gets Penny Yen a new outfit and makes her back in line with her original presentation.  Plus few other ideas Phaetan and I have been bouncing back and forth.  Darn it, hurry up with that emulator >.< )

Plus, I have to confess that it was deeply amusing to me to see the line up of NCSoft's "game mascots": doe-eyed girl, doe-eyed girl, doe-eyed elf girl... *blam* testosterone!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 05:19:28 PM »
Yeah, there are a few things to write when we get a chance, including the new Calvin Scott Task Force...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 05:45:01 AM »
I never saw Statesman as the essential hero.

Given the history of Paragon City, the essential hero was the one we never met - Atlas.

After all, it was his sacrifice on what was to become Valor Bridge that cemented super heroes into the hearts and minds of his fellow citizens.