Author Topic: Mavericks Upgrade Kills CoH Icon?  (Read 1240 times)

andrewbley

• Underling
Mavericks Upgrade Kills CoH Icon?
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »
Hey folks! A few weeks ago I installed CoH Icon on my Mac OSX Snow Leopard machine. I just upgraded to OSX Mavericks the other day, and found that my CoH Icon is now non-functional! When I try to run it, it returns this error:

Alert

You can't run this program directly, please run NCsoft launcher instead.

This is followed by the same error in French and German. The only thing that has really changed is the OS upgrade, but that's just a guess. I'm not 100% certain what has caused the change. It was fully functional a few weeks ago when I installed it, so not sure what else it could be.

Any ideas? Thank you all, you're amazing!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Mavericks Upgrade Kills CoH Icon?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »
Make sure the upgrade didn't screw with your icon data. Also, go here and try redownloading and overwriting your plist.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »
Follow the instructions again in the Mac section (on the page Agge linked), at the part where Cider is mentioned:

- Back up to Contents and select MacOS. Click slowly twice in the name "cider" to rename it. Change the name to "cider_die".

- Right-click on cider_noui and choose "Duplicate". Click slowly on the name "cider_noui copy" to rename it. Change that name to just "cider".

Those two steps will solve the issue.

andrewbley

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »
Thank you folks! After following your instructions (replacing the .plist file, renaming cider, and replacing icon.exe) it worked for me once again. Thanks for all your help!!!