Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 167282 times)

cobie

Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 03:06:07 AM »
it's brew.sh and not brew.ch, btw.

trying the process manga wrote out as we speak...

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 03:41:58 AM »
I was getting the same error with Island Rum starting, letting me select Paragon Chat then dying. When I checked the  ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log file, it was looking for a link that was in my Applications folder

lrwxr-xr-x  1 mobbyg  admin  43 Jul  7 23:06 coh.backup -> /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh

When I tried to run that link, it said it couldn't find the file. So I moved that link and created a new one to the correct folder..

ln -s /Applications/COH.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh/ /Applications/coh

Then I ran Island Rum again, and I got the login screen.

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:36 AM »
IR is still hanging for me, but I did get a copy of the client from the torrent, and I have the executable.  The directions for wine let it run, but not start, and I'm stuck there on the Mac.

Windows worked easily, but that's no shock.

cobie

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
alright, so manga's process that described the installation of homebrew (at brew.sh) and, with it, the installation of wine and winetricks worked for me. i was able to run paragonchat and managed to run around er, walk around (jog around?) paragon city last night.

some background:
downloading and running island rum went seemingly okay for me. but when it went to download the other files (presumably, issue 24 of city of heroes, itself), it would hang. it would grab a couple files and then do nothing. i had noticed that when i went to the manifest and plugged in the manifest file location we were pointed to in an earlier post, it would refresh itself and grab a couple more files. it's worth mentioning that the manifest URL i was putting in was the exact same one it was already populated with. but after a while, it wouldn't proceed any further. i chalked this up to, perhaps, network traffic and decided to try again later.

later, i opened island rum again and it was able to download all the files it needed. but then it would do nothing despite clicking on the blue arrow/green checkmark.

much later, when i opened island rum, it immediately prompted me with an error, indicating that it couldn't find the manifest. i plugged in the previous URL and it didn't like it. i plugged in the manifest location for windows, however, and it proceeded fine. however, much like the last time, clicking on the blue arrow/green checkmark to launch paragonchat did nothing.

after following manga's directions to install wine (which was not a quick process, so be patient) did clicking on the aforementioned button produce a windows-looking dialogue box to login and then subsequently launch city of heroes.

it's worth noting that the titan icon app icon in my applications folder has been indicating that the app is damaged or incomplete all this time. selecting it from the island rum menu produces and error alert box: "Couldn't write process memory: Message 0x%1 not found in file %2."

in any case, thanks to everyone who made this happen. from the being able to virtually return to city of heroes part to the making this thing work on a mac part. it's nice to be back home. =]

mdyankeejr

• Underling
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2015, 05:50:24 PM »
Ok need help, I have downloaded Island Run and run it and it is just sitting at choose file, not sure what i should be choosing as i have never used a program like this.  I am very computer literate, all the instructions are saying to do things I don't know how to do or have any clue on how to do them. I am at a loss and so want to get into City of Heroes again. Any help on install would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:06:34 PM by mdyankeejr »

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »
Ok need help, I have downloaded Island Run and run it and it is just sitting at choose file, not sure what i should be choosing as i have never used a program like this.  I am very computer literate, all the instructions are saying to do things I don't know how to do or have any clue on how to do them. I am at a loss and so want to get into City of Heroes again. Any help on install would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you already have a copy of CoH I24 installed, select that application.  If you don't, select the folder where you want it to install.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2015, 10:23:31 PM »
From things I hears from Leo, unless you already have (saved) the original game info, it should go to a folder named "COH" in your 'Downloads' folder.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2015, 04:24:35 AM »
Island Rum ran then would hang.  I'd kill it and re-run, and it'd start over.  Eventually it got all the files.  This was from a suggestion from an earlier post.

I see Paragon Chat and Icon in the options, but neither works.

Like others, the coh symlink was wrong.  Fixing that gets Paragon Chat to launch.  Icon is broken, as there is no icon.exe.  (I'll grab one and try it in a minute, but I'm not sure why IR doesn't put one in.  Putting it in the right place gets "Couldn't write process memory: Message 0x%1 not found in file %2".  So Icon isn't happy with wine, either.)

Paragon Chat comes up, and starts the client.  The player log ends with:

Connecting to DbServer 127.12.34.56:7000 (UDP) cookie: 0..

Something is mangling the IP, and I haven't found what yet.  A wine faq suggests it's a missing hosts file entry, but that doesn't make much sense for this item.  I'll try and see what happens.

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
Something is causing the CoH client to get an IP address of 127.12.34.56.  It's a Wine thing, but I can't figure out what to do about it or why it's happening.  The solutions involve editing /etc/hosts, which did nothing productive, or installing a VPN to reorder the network ports, which I haven't tried yet.

I can't get it to work on 127.0.0.2, either, even if I create one.  Foo!

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2015, 05:26:59 AM »
Yeah, so creating a 127.0.0.2, and running without -localhost gets warnings:

err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 01b8.
err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 01c4.

The client starts, but won't connect to the mapserver.

Creating 127.12.34.56 as an alias seems to do the same thing.

Unless I can figure out how to get Wine to stop reporting that address, I'm stumped.

Rabgix

• Underling
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2015, 06:30:32 AM »
I still haven't a clue on how to Run Island Rum. It comes on, but nothing happens.

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:53 PM »
I'm stumped too...

I jumped through all the previous posted hoops and I'm still getting nothing as far as running Rum Island is concerned... This is what I'm getting:

I can run the old Titan Icon app just fine though.

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:16 PM »
I'm stumped too...

I jumped through all the previous posted hoops and I'm still getting nothing as far as running Rum Island is concerned... This is what I'm getting:

I ran into the same issue earlier (finally got online tonight and it was worth the wait!), that's the original manifest URL which I believe went down due to high demand, if you click that 'Add' button and put http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml into the box, it should work for you!

CaptainBlag

• Underling
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 01:01:04 AM »
Hi, I recently downloaded Island Rum for my Mac. Every time I run it, it begins downloading the files, but then stops saying "1 or more files failed to download" and the entire setup fails. Help?

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2015, 02:08:30 AM »
That trick seems to be working as it's now downloading a bunch of files... Hopefully, It will all go as planned and I'll be back in Atlas tonight!
Thanks for the tip, OMCS...

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2015, 02:33:45 AM »
No problem! Best of luck to you, you're in for a real treat when you get in. There's loads to explore (although ironically I've spent most of my time in the costume creator finally perfecting a concept I've had for years) and a lot of great conversation - the fact the community is still so strong three years on is a real credit to how this was so much more than a game for so many people. It's great to have it back.

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2015, 04:31:05 AM »
I had to run the downloader repeatedley to get all the files.  Load was getting it stuck on some.

Have you gotten Paragon Chat running on the Mac?  I still haven't made that work.

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
Hmmm... IDK. It finally allowed me to download all of the files. The window pops up with a choice of picking either Paragon Chat or Titan Icon. When I press the blue arrow to actually get one of them to start however, the whole thing just closes. *sigh* I don't know where to go from here... Does anybody have any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanx in advance...

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »

Island Rum auto-closes after it launches something, that's normal to force people to not leave it open all the time and miss patches.

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »
That's just it - it isn't launching anything at all. It's just auto-closing after I press the button.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might go about correcting this?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 06:43:30 PM by Foundryfire »