Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 167466 times)

laufeyjarson

• Boss
Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »
It did that to me, too.  It creates a symlink called /Applications/coh and it did it wrong on my machine.  I had to fix that.  Since I don't know what you called your CoH folder, I can't give you the command to fix it.

At the terminal, I did:

cd /Applications
mv coh coh.bak
ln -s /Applications/CoH\ I24\ Beta/City\ of\ Heroes\ Beta\ Mac.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh

You'll need to replace the path '/Applications/CoH\ I24\ Beta/City\ of\ Heroes\ Beta\ Mac.app' with the full path to your CoH app.

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2015, 07:41:55 PM »
I've known the patcher to quit without launching anything if wine isn't installed (correctly). Make sure you've installed Homebrew and wine as detailed by Manga earlier in the thread. If it still doesn't work you can see the Island Rum logs by going to your home directory, then  Library/Logs/Unity and opening Player.log - that might give you an error message or some other insight into why it's not working.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2015, 07:49:44 PM »
That's just it - it isn't launching anything at all. It's just auto-closing after I press the button.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might go about correcting this?

Read the instructions further up the thread about installing Wine via Homebrew.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:29 PM »
I'm dealing with the same issue of having Island Rum spool up normally and then exiting with nothing after hitting the blue arrow.  Here's the relevant section of the log:

wine-1.6.2
Exit Code: 0

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

Wine Detected

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

SigninEncrpted Playerpref:

/bin/sh -c 'ln -s /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Applications/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh /Applications/coh'

ln: /Applications/coh: File exists
UWKProcess has exited

Commandline: /bin/sh -c 'wine /Applications/coh/paragonchat.exe  -localhost  '

Note that this machine did not have the CoH client installed on it - Island Rum installed the files to "Applications/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/coh"

I installed Homebrew and Wine per Manga's instructions in post 57 with no errors.

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2015, 11:47:10 PM »
I followed all of the above listed advice about wine & Homebrew (Thanx Manga!) and finally managed to get to the login...

I am sooooo close and yet when I go to select the server (which is listed as 127.0.0.1) the screen goes blank and then finally ops up with "Can't connect to DBserver".

Now however, I can not access Titan Icon... I get the error message: "Couldn't write process memory: Message 0x%1 not found in file %2"

Ugh this is getting messy. I think that I might just try to start from scratch again...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:54:22 PM by Foundryfire »

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »
I'm dealing with the same issue of having Island Rum spool up normally and then exiting with nothing after hitting the blue arrow.  Here's the relevant section of the log:

You might want to try opening up a Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app), pasting /bin/sh -c 'wine /Applications/coh/paragonchat.exe  -localhost' into it and hitting enter. It should either give you an error message which you can use to debug or start up Paragon Chat.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:54:46 PM by OMCS »

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2015, 12:01:32 AM »
You might want to try opening up a Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app), pasting /bin/sh -c 'wine /Applications/coh/paragonchat.exe  -localhost' into it and hitting enter. It should either give you an error message which you can use to debug or start up Paragon Chat.

Doing so simply returns a command prompt, like so:

>

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
Hmm, make sure you have included the opening and closing quotation marks.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2015, 12:33:50 AM »
OK, it's giving me a "cannot find '/Applications/coh/paragonchat.exe'", so it must not be pointing to the right place.  How do I redirect it?

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2015, 11:47:17 AM »
OK, it's giving me a "cannot find '/Applications/coh/paragonchat.exe'", so it must not be pointing to the right place.  How do I redirect it?

I've heard there could be a bug with the process of creating the 'coh' alias - it might be worth renaming /Applications/coh to /Applications/coh.old and running Island Rum again to see if it recreates the link properly.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »
Well, good news and bad news.

The good news is that renaming "coh" as "coh.old" worked - I was able to get Paragon Chat to load.

The bad news is that, as others have reported, I can't get into the game.  It shows me 127.0.0.1 as the server option, but clicking on it does nothing.  Also, Titan will not run - it gives the error message that others have reported.

Is there any way to bypass the "-localhost" switch to launch the game?  I believe Codewalker included it in 0.966 to fix a problem, but it may have created another problem...

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
This may not work (and isn't a long term fix because you won't receive updates this way) but you could try running Paragon Chat directly rather than via IR. To do so simply run the wine command from the log without the -localhost flag in a terminal. So wine /Applications/coh/paragonchat.exe. It may not work at all, it may lead to the same (or a different) error but I think it's worth trying.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
I'll give that a shot.

In the meantime, OMCS, since you have been able to get into Paragon Chat, could you post your log to this thread:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11109.0.html

Let's try to nail down this DBserver error.

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2015, 06:31:56 PM »
Ugh. I started from scratch and re-installed everything. I downloaded Island Rum and updated all of the files. I installed Homebrew/Wine/Winetricks. I attempted to do all the things listed that others have suggested in this entire thread.

I can now no longer get to the server select screen as I wrote in a previous post.

However, I am able to get to the paragon chat XMPP login screen. It gives me the following error message: "XMPP was unable to connect. Make sure that your XMPP login information is correct." Is there anyway to reset your password for this?

If I attempt to start Titan Icon, I get the message: "Error! Failed to allocate memory: Access denied."

I managed to get it started yesterday, closer to where it is today. If I use Time Machine to bring it back, what files would I need to do this?

[Update] I went into Time Machine and got my original stand alone version of Titan Icon just to get my costumes back... The version of Island Rum that I ran yesterday that was able to get to the server select screen no longer works - it only does the above...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:27:38 PM by Foundryfire »

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »

Quick post to let you all know that I haven't given up yet.  The issues with Island Rum have gotten harder to reproduce, and I'm working with guesses now to determine what's causing some of the problems, but I'm still working on it!

Foundryfire

• Underling
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »
I reinstalled homebrew/wine/winetricks and managed to get around that password issue. It now allows me to get to the server select screen (which is listed as 127.0.0.1). However thats as far as it goes. At that point, I get the "Can't connect to DBserver" message again.

I still can not access Titan Icon... The error message: "Couldn't write process memory: Message 0x%1 not found in file %2" just pops up.

Well, at least thats better than I was doing last night.

I truly hope that this can get figured out - I really miss our city. Keep fighting the good fight, guys!

(As a side note, it was funny to see my son RUN into the room when he heard the music from the log in screen. "Did you get City of Heroes back up?" LOL)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:39:44 PM by Foundryfire »

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
It now allows me to get to the server select screen (which is listed as 127.0.0.1). However thats as far as it goes. At that point, I get the "Can't connect to DBserver" message again.

Have you tried the temporary fix I posted in http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10968.msg187287.html#msg187287? No doubt Manga will produce a far better solution but until then it might be worth a try - it's worked for me and won't do anything that persists after a reboot.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »
Quick Note:  Although I got my client to run on the Mac using the advice of Manga and OMCS, there's a conflict between sudo ifconfig lo0 down and Microsoft Office 2011.  Launching any of the Office apps after using the sudo ifconfig lo0 down command causes Office to seek reauthorization, and then it returns an error message when trying to reverify.

There are two ways around the problem:

First, reboot before trying to run Office apps, and then use the sudo ifconfig lo0 down command again before launching Island Rum.

Second, keep your Office apps open on the sidebar before using sudo ifconfig lo0 down and launching Island Rum.  As long as they're running before you invoke the command, they'll be fine.

OMCS

• Minion
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
If needs be you can revert to the regular behaviour by replacing 'down' with 'up' - sudo ifconfig lo0 up as required.

Fulgin

• Minion
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »
Thanks for the tip, OMCS.