Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 167331 times)

remyfanboi

• Underling
Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »
Hi all! First, let me just say how happy I am that this project exists. Thank you all for your hard work!

I installed island rum and when I click on the blue arrow for paragon chat it loads the chat log on, but after entering credentials it does nothing.

I've read that it's an issue that many experience, but has there been any headway into figuring out how to resolve it? What about any work arounds in the mean time? I'm using a Mac running Yosemite, BTW.

Cheers!

Update: after playing around with the various troubleshooting steps, I managed to get myself back into CoH to the server select screen after agreeing to be awesome. When I choose the server it hangs and eventually tells me that it can't connect to DBserver.

A work around that was previously stated to temporarily resolve this allows me to create a character and log into Atlas, only to immediately receive a mapserver error. The combat log states that it failed to connect to the chat program.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:22:56 PM by remyfanboi »

DaChimbly

• Underling
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2015, 12:41:32 AM »
Hello, Manga. I'm new to the Titan forums, and am pretty technologically illiterate. I just finished downloading Island Rum from your link, and it says it's ready to play, but when I hit the play button, Island Rum closes. Is there something else I need to download? By my understanding, Island Rum is an installer/launcher for Icon, and your link provides both of those. Is there something else I'm missing? Thank you.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
Hello, Manga. I'm new to the Titan forums, and am pretty technologically illiterate. I just finished downloading Island Rum from your link, and it says it's ready to play, but when I hit the play button, Island Rum closes. Is there something else I need to download? By my understanding, Island Rum is an installer/launcher for Icon, and your link provides both of those. Is there something else I'm missing? Thank you.

Windows or Mac version?

Jenscot

• Underling
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2015, 03:03:14 AM »
Island Rum for Icon is a complete installer, capable of setting up a complete working Titan Icon installation on your Mac, as well as self-updating shortly after a new version of either Island Rum or Icon come out:

Island Rum for Icon

Note: The distribution system for its install files is still in testing, so be gentle with it for a while.

I know I am way late on this, but I am attempting to install and it opens up to ask me to select a file.  Did I miss a step or where should I go next?

Elegy

• Underling
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2015, 03:02:51 AM »
Important info for Mac players:

The Cider client WILL NOT RUN Paragon Chat.  I therefore changed Island Rum to support Wine.  Follow these steps:

1. Install Homebrew by visiting http://brew.sh/ and following the instructions.

2.  Once that's installed, type "brew install wine" and wait for it to install.  It may ask you to install a couple of other things before it will complete its installation, but it will tell you what commands to use or where to download it from.

3.  Next, type "brew install winetricks".

4.  Finally, type "winetricks d3dx9 vcrun2008 msls31 winhttp".

After that, you'll have all the pieces you need to make Island Rum work with Wine (it will auto-detect it).

NOTE:  Island Rum may also try to install homebrew and wine on its own.  It's *supposed* to, but I've gotten mixed reports on whether it actually does.  So it's safer to start with installing it yourself.  If Wine is already installed, Island Rum won't try to install it again.

Important to mention: you seem to need to install XQuartz in order for homebrew to install wine via "brew install wine" command if your copy of whatever OSX you're running doesn't have it already. Otherwise, all your efforts will result in an invisible window that highlights blue when you cycle windows or use 'Show all windows'.

As for the post above this one, as far as file selection, it's asking where your copy of Icon is. If you don't have one, get one by following the instructions on ParagonWiki (I believe?) detailing to make a copy of your i24 beta coh.app and adding the icon.exe to the c_drive folder therein. Once you've done that you can rename that to Icon for ease-of-use or just select it and it'll be upgraded to feature a program titled "City of Heroes Resurgence" that should be the bulk of what you need for Island Rum to get you into the Paragon Chat application.

Jenscot

• Underling
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2015, 11:03:01 PM »
Important to mention: you seem to need to install XQuartz in order for homebrew to install wine via "brew install wine" command if your copy of whatever OSX you're running doesn't have it already. Otherwise, all your efforts will result in an invisible window that highlights blue when you cycle windows or use 'Show all windows'.

As for the post above this one, as far as file selection, it's asking where your copy of Icon is. If you don't have one, get one by following the instructions on ParagonWiki (I believe?) detailing to make a copy of your i24 beta coh.app and adding the icon.exe to the c_drive folder therein. Once you've done that you can rename that to Icon for ease-of-use or just select it and it'll be upgraded to feature a program titled "City of Heroes Resurgence" that should be the bulk of what you need for Island Rum to get you into the Paragon Chat application.

I think I got it figured out kinda...thanks
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:16:43 PM by Jenscot »

Spinomania

• Underling
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
I had a windows computer back then, but I switched to a iMac 2 years ago.
I don't have any CoH file anymore (except for the icon application)

I've downloaded Rum Island, but everytime I try to run it it says Error Loading Manifest with a pop up window (Manifests) and two blank fields (Name and URL)

AngelFireAKAL

• Underling
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2017, 04:57:46 AM »
Is this still operational for Mac? Couldnt access a dropbox file and couldnt get anywhere with Island Rum.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2017, 06:41:31 AM »

Yes, but it's not on dropbox anymore - re-check the original post.

AngelFireAKAL

• Underling
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2017, 11:57:29 PM »
So I redownloaded Island Rum. When I open up it gives a list of applications to select and to the left in white words says scanning.... Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
So I redownloaded Island Rum. When I open up it gives a list of applications to select and to the left in white words says scanning.... Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

It wants yoi to select the location of the CoH.app file.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2017, 02:27:59 AM »
I am having a difficult time with this, also. I've gone through two computers and I don't have a clean copy of the CoH executable anymore, only versions of Icon that don't work with my current computer. Island Rum gives me the "Error loading manifest" message. What can I do?

Thanks

AngelFireAKAL

• Underling
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2017, 03:22:09 AM »
This might be a stupid question so I apologize in advance. Are your Macs completely up to date in regards to updates?

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2017, 04:05:51 AM »
I am running Sierra 10.12.6

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2017, 07:39:08 AM »
You might want to try the beta and see if it works better for you:

https://telstar.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac-beta.zip

It won't solve an unreachable manifest, though.  Sometimes the host for it becomes unresponsive.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:43:37 AM by Manga »

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »
It succeeds in downloading the client, but then can't reach the manifest. You say this is a temporary problem with the server?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2017, 06:14:55 PM »
It succeeds in downloading the client, but then can't reach the manifest. You say this is a temporary problem with the server?

Usually is.  I can reach the manifest right now, so you might also have problems with your ISP.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2017, 07:45:07 PM »
It says error loading manifest, and has the following URL in a box entitled 'manifests':

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37952257/Teq[URL truncated by edge of the box]

Is this right? There is a type-in box, and elsewhere on this thread there is a mention that it's not in dropbox anymore.

Also, dl.dropboxusercontent.com gets a 404 for me, but I can access www.dropbox.com.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2017, 01:47:59 AM »

That one is really old, I believe now it's http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2017, 04:28:30 AM »
It seems to be working (thank you!) - I will let you know if some other problem arises.

By the way, a suggestion: I followed the directions on the opening post of this thread, and the old link that I mentioned in my previous post was the default manifest that Island Rum looks for. It might help others if the opening post were kept more up-to-date.  :)

Edit: it does indeed work. Thank you very much again!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:04:41 AM by chaparralshrub »