Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 166635 times)

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »
All right, one more question: where are my costumes saved (so that I can copy my old costume library into it)? There is no transgaming folder inside of the package contents.  :)

Thanks again!

EDIT: found it. It's in:
CoH/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/coh/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:50:07 PM by chaparralshrub »

longtallbrad

• Underling
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2018, 08:21:06 PM »
I've downloaded Island Rum but my Mac won't let me start the program.  I keep getting a pop-up message that the developer isn't identifiable.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Do I need to change security settings?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2018, 01:34:05 PM »

You can "allow" it from the Security & Privacy settings panel.  I suppose I should start signing Island Rum before Mac OS starts requiring it outright.

Maximara

• Underling
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2019, 11:58:10 PM »
If you are using an newer version of the MacOS you will have to open the program with the drop down menu that is created when you use the other mouse button (it will also show Package contents) as the anywhere option no longer exists.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »
If you are using an newer version of the MacOS you will have to open the program with the drop down menu that is created when you use the other mouse button (it will also show Package contents) as the anywhere option no longer exists.

What anywhere option?

ccarman33

• Underling
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »
Hi everyone.

Can someone please tell me what the current build is for Island Rum? I clicked the link in the beginning of this post and received Build 033020181. Also, what is the current Manifest? I downloaded the Homebrew as well but I still can get the files to download and continue to receive errors. Should I try to unistall Island Rum and re-install it? I'm not even for sure how to unistall if I need to.

Thank you

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »

First, if you haven't installed it before, download this:

http://ir.powermad.net/macclient-wineskin.zip

Install it in a folder like Applications.

Then download this:

http://ir.powermad.net/islandrum-mac.zip

Install that, then set the path to /Applications, but not the CoH application itself.

After that, downloading should begin.

Spooney85

• Underling
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2019, 10:57:51 PM »
The first link will not download sadly.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2019, 06:07:37 AM »
The first link will not download sadly.

Be patient with it, the SCORE patchserver is running on the same server, so it's being strangled.  I might move the files once some of the links start to expire.

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2019, 06:19:43 AM »
Thanks Manga!

I got them both to download. But it seems to crash on El Capitan. I get the spinning rainbow of death and the "stopped responding" force quit.

It works perfectly on High Sierra. Do you think theres compatibility issues or is there something else happening?

RuVogue

• Underling
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2019, 11:42:30 AM »
I get to it saying Launching Score and after a few seconds it changed back to Ready to Play and nothing happens

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
I get to it saying Launching Score and after a few seconds it changed back to Ready to Play and nothing happens

You need to reset the path to point at the folder containing the CoH application.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »

demonss

• Underling
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
Hello!
I have (thanks to this thread) managed to get INTO CoH.  The biggest thing I found was getting CoH from the torrent and putting the whole CoH folder into my applications folder and then Island Rum did it's thing!

The problem is when I get into CoH I can move the cursor around I can tab through the log in and pw box but I can't click anything with the mouse (trackpad on my ipad pro)..  Is there some kind of setting I can tweak or something?
I tried plugging in a USB mouse and that didn't work either.
Thanks for any help you can provide!

Spooney85

• Underling
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2019, 04:19:57 PM »

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2019, 04:21:39 PM »

demonss

• Underling
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »

Winter

• Underling
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2019, 02:42:41 AM »
You need to reset the path to point at the folder containing the CoH application.

I'm having the same issue of pressing the play button, it saying "Launching Score" then changing back to Ready to Play.

I have already reset the path.  The current path is to the "coh" folder downloaded via the torrent magnet link (in which "cityofheroes.exe" resides with all of the other game files).  But I am still receiving the same issue.

In case it helps: right now I have a "CoH" folder in which both Island Rum and the above mentioned "coh" folder reside.  If I need to change anything at that level, please let me know.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2019, 03:35:54 AM »

All of you with Island Rum not launching or getting stuck, try downloading it anew from http://telstar.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip.  You might have gotten an older version than I have somehow. 

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2019, 04:43:39 AM »
Wow Manga, I can't believe that you are still here helping us Mac users...especially at this crazy/joyous time in COH history.

Quick question before I try following the general instructions using the download link you just posted. I still have the original Beta client that I had used with an early version of Paragon Chat. Any value in utilizing this instead of adding to the download load?

Thanks!