Author Topic: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!  (Read 166656 times)

Xenos

• Lieutenant
Re: Titan Icon now has a new installer for Mac: Island Rum for Icon!
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2019, 06:13:28 AM »
All of you with Island Rum not launching or getting stuck, try downloading it anew from http://telstar.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip.  You might have gotten an older version than I have somehow.

I downloaded Island Rum from the link you mention. I put it into the Application folder, launched it and pointed it at my old COH Beta app (also in the Applications folder). IR verified everything just, but when I try to use IR to launch Score, Paragon Chat or Icon, I get a brief green check mark before it resets to Ready to Play. I re-set the path numerous times to the COH app. No change.

Any thoughts?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2019, 12:58:16 PM »

I'm looking into it.  Pain in the butt is that it works perfectly for me every time!

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
I'm looking into it.  Pain in the butt is that it works perfectly for me every time!

Could it be that is has something to do with the info.plist? I have tried manually changing the instances of icon.exe to score.exe and ParagonChat.exe respectively and starting the COH app directly. Nothing really happens on Paragon Chat. Starting Score, it loads the COH loading screen, but then fails with a Missing Assertion error. Icon starts up just fine using the COH app.

Happy to try any suggestions you have. Content of my info.plist below.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>apActivationPeriod</key>
<string>31</string>
<key>apLaunch</key>
<string>cider</string>
<key>apPostURL</key>
<string>https://tarts.transgaming.com/submit.cgi</string>
<key>apSkipUpdate</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>apURL</key>
<string>http://updates.gametreeonline.com/cityofheroes</string>
<key>CedegaGameDir</key>
<string>C:\coh</string>
<key>CedegaGameName</key>
<string>c:\coh\icon.exe</string>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
<string>City of Heroes</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>cider</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>City of Heroes Beta v1.0.6998</string>
<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
<string>cityofheroes</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.transgaming.cityofheroes</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>COHC</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>CiderBuild</key>
<string>6998</string>
<key>CiderGameOptions</key>
<string>-- icon.exe -n</string>
<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
<string>10.5.7</string>
<key>NSMainNibFile</key>
<string>MainMenu</string>
<key>NSPrincipalClass</key>
<string>CiderApplication</string>
<key>PrefsFolderName</key>
</dict>
</plist>
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:08:43 PM by Xenos »

metalb00

• Underling
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2019, 11:42:33 PM »
so my mac version magically started working, i was trying to run score (when it was open) and island rum would close after a lil bit and nothing would happen, same w icon or paragon chat.  so i deleted everything and started from the begining.  unzipped island rim and coh file.  moved both into application folder. ran island rum, set path to coh in app folder and let it dl everything.  still didnt work.  i shut down in the morning, booted after work and now icon works and paragon still doesn't but i believe its due to ports issue

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »
Looks like I got it to work (only tried Icon so far though). I pointed IR at an empty folder, so that it told it prompted me to to download the game files. Once I saw that it was starting to download the piggs, I interrupted it and copied the piggs from my original Beta client over as those are the biggest files to download. Restarted the download process and let it finish. Seems to work...more to come.

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »
All of you with Island Rum not launching or getting stuck, try downloading it anew from http://telstar.eekstudio.com/islandrum-mac.zip.  You might have gotten an older version than I have somehow.

Hi Manga,
So Im still having issues launching COH via Island Rum. I cant select or get it to launch Paragon Char or Icon, it automatically downloads the score option and `forces me to select it.

I downloaded the files, and I even had to manually install some .dll files from my macbook air - where IR and COH are currently working.

As soon as I click the blue arrow, it freezes.

Could it be that im on El Capitan or is there just something not connecting with IR and COH.app?

Both my macbook and imac have the same version of IR and COH.app (CoH332397915Wine)

i am beyond a loss. Ive deleted, reinstalled several times and nothing.

Thank you very much for your help.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:04:09 AM by nyhm »

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2019, 12:35:26 PM »
El Capitan is probably too old.  Just in case though, Use Go > Go To Folder in the finder, and paste in ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.  Send me that log via forum PM.  If it won't fit, I only need the last 50-100 lines or so.

Hi Manga,
So Im still having issues launching COH via Island Rum. I cant select or get it to launch Paragon Char or Icon, it automatically downloads the score option and `forces me to select it.

I downloaded the files, and I even had to manually install some .dll files from my macbook air - where IR and COH are currently working.

As soon as I click the blue arrow, it freezes.

Could it be that im on El Capitan or is there just something not connecting with IR and COH.app?

Both my macbook and imac have the same version of IR and COH.app (CoH332397915Wine)

i am beyond a loss. Ive deleted, reinstalled several times and nothing.

Thank you very much for your help.

nyhm

• Underling
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2019, 05:08:27 PM »
Hi Manga,
I went ahead and upgraded to Mojave and that seemed to fix it. I get a slight 10-20 second delay from clicking the blue button to getting the green check mark and launching COH.

Thank you for your help with this! It is greatly appreciated!!

Psych Devil

• Underling
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2019, 03:00:38 PM »
Is dual boxing on one comp possible with Island Rum? Haven't been able to get it to work.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2019, 05:38:25 AM »
Is dual boxing on one comp possible with Island Rum? Haven't been able to get it to work.

Not at the moment, because once a Mac application is "open", it's difficult to make it open a 2nd time.

isearnogle

• Underling
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2019, 02:01:49 PM »
Have downloaded island rum - let it download, then did a rescan to make sure. says game is ready to run, but then when i click play i get "error loading plist"

where does it download the game files? having trouble finding them. I am a windows user trying to help my brother get his game up and running on his mac.

10.13.6 os

isearnogle

• Underling
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
I am now at a stage where it says "ready to play" will let me click, has a green check, then says "launching homecoming" then does nothing, goes back to "ready to play"

i moved it to the applications folder - no change there. at a loss of where to go now. is it port settings or something?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2019, 01:26:59 AM »

Where did the CoH application come from?  Did you download it from http://telstar.eekstudio.com/macclient-wineskin.zip ?

Knowmad

• Underling
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
We are just a few months away from the next version of macOS, which won't support 32bit apps.  Any plans to make Island Rum and COH.app for Mac 64-bit compatible or will Mac users have to stay on Mojave?

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2019, 05:08:49 PM »
We are just a few months away from the next version of macOS, which won't support 32bit apps.  Any plans to make Island Rum and COH.app for Mac 64-bit compatible or will Mac users have to stay on Mojave?

I don't believe 32-bit apps won't run.  It looks like Apple will do a "run 32-bit at your own risk" for the next version - it might crash, but they won't fix it.  I'm still waiting for a 64-bit Wineskin, but it might be a moot point if Wine 64-bit won't run 32-bit apps.

Knowmad

• Underling
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2019, 07:58:09 PM »
I was under the impression that 32 bit apps won't launch on macOS 10.15:

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/32-bit-mac-apps/

I guess we may know for sure after WWDC in a few weeks.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2019, 05:19:48 AM »

If that's absolute, we're pretty much screwed anyway, as CoH is a 32-bit application.  There's no way we're going to get a 64-bit CoH app in the next 3 months.  So I'm hoping that info is incorrect, otherwise a lot of developers will be in the same boat.

I was under the impression that 32 bit apps won't launch on macOS 10.15:

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/32-bit-mac-apps/

I guess we may know for sure after WWDC in a few weeks.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:59 AM »
Hello Manga.

My graphics on CoH Mac look 'flat' (I can play the game alright...) and I can't enable 'Ultra Mode'...is there a reason for this?

I have an Nvidia 680 MX and it does mighty fine with Ultra Mode on Windows.  (I boot camp to play the game normally...but I was curious about the Mac version...)

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Azrael.

PS.  My Mac is an iMac 3.4 gig i7, 8 gig of ram, 680MX 2 gig card.  Like I say, fine for the Boot Camp.  But I thinking it's maybe a GPU driver issue to enable Ultra Mode?

PPS.  Idea.  I wonder if it's anything to do with Mac's Open GL version being ancient?  Or whether updated drivers from Nv' would cure this?  I am running out of date Nv drivers.  But Apple controls this side of things on the Mac side and Open GL has been left to languish for ages.

I'm sure I could enable ultra mode on my older Mac before I bought this one.  I was getting 4 fps. :)  Think that was on live before the pull.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2019, 01:10:33 AM »
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/478807/geforce-mobile-gpus/optimus-with-city-of-heroes/

Looks like it was an issue on the PC side at one point?  Yet, strangely, works fine under Boot Camp.

Azrael.

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2019, 02:45:12 AM »

There's a feud going on between Apple and nVidia, and nVidia is refusing to supply older graphics drivers.  So they don't quite support all of the OpenGL features.

Hello Manga.

My graphics on CoH Mac look 'flat' (I can play the game alright...) and I can't enable 'Ultra Mode'...is there a reason for this?

I have an Nvidia 680 MX and it does mighty fine with Ultra Mode on Windows.  (I boot camp to play the game normally...but I was curious about the Mac version...)

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Azrael.

PS.  My Mac is an iMac 3.4 gig i7, 8 gig of ram, 680MX 2 gig card.  Like I say, fine for the Boot Camp.  But I thinking it's maybe a GPU driver issue to enable Ultra Mode?

PPS.  Idea.  I wonder if it's anything to do with Mac's Open GL version being ancient?  Or whether updated drivers from Nv' would cure this?  I am running out of date Nv drivers.  But Apple controls this side of things on the Mac side and Open GL has been left to languish for ages.

I'm sure I could enable ultra mode on my older Mac before I bought this one.  I was getting 4 fps. :)  Think that was on live before the pull.