Author Topic: Mining the AE  (Read 825 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Mining the AE
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »
After getting my perma party ball from the AE I noticed all kinds of other toys that I never saw up until now. I've been browsing, too, but, logic has failed me.

I already posted this in the Party Ball thread but it's a decent enough tip that it seems worth repeating so here it is. The trick is, instead of specifying levels 0 - 40 in the search engine, try levels 0 - 0.

For example - for loot quality set your search to rare/blue items, for category pick Devices, for level pick 0 - 0. All kinds of toys will appear that you could never find had you specified levels 0 - 40.

This can be handy if you don't know the name of all the toys and want to browse. Specifying rare/unique/etc just narrows things down some which can be handy when you are just browsing and there are over 400 (search engine display limit) items that would pop up on a full list.

This also solved a mystery of why I couldn't find certain items of my own that I put up for auction for another one of my toons to buy (pre-hideout).

Maybe this tip spares someone else some confusion.. Maybe someone finds a new toy! I got some gnashy pets that I can't remember the name of atm and a perma water balloon besides the party ball : ) Saw all kinds of stuff I didn't even know existed.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Mining the AE
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »
Yes. Some items lack a level. Categories get around it, but some newer things do not have a category, so you have to remove the levels to find them.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Mining the AE
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:31:59 PM »
I figured the zero when specifying levels 0 - 40 would cover that! Nope. Had to go 0 - 0.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>