Author Topic: Demorecord in Icon  (Read 2546 times)

SuperNils

• Underling
Demorecord in Icon
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
Hi!

I tried to play back the demos i recorded recently with Icon. It were rather simple and short recordings, but the demoplay just showed me the last image of the video and in one, my character was trembling back and forth. Is this a common issue?
I typed /demorecord Filename and later /demostop
Other demos do work.
I tried to link the shortcut of CoH to the Icon-File, but that did not work :)

Any ideas?

Nils

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
Re: Demorecord in Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
I'm not an expert in these things, but considering all of the fun that's been done under the hood for Icon, I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

You could use it for getting precise coordinates to use for positioning in a demo record via manual editing, but that's probably about it.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:03:41 PM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the demo record functionality amounted to describing the initial state of the demo and then logging the commands received from the server (with minimum additional processing). At least that's what I'd consider would be the most practical and expedient solution if I were to develop such functionality or a MMO.

There's no server in Icon, so there's no command stream to capture either.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

SuperNils

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »
That's good to know, thanks :)