Author Topic: All the Emotes  (Read 2558 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
All the Emotes
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:39:11 PM »
I'm just tossing this out there for anyone that might find it useful.  I have whipped up a popmenu that contains (basically) every animation that could have been invoked as an emote by either the players or the devs.  This doesn't include every animation possible, just the ones that could have been executed as an /e command.  Also, they aren't defined by MOVs, but by their initial sequence bits so this popmenu requires codewalker's 1.71 dev edition (which is linked in the first post of this thread: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8967.msg128042).  This isn't organized in a particularly useful fashion: its organized the way the devs organized them originally.  However, I am reasonably certain this list is a complete list of literal emotes as of Issue 24. 

Someone with more free time than me could use it to cross check other popmenus or fill in some blanks or whatever.  The option name is identical to the original command to invoke the emote (i.e. /e Optionname).  I am still incredibly busy with work but I might find time here and there to do small projects like this.  I have an itch I might want to scratch regarding the powers system.

Anyway, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lex4u1hqshzvfbg/eseq.mnu

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: All the Emotes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »
Awesome, thank you.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:58:58 PM »
Does that include the power animations, Arcana?

*thinks.  If they 'demo' in the character creation menu...surely they could 'appear' in a map zone?  *Unless needed to 'hit a target' is a necessity?  (Which it doesn't appear to be in the demo area?)

Azrael.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:25 PM »
Does that include the power animations, Arcana?
It does not, except where a power animation happened to be reused as an emote (for example, "tarzan").

Basically, if you could /e Something, that something is in there.  Also if the devs could /e Something but it required dev access to do it, its in there.  So it does include some emotes that were only used in content that no player could normally invoke (i.e. RomulusTransformation), but devs could if they were logged into characters with admin rights.

I'm thinking of making one for power animations, but at the moment with the current limitations of Icon you'd only see the animation, not the effects related to it in most cases.  Also, I don't think there's a way for Icon 1.7 to properly draw most weapons for most player powers yet.  I've honestly only just recently started poking around with Icon beyond just flying around with it.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
Neat.

Thanks for this.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Ice Trix