Author Topic: Roles/Builds  (Read 725 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Roles/Builds
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
I finally came up with a toon (after just 2 slots but many retcons) that is actually utilizing more than 2 or 3 build slots.

In Alerts I almost always tank with him and that is his design. (Build 1)

If someone else wants to tank I switch from a Defense Passive to an Offense Passive in either Ranged or Melee Role (Builds 2 & 3) and deal decent dps and maybe do some offtanking & cc.

When I Gravi I may run in Hybrid Offense Passive mode (Build 4).

In Andrith I had good luck going in Hybrid Defense Passive mode (Build 5).

When his gear and build and my practice with him is more solid I want to try tanking Gravi's again. I've contributed to some wins in Tank role but I couldn't hold agro and I was pretty glad at the time so I've left this tough Gravi role to the better geared/tuned pros for now.

It might be useful to add a build or two that swaps out gear, too. Not got that far yet. For example I have Dex as a SS but I don't have any gear with points in it due to his primary thing is being Tanky with Str & Con. I could dump a bunch of Con for Dex (Build 6) on those runs where we just need raw deeps.

I've tried running Kos in some different builds but I always end up going back to the same 2. Support Role - defense mode w/Aura of Give everyone dmg resistance, or, Support - offense mode w/Aura of Give everyone + dmg. Whether he teams or is solo. And they work perfectly, no desire for more. To this point anyway!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>