Author Topic: New Tear R.I.P. CoH/CoV  (Read 11881 times)

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
Re: New Tear R.I.P. CoH/CoV
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »
Thanks Felderburg! It's been forever since I've built a wiki page, otherwise I'd have helped out. I have other learning curves I'm dealing with presently and not much spare time.

There might be other relevant stuff from the old forums buried in Archive.org's Wayback Machine. I have been diving in there from time to time. If memory serves me right, you now have all the major collections of dev comments accounted for*. But I'll let you know if I see anything else. :)

*Edit: with regard to lore Q&As. Which reminds me. If the community wants another AMA from Posi this year, we are going to have to show him somehow.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:42:44 PM by Captain Electric »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »
I didn't actually see the link to the second Loregasm up there, so: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11bjjR2rdP9Kbe8baODElUQGRxNTTlj_b5PVqCdNXJ8o/edit

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
Yeah, I only put the article in my last post. The wiki page has the links, and now the full content.

As far as things from the forums, the Canon Fodder thread was already on the wiki, and I don't really feel like going through the archives on the hope that there may be some sort of Lore snippet hidden somewhere. Someone else may, but that is not for me.

And speaking of showing Posi we want a new one, how about this: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9602
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:10:58 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
There might be other relevant stuff from the old forums buried in Archive.org's Wayback Machine. I have been diving in there from time to time. If memory serves me right, you now have all the major collections of dev comments accounted for*.

*Edit: with regard to lore Q&As.

While not specifically lore-related, I did create wiki pages for The Intrepid Informer, State of the Game addresses, and Dev Diaries and Q&A Interviews while going through the Web Archive a couple months ago. I plan to finish going back in time with the links I can find, but have been sidetracked with other stuff for a bit.

Devil_Boy

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »
Jeeeezz .. thanks Felderburg and Captain Electric for all this reading ..CoH/V reading > work .. haha can't get enough.

I really like the game universe and its history. I use the word like in its present tense because I'm not done with it. I will always find ways to return to my characters or to the world of Primal Earth however I can, whether through short stories, pen and paper games, player-created content in other games, and remaking my characters in games like Heroes and Villains, Valiance Online, and City of Titans.

I remember the night that I first installed the trial for City of Heroes, I started reading that history section while the game was downloading. I couldn't stop reading; then I read the other sections for lore like Geography and Know Your Adversary. I kept reading even after the game had finished updating. I was fully sucked into the game world before I ever logged in. And during that first year, I created and met characters who became more exciting to me than any major comic book character out there. The City of Heroes universe remains my favorite comic book universe.

I really enjoyed reading all of this too. I immersed myself into a creation world every time I made a new character making sure their stories and powers fit into the lore it was exciting to me (minus the lack of actual playing due to the time spent on the creation).

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 12:20:41 AM »
I never found an acceptable substitute for CoH--though I admit I didn't look all that hard--and even lost my taste for LOTRO, which I dabbled with occasionally prior to August 2012.  If I can't play CoH, it seems I prefer playing Sid Myers' Civilization, or else doing something non-game, like reading.  I know we each cope differently, so I hope whatever is you're doing is working well, even if it is not what I'm doing.  While I still want our game back and the entire community able to enjoy CoH together again, I remain glad to see so many fans active (or at least semi-active) here.  While I had hoped we'd have CoH restored in 6-12 months, I still feel optimism that in time we'll have it back.  My optimism may be unwarranted, but it's how I feel.   Hoping everyone is doing well and feeling as good as possible. 

/em holdtorch
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 06:47:44 AM »
A reminder, a ghost of the site, functional in most respects, still exists

http://www.cityofheroes.ca

Forum Joined
Thank you, Eoraptor.
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."