Community > Task Force Hail Mary

New efforts!

(1/5831) > >>

Ironwolf:

Omega Mark V:
Sounds like something, at least.

I have been sort of 'hovering' anonymously over the forums the past few months, looking for a news update in the "TF Hail mary" forums, so I thought I'd give my thoughts.

If we can show that people are willing to play the game again on a non-profit basis, I would not see why NCSoft wouldn't re-host the game again, or allow the players to have the source code to host it themselves. If it's all non profit, there usually is no harm done.

Getting CoH back, for me personally, would be the icing on the cake with all of the new indie super hero MMO's that got their start from our game's closure.

Thanks for bringing initiative back to the table, Ironwolf. ;)

alphajaybo:
I think going with the most honest and genuine attitude is probably our best bet. I have simply given up hope of a company picking up CoH, If we are going to do anything it should be to try and deal with ncsoft directly. Going behind their backs is probably going to make them even more hell bent on not giving CoH up!

Ironwolf:
I was considering a "Not for Profit" model. That means you can make minimal money as you use the money to pay for hosting servers and for Development work once the game is up and going.

This is not just "my game" it is OUR game. Personally I think it is time for such an attempt. It has been a year and the game is long gone and for most gamers completely off their radar. I am coming to the community and asking should we try this? I could in no way do this alone and I would not want to. I want others from the community to share in trying yet again to shrug off despair and dare to hope.

Let us once more try to be heroes - it's what we do.

NightWolf:
I'm really curious if NCsoft is open for these kind of discussions / offers and if you are able to get in contact with them at all.  Are they still waiting for an offer that they would be okay with? Do they have secret plans for the game themselves? Do they want to keep it off the market permanently? I wonder what they would really want in return for City of Heroes....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version