Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7274419 times)

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #21460 on: December 30, 2015, 03:33:58 PM »
I loved novas. Everyone I know hated those except an Energy/Energy Blaster I used to team with on my Dark/Ice Defender. We saved that one council farming mission (long map with all the clickies) and used to take PUGS in with us to run it. Wasn't a "farm" for us, and we made the PUGs contriute, but they were always amazed when we asked any who had a nuke to let us know when it was up. I could control most of the mob from hitting them with fear, immobs, and to hit debuffs and let them buff up before blowing their top. We loved taking defenders/blasters/corruptors with us. Made that mission so much fun.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21461 on: December 30, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
Oh yeah. I was gonna Perma Energize big time..

I was already approaching +200% global recharge before I24.  I was trying to perma power bolt  :P

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21462 on: December 30, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »
I loved novas.

True story.  The day I dinged 32 I slotted Nova, flew to Steel Canyon, dropped onto a rooftop, boom!  Rooftop: boom!  Rooftop: boom!  The weather report that day was explody with a chance for CoT, becoming increasingly clockwork in the evening.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21463 on: December 30, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »
I loved novas. Everyone I know hated those except an Energy/Energy Blaster I used to team with on my Dark/Ice Defender. We saved that one council farming mission (long map with all the clickies) and used to take PUGS in with us to run it. Wasn't a "farm" for us, and we made the PUGs contriute, but they were always amazed when we asked any who had a nuke to let us know when it was up. I could control most of the mob from hitting them with fear, immobs, and to hit debuffs and let them buff up before blowing their top. We loved taking defenders/blasters/corruptors with us. Made that mission so much fun.

I loved Nova's too.  A lot of people did seem to hate them though.  And a bad blaster would use it wrong and just spread out all the baddies, I could see how that is annoying if you don't have all ranged attacks.  But a good blaster. Well, then there was only corpses being flung away.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21464 on: December 30, 2015, 11:16:01 PM »
I was already approaching +200% global recharge before I24.  I was trying to perma power bolt  :P

Bah.

Azrael.

worldweary

• Boss
« Reply #21465 on: December 30, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »
I'll never understand all the hate KB had.It's not like you had to get up from your chair and go get them. ;D

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21466 on: December 30, 2015, 11:55:30 PM »
I heard it was because many scrapper types had a target locked and auto run to target on. That meant after the bad guy was scattered, they automatically started running toward where they got KB'd to. Was funny to me.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21467 on: December 30, 2015, 11:59:24 PM »

I tried making a perma Blaze built that was functional for my Mind/Fire, but couldn't do even with 221.25% Rech. The best I got to functional was 2.92 seconds with a 1 second cast time. Although I did get flare perma with a recharge of .82 sec with a cast time of 1 second.

Edit: forgot to turn on the Paragon Agility Flares was .75 sec rech and Blaze was 2.73 seconds. Still not 1 seconds for Blaze, but still slightly faster xD
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:07:18 AM by MM3squints »

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21468 on: December 31, 2015, 12:05:15 AM »
I'll never understand all the hate KB had.It's not like you had to get up from your chair and go get them. ;D
it was really bad to a tank in granite. having a group go flying away and not being able to run to them was irritating. I generally stopped taunting after the third of fourth group that happened to. if you killed them all, good for you, if they were still alive you would  often face plant. KB was a 2 edged sword. it could be great or it could be horrible

worldweary

• Boss
« Reply #21469 on: December 31, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
Tanks had taunt which means the bad guys come to them.Any over the taunt cap could be taken care of by the rest of the team.I understand what some of you are saying but tanks and scrappers did not have to kill everything.If something was blasted away from the group(unless you are an all tank or scrapper team)let
others take care of it.If they die a lot they will learn faster. ;D

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #21470 on: December 31, 2015, 12:36:28 AM »
It depends on if you were the tank or another melee class, I hated when some one would use kb then say deal with it and chose another target and just to have  that target kb'ed. Another problem would be getting yelled at when all on the team died and I was still alive.

Precisely, Ivan, after getting yelled at, and other problems, I started to not protect those who used kb, if they wanted to use those powers then deal with the consequences or  heroics.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #21471 on: December 31, 2015, 12:50:09 AM »
I hated when some one would use kb then say deal with it and chose another target and just to have  that target kb'ed.
See, this I can understand, because KBing one target then switching to another target and KBing the new target before the old target is dead is just stupid... Not to mention rude to the Melee.
Of course, if I had a toon with powers that had even a chance to KB a target, then I'd focus on one target so that I don't make problems for the Melee by making all the targets fly away, Granted, that's rather hard to do if there's only one baddie left, but at that point, that's okay because it's just one baddie versus multiple baddies

(On a side note, I have a really bad urge to start quoting Sergeant Major Avery Johnson, aka Sergeant Johnson, and his speech from the beginning of Halo Combat Evolved that differs in what is said depending on what difficulty the Player is on... Legendary has the best speech :P )

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21472 on: December 31, 2015, 12:53:11 AM »

Fun experiment. Was able to do it but it wouldn't be cheap. 185 global got it to .97s. All I had to do was take the nrg/nrg build i had sitting around and gimp myself from 33 ranged def down to 21 (no problem, just carry medium purples) and lose a bit of hp/regen here and there. Would probably be much easier if I started from scratch but meh.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21473 on: December 31, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »
I hated Pb's and warshades. They both had MASSIVE endurance issues in human form, even if I turned of shields that were not needed

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21474 on: December 31, 2015, 01:11:11 AM »
I hated Pb's and warshades. They both had MASSIVE endurance issues in human form, even if I turned of shields that were not needed
Slot that Resistance set that had +Endurance in it, IMPERVIUM ARMOR. 4 slotted and you could do that like 3 or 4 times and get really decent resistances while having nice Endurance/Recovery too.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21475 on: December 31, 2015, 01:18:01 AM »

impervium armor IO's could easily help with that.  Plus Cardiac T4 Core in the Alpha slot.

Also once PB's had Light form altered and could make perma charge light form that also helped.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21476 on: December 31, 2015, 01:32:27 AM »
Who here was hoping that the INCARNATE stuff would have been the ability to unlock more Slots for your powers...either more that you could get to 6 slotted or even the ability to make a few of them 7 slots?!? Would have loved to see what people did with 6 slots in EVERY power they had. Builds would have been nuts.

Primus1

• Minion
« Reply #21477 on: December 31, 2015, 02:19:10 AM »
Sighhhh......

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21478 on: December 31, 2015, 02:29:08 AM »

I ran an all human PB and never had massive endurance issues. And I never had the shields. Most massive endurance issues I have seen people have is because they dont slot end reduction into their attacks.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21479 on: December 31, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »
Who here was hoping that the INCARNATE stuff would have been the ability to unlock more Slots for your powers...either more that you could get to 6 slotted or even the ability to make a few of them 7 slots?!? Would have loved to see what people did with 6 slots in EVERY power they had. Builds would have been nuts.

They tried adding extra slot.. They couldnt do it.. it broke things..

But the incarnate stuff itself shored up a lot of things with some of my builds.. allowed me to add little things onto others to round them out nicely...

Plus I wouldnt want that many slots. I find its pretty good to make tough choices on builds..