Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210756 times)

Surelle

Re: New efforts!
« Reply #25060 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:13 AM »
Every day we learn that the number of days that will pass before we hear official news is one higher than previously thought.

Ha ha, I like that one a lot!   ;D

Surelle

« Reply #25061 on: June 29, 2016, 03:31:17 AM »

Its been over a year since we have had any news on this at all, do we know anything new?

Remember, by rights we shouldn't "know" anything; a Facebook dude who someone in-the-know leaked information to started making public threats about revealing the whole deal if Team Hail Mary didn't come forth and do it first.  Nate's back was to the wall.  He doesn't owe us any explanations or information, ever.

Please do sign up for the "Wake me up if there's ever real news" thread that is stickied at the top of this forum.  Then...draw your own conclusions after that.   :) 

Meanwhile, have you tried Paragon Chat?  Little things are always getting added to it; it's come a ways since its debut, and there's a July 4th weekend party going on this Saturday, July 2nd, in-game.  I hope to see you there!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25062 on: June 29, 2016, 06:36:49 AM »
Remember, by rights we shouldn't "know" anything; a Facebook dude who someone in-the-know leaked information to started making public threats about revealing the whole deal if Team Hail Mary didn't come forth and do it first.  Nate's back was to the wall.  He doesn't owe us any explanations or information, ever.

Please do sign up for the "Wake me up if there's ever real news" thread that is stickied at the top of this forum.  Then...draw your own conclusions after that.   :) 

Meanwhile, have you tried Paragon Chat?  Little things are always getting added to it; it's come a ways since its debut, and there's a July 4th weekend party going on this Saturday, July 2nd, in-game.  I hope to see you there!
Snarky aren't you...

Surelle

« Reply #25063 on: June 29, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »
Snarky aren't you...

Not at all.  Perhaps you're reading a bad attitude into it because you're disappointed that there's no completed deal for CoX.  However, the facts are the facts.  Just because you don't like those facts doesn't make them any less true.  We shouldn't even know anything about any deal attempt, except there were inappropriate information leaks and a CoH Facebook mod who got a little too publicly pushy.  If that hadn't happened, this thread, with its many people over the past couple years getting annoyed or upset because "it's been so long without any word" wouldn't exist, and honestly there'd be less stress within the CoX community all around.

The "Wake me if there's any real news" signup sticky ensures that people just dropping in and out of CoHTitan won't miss any happenings if there ever are any.  Meanwhile, Paragon Chat is around and making progress.  People who just stop by once or twice aren't likely to know it even exists.  Most MMO gamers from shuttered games have nothing.  At least we have this.  It's worth trying.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:04:25 PM by Surelle »

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25064 on: June 29, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »
We shouldn't even know anything about any deal attempt

I can agree with this. It is logical.

But, sometimes, I'm not at all logical, which makes no sense to me, other than I'm human.

So, I choose to discount this part because it helps my feeling of entitlement to information.

I mean, we haz interwebz! We should know everything. Even how to use Z's when S's are zuppozed to be uzed. (So funny that they auto-correct to the right way until I go back over them)

In all seriousness, or at least some seriousness - I have to continually remind me of the phrase "It's none of your business". And literally, CoH is not my business. If I were to work hard, achieve some level of financial success, I could make it my business - but every thing I hear tells me that as much as people loved the game, it might make me some money, but not as much as other ventures would. Gratitude and undying fealty certainly have their value, but it wouldn't necessarily return the resources spent to "make it my business".

Frankly, I've always been one to speak ...a bit unfiltered - particularly in game. I always felt so much bigger being 7 foot tall with a cape. Unstoppable. It's a wonder someone didn't hunt me down in real life and kill me.

Some of you I miss, most of you I never knew. But, man, I miss this game.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Serena

• Underling
« Reply #25065 on: June 29, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »
Ncsoft is trolling you hardcore. You really still believe after all this time that they give a **** about completing this deal? They were having a PR nightmare and this whole thing was to shut people up and stop people from spamming ncsofts twitter, facebook pages and mail boxes with complaints and threats.

Ed. Note: The word filter has been shut off.  Please avoid the use of severe profanity. -Tahquitz
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:52:25 PM by Tahquitz »
You have not, because you try not.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25066 on: June 29, 2016, 04:20:17 PM »
Ncsoft is trolling you hardcore. You really still believe after all this time that they give a **** about completing this deal? They were having a PR nightmare and this whole thing was to shut people up and stop people from spamming ncsofts twitter, facebook pages and mail boxes with complaints and threats.
I prefer to be a cup-half-full person, glad we have Paragon Chat to play around in, and truly hopeful that at some point in the future, we'll hear that someone -- Nate's team, or another -- will finally manage to buy the rights to COH.  I'm far happier as an optimist than as a pessimist.   :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:43:54 PM by Tahquitz »

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #25067 on: June 29, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »

We dont know that. Could be so or not. All we know is that some people really tried(tries) to get the game back.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:39:07 PM by Tahquitz »

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25068 on: June 29, 2016, 07:06:59 PM »

They might have very little interest in finalising a deal, but that hardly means they've got some super secret campaign they've put they're best minds on so they could troll the community of a long dead MMO just so they get just a little less spam than they usually deal with.

Ed. Note: The word filter has been shut off.  Please avoid the use of severe profanity, yes, even in acronym form. -Tahquitz
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:52:44 PM by Tahquitz »

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #25069 on: June 29, 2016, 07:19:18 PM »
Oh, goodie it is that time of the month, doom, doom, doom, doom. Deal not done so Nc. Soft is trolling. Blah Blah Blah.
I tend to think that every day, the deal might be getting worked on, fleshed out. Truth be told even if it takes 4 more years, I will still enjoy playing once again.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25070 on: June 29, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »
I will say that, losing hope is what the real trolls want us to do.  I say, we spit in there faces and keep on hoping.

Hope is what drives Task Force Hail Mary.

Hope is why we have a game City of Titans in development....
....And Valiance online...
...Even....Heroes and Villains.

The only day we truly lose, is if we give up hope.

And as long as we keep hoping, we keep winning.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25071 on: June 29, 2016, 11:14:45 PM »
I will say that, losing hope is what the real trolls want us to do.  I say, we spit in there faces and keep on hoping.

Hope is what drives Task Force Hail Mary.

Hope is why we have a game City of Titans in development....
....And Valiance online...
...Even....Heroes and Villains.

The only day we truly lose, is if we give up hope.

And as long as we keep hoping, we keep winning.

Hope springs eternal.

Azrael.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25072 on: June 29, 2016, 11:50:22 PM »

People still believe this conspiracy theory?  I know I shouldn't be surprised by any conspiracy theory these days, but thinking that NCSoft tried to get good publicity by engaging in discussions no one was talking about doesn't just strain credulity, it snaps it explosively.

People do know what "publicity" is, right?  There's no such thing as "secret publicity."

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25073 on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:39 AM »
There's no such thing as "secret publicity."

but it'd make a fine SG name

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #25074 on: June 30, 2016, 01:37:28 AM »
People still believe this conspiracy theory?  I know I shouldn't be surprised by any conspiracy theory these days, but thinking that NCSoft tried to get good publicity by engaging in discussions no one was talking about doesn't just strain credulity, it snaps it explosively.

Obviously they must have planned it from the start, insisting that Nate keep things quiet while knowing that the people he trusted could never keep a lid on something like that.

/ncsoft plot

/mustache twirl

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #25075 on: June 30, 2016, 01:56:10 AM »
Obviously they must have planned it from the start, insisting that Nate keep things quiet while knowing that the people he trusted could never keep a lid on something like that.

/ncsoft plot

/mustache twirl

Don't be silly. Obviously the leaker was part of a NCSoft false flag operation. /tinfoil hat

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25076 on: June 30, 2016, 02:41:03 AM »

/ncsoft plot

/mustache twirl

At the risk of kicking off another comedy based tangent...

"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25077 on: June 30, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »
You didn't hear it from me.
enough said.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25078 on: June 30, 2016, 02:58:23 AM »

/ncsoft plot

/mustache twirl

NCSoft exec Alex: So I've been thinking about the publicity problem we have with City of Heroes.

NCSoft exec Bob: What publicity problem?  I thought we shut that game down a couple years ago.

NCSoft exec Alex: Exactly.

NCSoft exec Bob: Exactly what?

NCSoft exec Alex: So what I was thinking was, we could solve our problem by reaching out to the community.

NCSoft exec Bob: What community?  What are we talking about again?

NCSoft exec Alex: See, I think we should approach someone about buying the City of Heroes property.

NCSoft exec Bob: Is it for sale?

NCSoft exec Alex: Nope.

NCSoft exec Bob: I'm going to lunch now Alex.

NCSoft exec Alex: No wait, stay with me.  We don't need to actually sell it, we just need to pretend to sell it, and that will generate all kinds of good publicity for us.

NCSoft exec Bob: But won't that backfire when people find out we're not really serious about selling?

NCSoft exec Alex: That's the beauty of my plan.  No one will find out we're not serious, because we're going to force the buyers to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

NCSoft exec Bob: So they can't say anything about the negotiations.

NCSoft exec Alex: Right!   So no matter how much we string them along, no one will ever find out about it, so we can't get any blowback.

NCSoft exec Bob: You do see a flaw with this plan, right?

NCSoft exec Alex: I know what you're going to say.  If no one can talk about the negotiations, how are we going to get any good publicity from them?  Am I right?

NCSoft exec Bob: It does seem rather challenging.

NCSoft exec Alex: That's the brilliant part.  We'll make sure to pick unreliable people to negotiate with, and they'll leak news of the negotiations.

NCSoft exec Bob: I see.

NCSoft exec Alex: And then we sit back and let the good publicity roll on in.

NCSoft exec Bob: I see.

NCSoft exec Alex: What do you think?

NCSoft exec Chuck: Hey Bob, ready for lunch?

NCSoft exec Bob: Almost.  Hey you ever see the movie Robocop?

NCSoft exec Chuck: Original or remake?

NCSoft exec Bob: Original.

NCSoft exec Chuck: Sure.

NCSoft exec Bob: You remember that scene where they were introducing ED-209 to the executives in the board room?

NCSoft exec Chuck: How could I forget.

NCSoft exec Bob: We don't have a development group working on one of those do we?

NCSoft exec Chuck: Don't think so, why do you ask?

NCSoft exec Bob: No reason.  Alex, you should present that idea of yours to the higher-ups.  Let me know how that goes.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #25079 on: June 30, 2016, 09:45:36 AM »
Now I'm imagining something along these lines, written in crayon:

NCSoft's Foolproof plan of Making a Foolproof Profit Foolprooflessly:
Step 1: Raise hopes by dangling a dead game over it's dwindling fanbase's heads for years, but don't let them talk about it.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit!