Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7282121 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #26840 on: March 03, 2017, 05:49:03 AM »
Then drop the second and last letter of each word on the list. . .

No, ha-ha, no don't do that, ha-ha, that's non-sense, ha-ha.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26841 on: March 03, 2017, 06:23:57 AM »
Also what happens when you are a supergenius caterpillar on the remake of Voltron.  I was surprised how much I enjoyed that show.  I wish the caterpillar guy were in it more though.  He was funny.

Paragon Avenger
S.C.o.R.E-acle for Titan Network
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #26842 on: March 03, 2017, 03:44:09 PM »
He just happens to see EVERY timeline for every potential universe.  So its a guessing game which one is our universe.

Also what happens when you are a supergenius caterpillar...

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #26843 on: March 04, 2017, 12:21:20 AM »
Also what happens when you are a supergenius caterpillar on the remake of Voltron.  I was surprised how much I enjoyed that show.  I wish the caterpillar guy were in it more though.  He was funny.

Wasn't there a supergenius caterpillar that battled Captain Marvel aka SHAZAM! as well?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26844 on: March 04, 2017, 12:45:06 AM »
Wasn't there a supergenius caterpillar that battled Captain Marvel aka SHAZAM! as well?

Yep, Mr. Mind. He'd hold you hypnotized, you're mesmerized. His flames the flames that kiss you dead.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26845 on: March 04, 2017, 02:11:20 AM »
Paragon Avenger is actually an all powerful seer.  What he is saying is 100% true, he just happens to see EVERY timeline for every potential universe.

Paragon Avenger is even more powerful than that, because lots of the stuff he says would be gibberish in every possible universe.  So clearly he is even capable of channeling impossible universes.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26846 on: March 04, 2017, 02:13:54 AM »
So yesterday I got sucked into a discussion about a diminishing returns system in a mobile game.  A mobile game I started playing casually so I wouldn't get sucked into over-analyzing a regular MMO.

I'm hopeless.

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #26847 on: March 04, 2017, 02:30:24 AM »
The NDA is apparently so strict that they're (a) not allowed to talk or even hint about the existence of the discussions, even if they've ended; and (b) not even allowed to talk or even hint about the existence of the NDA itself.

I question the need for it to be that strict.

NCSoft trying to cover their massive dickishness...?

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #26848 on: March 04, 2017, 02:35:10 AM »
It seems to me a lot of people are forgetting Nate, Iron Wolf, and crew don't owe any of us anything.  They did this out of the love for their game and to try and get it back for us.  It was very obvious from within the first 6 months of this deal that you shouldn't be holding your breath and it was out on a whim.  They aren't responsible for people putting all their eggs in one basket, it was obivious it was a long shot.  They may be under NDA, the talks may have ended, or the talks may have just been stalled to the point where its not called off but not openly being discussed anymore either.

There could be multiple reasons they haven't said anything.  Nate was bullied into releasing the information we have now and if he wasn't you would barely know whats going on.  Both him and Iron Wolf have been harassed in private messages.  Nate is hounded and demanded to work for us by people who aren't paying him or contributing themselves.  And we wonder why they won't say anything even if they can?  Look how they are being treated for the most successful effort yet and devoting their own free time and money to this effort.

If it really bothers you this much, get involved your self instead of just holding your breath.  But to hound, accuse, and focus your frustrations on the people trying to help - that just isn't fair

1) I am not saying they're "owed" anything. Just an "it would be nice if we heard some signs of life now and then".

2) Any internet endeavor is going to have a handful of assholes popping up to give grief. Just the way it is. Not saying it's right or excusable, just that there's no avoiding it.

3) I hope you're not accusing me of hounding. This thread in general, I don't see any hounding. Someone pops up every few weeks at most to express frustration at the silence, but even that is pretty light handed. I can't speak for what goes on in the PMs, though.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26849 on: March 04, 2017, 07:19:26 AM »
Ok, this Paragon Avenger character obvisously is trying to help.  Everybody is wanting news about the deal.  A progress report.  At the very least a, 'hey everybody, guess what, we're still alive' every few weeks.  This Paragon Avenger character fullfills that niche.  So if you were wondering if there is any news about the deal, wham!  A Pantless Avenger report.  Now if you are like so many others who want accurate information about this and that, keep in mind that the report is brought to you by a guy not wearing his pants. 

Unlike other posters who postulate theories about time travel or getting around the copyright law, this Paragon Avenger tries to color within the lines.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26850 on: March 04, 2017, 10:48:31 PM »
Paragon Avenger is even more powerful than that, because lots of the stuff he says would be gibberish in every possible universe.  So clearly he is even capable of channeling impossible universes.

That's true..........my god........

Ok, this Paragon Avenger character obvisously is trying to help.  Everybody is wanting news about the deal.  A progress report.  At the very least a, 'hey everybody, guess what, we're still alive' every few weeks.  This Paragon Avenger character fullfills that niche.  So if you were wondering if there is any news about the deal, wham!  A Pantless Avenger report.  Now if you are like so many others who want accurate information about this and that, keep in mind that the report is brought to you by a guy not wearing his pants. 

Unlike other posters who postulate theories about time travel or getting around the copyright law, this Paragon Avenger tries to color within the lines.

I like your updates, never underestimate the power of a Pantless Avenger.

Wait that is really a thing in Voltron?  That is pretty cool

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #26851 on: March 05, 2017, 06:10:22 AM »

Wait that is really a thing in Voltron?  That is pretty cool

Yep.  He is only in it for a few episodes, maybe even just 2, but he is pretty damn funy, especially when they first rescue him.  And the rest of the team's reactions to him make it even better.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the reboot.  I enjoyed it quite a bit. Almost nothing like the old show, but they did leave in lots of nods to the old show, which was cool.  Hearing infracells up, dynotherms connected made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26852 on: March 05, 2017, 09:53:27 PM »
Yep.  He is only in it for a few episodes, maybe even just 2, but he is pretty damn funy, especially when they first rescue him.  And the rest of the team's reactions to him make it even better.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the reboot.  I enjoyed it quite a bit. Almost nothing like the old show, but they did leave in lots of nods to the old show, which was cool.  Hearing infracells up, dynotherms connected made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

The new Voltron reboot seems to be more of a reboot of Beast King GOLION, the cartoon that was converted into Voltron along with Armored Fleet Dairugger 15 (vehicle Voltron).  Terms like Galra and Altea are from GoLion along with the fact that the lions are at least semi sentient, then they throw some elements of Voltron into it as well.

Coran being such a goofball in the new Voltron I could kind of do with out.

The alien caterpillar they rescued was hilarious.

Also it's nice in this reboot that the colors of their uniforms match their lions unlike GoLion/Voltron :)

I look forward to Season 3.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26853 on: March 06, 2017, 04:00:44 AM »
Also it's nice in this reboot that the colors of their uniforms match their lions unlike GoLion/Voltron :)
For now, anyway.  I have little doubt that Shiro will - for one reason or another - not be piloting the black lion forever.  That's when we'll probably see Keith step into the black lion wearing his red uniform, Lance step into the red lion wearing his blue uniform, and Allura step into the blue lion in the pink and blue suit she's been wearing while piloting the castle.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26854 on: March 06, 2017, 04:43:59 AM »
For now, anyway.  I have little doubt that Shiro will - for one reason or another - not be piloting the black lion forever.  That's when we'll probably see Keith step into the black lion wearing his red uniform, Lance step into the red lion wearing his blue uniform, and Allura step into the blue lion in the pink and blue suit she's been wearing while piloting the castle.

Couldn't they just, I don't know, re-paint the lions?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26855 on: March 06, 2017, 04:57:11 AM »
They don't have big enough plastic sheets to cover the sweet custom hangars.

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #26856 on: March 06, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »
Which, as most of us know, is why the lions and pilots from the original Voltron didn't match.  Except in the original version Shiro dies right at the beginning.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26857 on: March 06, 2017, 08:51:33 PM »
I don't know, wearing a uniform that matches your airplane, that's like wearing "Corvette" clothing while driving a corvette.  It seems wrong somehow.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #26858 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:50 AM »

I kinda don't think they'll go that way. The showrunners have thrown plenty of bones to fans of the original, but have clearly signaled a willingness to go their own way rather than be tied to it - a very good thing IMO.

There are a lot of in-universe reasons for Allura not to pilot a lion. She's already a strong leader figure - way more than the original. The castle is a formidable fighting machine of its own right, giving her plenty of opportunity to be badass without having to fly a lion. I'm still hoping that multi-strike scene from the title sequence is a sleeper and will show up eventually, much like the one with Shiro's bayard being activated that didn't appear until the very end of Season 2. Finally, she's the only one who can operate the wormhole generator, something they've needed more than once in combat situations.

I think we'll see a mini-arc with Keith stepping into the leader role, but Shiro will eventually come back. They might put Allura in the blue (or red) lion's pilot seat for an episode or two as a throwback, but I don't expect it to be long-lasting. Who else could step in? Coran perhaps, but the red lion has already rejected him once so it's doubtful. Slav? Would be hilarious, but equally unlikely. The Blade of Marmora's leader is a strong possibility, especially in terms of drama due to Allura's deep mistrust of all Galra...

Anyway, maybe we should start a separate thread. :)

rkcdan

• Underling
« Reply #26859 on: March 08, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
They say the sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I must be as loony as they come because I come to these forums day after day expecting to see a different result.