Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7212394 times)

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27640 on: May 30, 2017, 05:18:28 AM »
Chatterbox is a character name i never used, but would work for a Kin/Sonic.
Oh, i'm confident we'll have something (or multiple somethings) in the relatively near future, including the possibility of the original CoH being playable, but not necessarily this year.

I GUESS that cover isn't a genuine Marvel variant?  Or is it?  Not seeing evidence of it online?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27641 on: May 30, 2017, 07:51:38 AM »
I GUESS that cover isn't a genuine Marvel variant?  Or is it?  Not seeing evidence of it online?

Pretty sure there's a rule for Marvel #1 covers akin to rule 34.

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27642 on: May 30, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #27643 on: June 01, 2017, 12:02:58 AM »
The artist buys blanks and then does commission work on them. 

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27644 on: June 01, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »
problem with paragon chat is that besides the character creation, it's nothing that I played CoH for

it's great for all the roleplayer folks but everything I loved about the game lies in its combat

not that it's particularly deep or anything but forming a team and tackling trials and the sheer number of particle effects being thrown around, the sound design and the atmosphere of the fight versus a big bad boss, BAF trials especially were a spectacle to be witnessed.

even just people pulling out their pets and passive abilities in atlas plaza was fun to see

creating missions in architect

talking to folks while grinding and power levelling

none of that is in paragon chat or any other MMO

Agreed!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27645 on: June 01, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
Agreed!

What I miss in CoH most, isn't so much the grinding but how in Roleplaying, if it was AE, well I could play against the random number god.  Inspirations could be saved or stockpiled, buffs and debuffs could make a team better and weaken enemies ect.  There was still strategy to the gameplay that, I just don't feel when I try roleplaying in paragon chat with some people and the dice rolls.  Course I can also say there are times I feel I don't enjoy rping with a fair number these days(There are those I do enjoy rpin with, and I say it's great fun).

I think what I miss a lot regarding that?  Diversity, there isn't a lot if any in paragon chat, because there isn't as many people playing.  On paragon chat I sometimes feel that it's starting to suffer the dreaded "community is to small" syndrome, in which a community gets so small people's major problems stick out far more, and the closed-mindedness you begin to see rears it's ugly head far more.  I'll give my favorite example of this from another series: The unreal franchise.

One time when Unreal Tournament 3 was in development a screenshot was released of Malcolm holding the new rocket launcher, which had 3 separate small round rocket launch tubes.  This was in contrast to a similar looking rocket launcher in the released earlier Unreal Championship 2, the only difference was the rocket launch tubes were rectangular.  Players complained about the change in appearance.  You have to remember the unreal community at that point had shrunk so small you saw the most narrow minded members remaining.

Players complained.....about a single insignificant change in the appearance of ONE weapon.

A lack of diversity imo, it breeds narrow mindedness.  I'm feeling that way a little about paragon chat, there are a lot of magic and paramilitary themed characters, but you don't see anything like mad science, or tech-heavy.  Heck I feel I don't even see proper natural toons comparable to batman(or Manticore).  You see a few, but they are few and far between.  There is little diversity though, and it hurts the rp community I feel.  When the game was back there were way more people rping and a far better variety of toons, go figure.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #27646 on: June 01, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »
A lack of diversity imo, it breeds narrow mindedness.  I'm feeling that way a little about paragon chat, there are a lot of magic and paramilitary themed characters, but you don't see anything like mad science, or tech-heavy.  Heck I feel I don't even see proper natural toons comparable to batman(or Manticore).  You see a few, but they are few and far between.  There is little diversity though, and it hurts the rp community I feel.  When the game was back there were way more people rping and a far better variety of toons, go figure.

We must be on at different times, cuz I see the opposite. But it doesn't bother me.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27647 on: June 02, 2017, 05:53:16 AM »
Actually, we can access the Mission Architect editor with Paragon Chat and create stuff. We just can't play it. :roll:

Believe me that if we ever get the game back, there will be a quickly written "PENGUIN, Part 5: Waddle Home."

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #27648 on: June 02, 2017, 06:28:22 AM »
Believe me that if we ever get the game back, there will be a quickly written "PENGUIN, Part 5: Waddle Home."

Believe me I'd be the first to try it out  ;)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27649 on: June 02, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »

An AE mission to kill Waddle?  Count me in.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27650 on: June 02, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
We must be on at different times, cuz I see the opposite. But it doesn't bother me.

I more speak of the roleplayers who hang out on paragon chat tbh.  You see diversity of toon themes in cape radio parties and whatnot, but there seems to be little in pocket D rp IMO.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27651 on: June 02, 2017, 08:29:34 PM »
Yeah, the cape parties are the norm I would tend to agree.

Although, I do a fair amount of RPing while there and at Atlas Park.

I think it may be the mood of the peeps or perhaps their comfort with RPing that is the challenge.
I seem to get about a 40% chance to spark off an RP session when I walk up randomly to a group.
The other 60% people just want to hang and play with their digital dolls. :)

All conjecture of course, I didn't take a poll or anything.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #27652 on: June 02, 2017, 10:35:00 PM »

I stopped going into PC to RP.  Last time I was I went to one of the PD dances with Cape Radio playing, a girl  dancing made a comment about "mundanes should not be here" (or something like that).  I don't know if she was snubbing my simple attire (fairly plain; not overly tall or short, no tails, no big ears, no stripes, or spikes, or plaids or goofy colored hair) or maybe it was a general comment but it ran sour to me. I don't need that attitude.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27653 on: June 03, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
An AE mission to kill Waddle?  Count me in.

Maybe it's a mission to retrieve the Waddle from the infamous Lurkish Turkey.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27654 on: June 03, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »
If you check the bios of those you want to talk to, often they will include whether they are RP friendly or not.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27655 on: June 03, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »

Most folks rip through the character creation system to get straight to the costume editor. I wouldn't take AT, Origin, or Powersets too seriously, as none of those do anything in Paragon Chat. 

Serious RP users would go over every detail in the editor, sure.  But casual folks... Speaking for myself anyway, most of my toons had a Magic origin, so I usually pick that by default even if the in-game toon had nothing to do with Magic.  That was a function of habit as I knew where the Magic shops were, and didn't want to futz with learning where Science, Natural, Technology or Mutant ones were.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27656 on: June 04, 2017, 01:51:14 AM »
Mu blood descendant - magic origin explained - how many people took sands of Mu as their vet reward?

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #27657 on: June 04, 2017, 03:29:46 AM »
Mu blood descendant - magic origin explained - how many people took sands of Mu as their vet reward?

It was by far the better option...

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27658 on: June 04, 2017, 05:46:10 AM »

Sands of Mu rocked.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27659 on: June 04, 2017, 07:31:46 AM »
Sands of Mu rocked.

Ooo yeah - can't think how many Alts I made with some form of dark power set just because the early levels were so much fun making the most of it.

It was by far the better option...

Unless your toon was in love with Ghost Widow and she entrusted you with the axe!!

(& now everyone knows the sordid truth behind my CoH addiction)
 ;D