Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7289211 times)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27740 on: June 26, 2017, 09:20:34 PM »
Contempt is disregarding or disrespect of a person or thing.
Since they "don't even know or care who you or we are." You've given a clear example of contempt, Taceus Jiwede.  8)

It may also be a lack of interest, and therefore apathy. The two are not mutually exclusive. The often go hand-in-hand.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27741 on: June 27, 2017, 02:53:55 AM »
Weakly Update:

has it been a week already, wow.

Anyways, the THeM is still in talks with the NCSoft.  There was a minor hiccup this past week concerning the seating arrangement.  It seems that nobody wants to sit next to the French Ambassador.  He tends to flirt with the ladies, but he smells of cheese and stale wine.  Also, the detective has called us all into the grand dinning room where he will reveal who he thinks the murderer is.  Several of the members of the THeM have asked me to give them alibis.  This has been an interesting week.

princezilla

• Boss
« Reply #27742 on: June 27, 2017, 08:06:08 AM »
If it was contempt, NCSoft wouldn't have let them put States and GW in MxM in the first place, let alone a full level with what could be a set of unique enemies (which would have taken a chunk of design and development time).

Yeah, I think they realized how badly they screwed the pooch on that one and are trying to restore faith, that or they are trying to generate hype/test the waters for a possible sequel, those are the explanations that make sense. As much as people on here love to portray NCsoft as mustache twirling villains the truth is they are just a company so the dollar trumps all and pettiness is expensive. While they have engaged in a degree of bullshit in the past the PR issue created by not just CoH but other incidents has really hurt their bottom line particularly since community building and company loyalty is one of the only surefire methods of holding on to the limited market share not occupied by WoW.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #27743 on: June 27, 2017, 09:16:03 AM »
Yeah, I think they realized how badly they screwed the pooch on that one and are trying to restore faith, that or they are trying to generate hype/test the waters for a possible sequel, those are the explanations that make sense. As much as people on here love to portray NCsoft as mustache twirling villains the truth is they are just a company so the dollar trumps all and pettiness is expensive. While they have engaged in a degree of bullshit in the past the PR issue created by not just CoH but other incidents has really hurt their bottom line particularly since community building and company loyalty is one of the only surefire methods of holding on to the limited market share not occupied by WoW.

Maybe it's a good time then for the new petition that's currently on the go, which is increasing daily with signatures, nearly at 1000 now. If they can get a good number this could be proof to NCSoft that even after 5 years people still want to play CoH.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27744 on: June 27, 2017, 03:24:20 PM »
Maybe it's a good time then for the new petition that's currently on the go, which is increasing daily with signatures, nearly at 1000 now. If they can get a good number this could be proof to NCSoft that even after 5 years people still want to play CoH.

Didn't the original petition get 21,000 signatures in a month or so?

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #27745 on: June 27, 2017, 07:14:53 PM »
Didn't the original petition get 21,000 signatures in a month or so?

I believe it did at the time, I don't think it will get even close this time around but the more people that sign the better. There is nothing to lose at this stage from doing another petition so might as well see if it does anything, as there is always hope  ;)

psquared007

• Minion
« Reply #27746 on: June 27, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
Signed!  Is this somewhere visible on the boards? FB? etc.?

New petition up folks if your interested...?

https://www.change.org/p/ncsoft-ncsoft-to-allow-city-of-heroes-ip-to-be-purchased-or-re-release-the-game

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #27747 on: June 28, 2017, 10:51:13 AM »
Signed!  Is this somewhere visible on the boards? FB? etc.?

I honestly don't know, I came across the petition while searching for information on NCSoft stocks as they are having a bad time at present and wanted to find out why.

psquared007

• Minion
« Reply #27748 on: June 28, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »
Solitaire,

Thanks for posting it.  As of this morning just over 1,000 people have sign, but I have to believe there are a bunch more people who would sign it if it had more visibility.

I honestly don't know, I came across the petition while searching for information on NCSoft stocks as they are having a bad time at present and wanted to find out why.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #27749 on: June 28, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »
Solitaire,

Thanks for posting it.  As of this morning just over 1,000 people have sign, but I have to believe there are a bunch more people who would sign it if it had more visibility.

Feel free to post where ever it may help  ;)

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27750 on: June 29, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »
Not that I've lost all hope, but I'm laying aside the fight.  I recently had a stroke and even if the game came back today my right side is pretty messed up.  It's doubtful I could play.  (although I'd try)  Add to that, although I've still been able to work, I just got word today my job is ending.  (Victoria, maybe you can get someone to look at my SciFi novel?  heh)

Here are two characters I have not named publicly because I wanted to reclaim the name.

"Raised an Army brat, when her parents were killed by villains unknown she took Dad's weapons and hit the streets for some payback."
Amy Surplus

And my favorite name.  I could not believe no one had taken this one:
"Faith Conover "borrowed" advanced experimental cellular regeneration technology from the evil Countess Crey to bring healing to the heroes and citizens of Paragon City as... Faith Healing!"

Thank you to those who played with me and tolerated me in-game and here.  Good luck with the fight.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27751 on: June 29, 2017, 03:54:38 AM »
Sorry to hear about the stroke, Goddangit.

Many games have a special needs set up option for those with physical challenges.
Not sure if CoX had them, but I'm sure there could be a work around.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

Surelle

« Reply #27752 on: June 29, 2017, 04:04:17 AM »
So sorry to hear that, Goddangit!

But you may get better over time, so as Paragon Chat expands, you may be able to play that eventually.   :)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27753 on: June 29, 2017, 05:24:34 AM »
I hope to see force fields and time manipulation come early with powers if they ever come back, or we get the game back.  I want my non trinity play where I can see an awesome team with no healing do awesome in the game.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27755 on: June 29, 2017, 09:26:07 AM »
One last thing I forgot (yeah, memory is shot too) and then I'll be moving along.  The origin of the name Goddangit.  I used it in Superworld the superhero paper and pencil roleplaying game ages ago.  I got the name from an old Marvel comic.  I forget the precise issue, but it was a team up between Iron Man and The Thing.  I collected Iron Man back then. (yes, before the movie and before it was cool to like Iron Man)  Tony Stark was funding a movie The Thing was appearing in called "Goddangit vs Mechagrub".  I've never told this to anyone because I was afraid it might get back to The Lawyers and all they would hear would be "Marvel Comics ---bzzt---  Iron Man  ---bzzt---  The Thing  ---bzzt---"  and yank my name faster than you can say Stan Lee.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27756 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:59 AM »
Outing yourself as an Iron Man collector is one thing. Outing yourself as a Two-in-One collector is quite another :P

Get well soon.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27757 on: June 29, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »
One last thing I forgot (yeah, memory is shot too) and then I'll be moving along.  The origin of the name Goddangit.  I used it in Superworld the superhero paper and pencil roleplaying game ages ago.  I got the name from an old Marvel comic.  I forget the precise issue, but it was a team up between Iron Man and The Thing.  I collected Iron Man back then. (yes, before the movie and before it was cool to like Iron Man)  Tony Stark was funding a movie The Thing was appearing in called "Goddangit vs Mechagrub".  I've never told this to anyone because I was afraid it might get back to The Lawyers and all they would hear would be "Marvel Comics ---bzzt---  Iron Man  ---bzzt---  The Thing  ---bzzt---"  and yank my name faster than you can say Stan Lee.

I had that one!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27759 on: June 29, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12688.0

I made a separate thread for this to save you guys time finding the link here.