Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7285341 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27800 on: July 11, 2017, 08:18:41 PM »
Admittedly, I have only been ganked in high-sec space *once* in several years of playing Eve Online. But the main solution is "don't AFK autopilot between systems" and "don't open containers that are not your own".

Okay, that makes it PvP. It is either is or it isn't. Really that simple for me.

Really, a quick run to the head to take care of business shouldn't be an invitation to get ganked.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #27801 on: July 12, 2017, 12:26:04 AM »
Okay, that makes it PvP. It is either is or it isn't. Really that simple for me.

Really, a quick run to the head to take care of business shouldn't be an invitation to get ganked.

I don't mind PvP in an MMO....when it's avoidable. I mean, I guess I can see it when the core game is based around PvP, but for a persistent world character building MMO, seems there should be a "safe" afk option at least. I get it in something like TF2 or Counterstrike. But that's not really a game like I described, though, is it? I shouldn't have to choose between a bladder infection, pissing myself, or setting myself up for a cheap death. :p

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27802 on: July 12, 2017, 07:19:54 AM »
PVP in an MMO means, IMHO, having to CYA w/o AFK.  LOL?  :)

Sorry folks.  3:18 AM, and Tubbius is very tired.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27803 on: July 12, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »
I don't mind PvP in an MMO....when it's avoidable. I mean, I guess I can see it when the core game is based around PvP, but for a persistent world character building MMO, seems there should be a "safe" afk option at least. I get it in something like TF2 or Counterstrike. But that's not really a game like I described, though, is it? I shouldn't have to choose between a bladder infection, pissing myself, or setting myself up for a cheap death. :p

Dock in a station....

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27804 on: July 12, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
Dock in a station....

Here's a question, how fast can someone get to a space station then?  Sounds like EVE's main problem is more it's inhumane to its own players due to it's nature of shackling them to the keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GArkyxP8-n0

While it's not perfect(the game example they claim is a good example isn't a good one, though minecraft is a good example) it does talk heavily about how games can be very cruel to the players by not letting them a way to get to the bathroom thanks to pressure to do things at x or y minute(like time gates) or another player showing up to permanently destroy a ship.  Of course it also points out things like the skinner box mmorpgs and skinner box cow clickers, but also brings up that many other games are using skinner box tactics to, and tactics which shackle the player to the keyboard.

Even CoH and the time-gates for alignment missions and incarnate trial rewards was trying to force players onto a schedule.  "Play at such and such hour now so you can play at that hour again tommorow" was a norm.  CO does it to with a lot of daily alerts, while originally making those alerts very, very random(making it all the worst back then).  CO even makes them still semi-random, if you got bursts you know what I mean when I say "Pyramid power".  And the alerts of course are very inhumane in design, I cannot imagine how bad any dailies are for the so called "end game" rewards now that I refuse to even touch.

But EVE online, I dunno, it sounds like a game designed to be very inhumane.  I sometimes need to use the bathroom to after all.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Aron

• Underling
« Reply #27805 on: July 12, 2017, 08:21:46 PM »
Here's a question, how fast can someone get to a space station then?  Sounds like EVE's main problem is more it's inhumane to its own players due to it's nature of shackling them to the keyboard.
But EVE online, I dunno, it sounds like a game designed to be very inhumane.  I sometimes need to use the bathroom to after all.

The vast majority of High Sec systems have stations in them.  Generally speaking for most ships above frigate size it would take about 10-20 seconds to get into warp from a complete standstill then any where from about 10 seconds to a minute to get to one of the stations in system and autodock.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27806 on: July 13, 2017, 03:16:39 AM »
I'm having to go through and edit the image links I care about to show off pictures from imgur instead of Photobucket.

I wonder how much money they're earning by charging $40 a month to host pics off-site now.  :/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:52:06 AM by Tubbius »

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27807 on: July 13, 2017, 03:56:47 AM »
Found this one.  Waddle is GOOD penguin.

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
« Reply #27808 on: July 13, 2017, 11:51:39 AM »
Nice costume.

Now do you have one of Killer Whale?

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27809 on: July 13, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »
Nice costume.

Now do you have one of Killer Whale?

Just my little hero penguin.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27810 on: July 14, 2017, 03:23:37 AM »
Valiance online is livestreaming saturday. looks like they are ready to take off and fly

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #27811 on: July 14, 2017, 12:52:58 PM »
Valiance online is livestreaming saturday. looks like they are ready to take off and fly
7th time's a charm? Haha

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27812 on: July 14, 2017, 05:21:48 PM »
Jotun is free in steam and gog stores. just have to claim it this weekend. Cool little game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:30:36 PM by Vee »

Surelle

« Reply #27813 on: July 15, 2017, 02:47:58 AM »
Jotun is free in steam and gog stores. just have to claim it this weekend. Cool little game.

Thanks for the info!  Firing up Steam now!   8)

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27814 on: July 20, 2017, 05:49:18 AM »
Got my Scrapper fix yesterday

Dropped it and took out two players when I gave her IO buffs  :P

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #27815 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #27816 on: July 21, 2017, 05:08:51 AM »

Shouldn't the ATK and DEF each be 9001?
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Suspicious Package

• Underling
« Reply #27817 on: July 21, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »
Shouldn't the ATK and DEF each be 9001?

Or maybe even 911 times 100.
-Spottswoode

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27818 on: July 21, 2017, 07:49:05 PM »
Or maybe even 911 times 100.
-Spottswoode

I thought they should have said I Win

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27819 on: July 22, 2017, 04:39:42 AM »
I thought they should have said I Win

So can anyone tell me what the Bag of Greed allows you to do?