Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7284344 times)

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27960 on: September 27, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
I imagine this as a cluster superheroes who just got out of a huge fight, ran in here to safety and then immediately calmed down as if nothing happened.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27961 on: September 27, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
I imagine this as a cluster superheroes who just got out of a huge fight, ran in here to safety and then immediately calmed down as if nothing happened.

On Triumph we caim down. Long story.

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #27962 on: September 28, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what's happening with Atlas Park Revival? I can't seem to find any news on it newer than sometime last year.
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27963 on: September 28, 2017, 07:06:01 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what's happening with Atlas Park Revival? I can't seem to find any news on it newer than sometime last year.

possibly dead or stalled but not confirmed. I thought the URL does not work but have not checked. 

Really bummed because I would love to see the coh world recreated in an unreal engine world.  Even if there was no players, no characters and just environmental .... wow that's a lot of work for just to build that.    I took a free class online over the summer and spent more time watching videos and touring the market place than making anything.

As always I must say thank you to the person who was heading it up and spending their personal time on a potential benefit for the coh community. 

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27964 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »
Didn't they have a conversion tool that did the basic work for them?

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #27965 on: September 29, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
possibly dead or stalled but not confirmed. I thought the URL does not work but have not checked. 

Really bummed because I would love to see the coh world recreated in an unreal engine world.  Even if there was no players, no characters and just environmental .... wow that's a lot of work for just to build that.    I took a free class online over the summer and spent more time watching videos and touring the market place than making anything.

As always I must say thank you to the person who was heading it up and spending their personal time on a potential benefit for the coh community.

I did just recently try to go to it from the cohtitan forum home, where it links to it, but the link didn't work. So I don't know if it does or if it moved to a different site, but I hope it's still ongoing somewhere, even if super slowly.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27966 on: September 30, 2017, 07:56:40 AM »
I did just recently try to go to it from the cohtitan forum home, where it links to it, but the link didn't work. So I don't know if it does or if it moved to a different site, but I hope it's still ongoing somewhere, even if super slowly.
That and I hope they passed their assets on if they did quit

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27967 on: October 01, 2017, 03:37:16 AM »
I keep hoping to look here and see news that is AWESOME.

Someone tell me something awesome.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27968 on: October 01, 2017, 03:40:42 AM »
Here's something awesome.

Elon Musk is shipping Powerwalls to Puerto Rico.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/29/tesla-ship-hundreds-powerwall-batteries-puerto-rico/
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27969 on: October 01, 2017, 07:25:59 AM »
Let's hope they charged them up before shipping.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27970 on: October 01, 2017, 04:20:47 PM »
And let them use the full capacity of the battery without paying thousands of dollars unlike certain vehicles..

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #27971 on: October 01, 2017, 11:30:15 PM »
And let them use the full capacity of the battery without paying thousands of dollars unlike certain vehicles..

I think you mean give them a price break of thousands of dollars for a car with range limiters and an option to upgrade later
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27972 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:38 AM »
The Awesome Report:
with your host and mine,
the Pantless Avenger.
(cheering)

Yes, something awesome happened today.  Something that will knock your socks off, well assuming that you are wearing socks.  Eeeewww, imagine wearing sneakers without socks.  Well, I suppose that you could be wearing sandles.  Sandles and socks look silly.  Not very awesome in my humble opinion.  So to recap, always wear socks unless you're wearing sandles, in which case do not wear socks.  And as long as we are talking socks, it is a very good idea to wear clean socks and to change your socks each day.  Some people sleep in their socks, I guess I will allow it, but upon waking put on fresh clean socks.  Pants are optional.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27973 on: October 04, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »
Tubbius says hello to his City-loving friends.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #27974 on: October 04, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
Did I read correctly that GoG (Good Old Games) put a 2005-era game...Battlefront II I believe, back on-line?  The servers were made available, and folks are playing this classic again.  Hmmmmmm....
What was no more, is now reborn!

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #27975 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »
So it would appear... https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii

Did I read correctly that GoG (Good Old Games) put a 2005-era game...Battlefront II I believe, back on-line?  The servers were made available, and folks are playing this classic again.  Hmmmmmm....
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27976 on: October 04, 2017, 10:19:47 PM »
So it would appear... https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii

Now if they'd just do the same with CoH!  They'd make some very happy campers out of us.
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27977 on: October 04, 2017, 10:22:04 PM »
The Awesome Report:
with your host and mine,
the Pantless Avenger.
(cheering)

Yes, something awesome happened today.  Something that will knock your socks off, well assuming that you are wearing socks.  Eeeewww, imagine wearing sneakers without socks.  Well, I suppose that you could be wearing sandles.  Sandles and socks look silly.  Not very awesome in my humble opinion.  So to recap, always wear socks unless you're wearing sandles, in which case do not wear socks.  And as long as we are talking socks, it is a very good idea to wear clean socks and to change your socks each day.  Some people sleep in their socks, I guess I will allow it, but upon waking put on fresh clean socks.  Pants are optional.

sneakers without socks, that was common 40 some odd years ago.  generally includes foot fungus but that's an installed by the dealer option after delivery.
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27978 on: October 04, 2017, 10:27:18 PM »
don't think it's legal to ship charged up batteries if they are rechargeable types (aka secondary batteries).  I know UPSes don't have a full charge when shipped.  They do have enough charge to keep them from dying.  Primary batteries (non rechargeable) have to be sent "charged" up I believe.
No Surrender!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27979 on: October 05, 2017, 02:01:11 AM »
I'll amend my statement to "I hope they have a way to charge the batteries on delivery".