Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7283105 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28120 on: November 25, 2017, 03:27:23 AM »
Those of you, that are wondering Atlas Park Revival is back up :) 8)

I wonder if there is any connection to the MXM closure announcement?

etnies445

• Underling
« Reply #28121 on: November 25, 2017, 04:42:37 AM »
Are we at some point just going to get a "it's not happening" or something? It's been years since this started, and i've completely lost hope.

I honestly just want some closure as to "it's over, negotiations didnt work", leaving it open as "who knows whats happening" kinda feels like a slap in the face.

etnies445

• Underling
« Reply #28122 on: November 25, 2017, 04:49:54 AM »
Those of you, that are wondering Atlas Park Revival is back up :) 8)

wait was is this?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28123 on: November 25, 2017, 04:51:35 AM »
anybody grabbed mxmrevival.com yet?

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28124 on: November 25, 2017, 07:21:09 AM »
Tubbius wants more City.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28125 on: November 25, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »
Are we at some point just going to get a "it's not happening" or something? It's been years since this started, and i've completely lost hope.

I honestly just want some closure as to "it's over, negotiations didnt work", leaving it open as "who knows whats happening" kinda feels like a slap in the face.

There have been no indicators, no solid information, and certainly no direct word from any of the principals involved.  The only thing we do have to use as a basis for any conjecture, is the time that has elapsed.  Anyone with an ounce of sanity, would have tossed in the towel, and given up.  However, the fact that a few are still here, continuing to read this thread, would give the impression that we still have some shred of hope that something will happen, or are looking for confirmation that it won't.  We have no reason to do so, other than our love for the game, and our desire to have answers, even if they are not the ones we wanted to hear.

Bottom line, we still don't KNOW anything.  Yet, the faithful keep coming back to check, and probably will until there is confirmation one way, or the other.  Our numbers dwindle as time passes, which is no surprise.  Anyone here has only hope (slim though it might be), and a modicum of faith, that something will happen.  The very definition of faith is a belief that requires no empirical proof, and ones faith in anything can be stretched to the breaking point.   Once faith is gone, hope tends to follow quickly, and so it goes.

I chose some time ago to maintain the vigil, until it ends.  That would mean we have confirmation of something good happening, or vise-versa.  Either of those possibilities would determine what I do from there.  The only other thing that would keep me away, is this site becoming unavailable.  So, the vigil goes on.
What was no more, is now reborn!

crazyace

• Underling
« Reply #28126 on: November 25, 2017, 08:53:56 PM »
Since the game has shut down... I have watched and waited, I just want the feeling of being a hero once again, before people start talking about champions or any other game I've tried it believe me I have and nothing hits the heart like CoH Shoot even CoV was amazing I just hope out of all 3 successor 1 comes as close as you can to that feeling. I often find myself roaming around paragon chat taking in the sights and sounds.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28127 on: November 25, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
I absolutely agree!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #28128 on: November 26, 2017, 02:09:42 AM »
I think there are still alot of people that check in from time to time and not necessarily post.  thats what i usually do.  i think just about everything has been talked about to death in this thread, and thats why its slowed down lately to a slow crawl.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28129 on: November 26, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »
I'm at the point now that I'd almost miss this thread as much as I missed the game itself if it ever did comeback!!

:P

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28130 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »
Tubbius wants more City.

Tubby gets more City!  Sort of.  He finally got one of the "We Control" T-shirts ordered on Teespring.  It's purple with the purple controller insignia, so Tubbius will be styling. . . and likely will be confusing people, but that's OK.

Surelle

« Reply #28131 on: November 27, 2017, 02:35:56 AM »

If you feel like digging back through this very thread,backward to around the time MXM's beta with its shambling zombie rez of Statesman/Cole was announced, you can find some posts from Nate Downes confirming that it's pretty much over, and that it was a real longshot even at the time of the attempt. 

I don't come here expecting a CoX rez and haven't in years.  I come here to check on Paragon Chat, which is growing by leaps and bounds every year!   :)

Surelle

« Reply #28132 on: November 27, 2017, 03:02:21 AM »
Since the game has shut down... I have watched and waited, I just want the feeling of being a hero once again, before people start talking about champions or any other game I've tried it believe me I have and nothing hits the heart like CoH Shoot even CoV was amazing I just hope out of all 3 successor 1 comes as close as you can to that feeling. I often find myself roaming around paragon chat taking in the sights and sounds.

I recently saw a Ship of Heroes article on MassivelyOP.com where they announced the addition of a crowd controller/buffer/debuffer/healer class.  I'm really excited!  I think the spiritual successors like SoH and City of Titans are going to really bring back the flavor of our City.   :)  Between that and Paragon Chat, we're luckier than most shuttered-MMO-refugees are.  Most of them have nothing at all to play.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28133 on: November 27, 2017, 07:05:41 AM »
I was browsing a blog about Full Metal Alchemist, when I stumbled on this little animation. It reminded me of City of Heroes, actually. You might catch the similarity...

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #28134 on: November 27, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »
It doesn't.  It has animated hair.

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #28135 on: November 27, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »
I've basically transitioned from hoping for CoH's return, to hoping that the Ship of Heroes guys can pull off all of the things they are trying to do.

bugzee

« Reply #28136 on: November 27, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »
At first glance, I thought you did some cartoon animation of a COH dancing character.

I was browsing a blog about Full Metal Alchemist, when I stumbled on this little animation. It reminded me of City of Heroes, actually. You might catch the similarity...

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28137 on: November 28, 2017, 02:17:12 AM »
I hadn't seen the most recent Nate Downs posts about their negotiations.  Can someone post links?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28138 on: November 28, 2017, 05:11:51 AM »
There wasn't one here.  Just a comment on Facebook after the Master x Master announcement was made... earlier this year.  And Nate Downs is not a part of the negotiation team, he just introduced them to NCSoft's business staff.  He's as in the dark as  the rest of us are.

(Man, alive and dead in the same year.  That's incredible, even for NCSoft.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28139 on: November 28, 2017, 05:18:22 AM »
(Man, alive and dead in the same year.  That's incredible, even for NCSoft.)

Wait'll you see their next game "Schrodinger's Cat"