Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210197 times)

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28160 on: December 06, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »
I suspect such sentiments ultimately come from the same place we're all at: Missing Paragon City. I still think about CoH every single day, and I'd give up body parts to get it back. I've come to believe that TFHM has failed, but I just can't quash that small pilot light of hope. That's why I come here at least once a week, to check in and see if that little light has maybe, just maybe, re-lit an old fire.
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28161 on: December 07, 2017, 02:31:33 AM »
Tubbius is amused.  :)

I was going to get outfitted with an upgraded pair of bionic legs but I was too attached to the ones I already have.

The problem with bionics is they tend to cost an arm and a leg (sometimes and eye and ear too)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28162 on: December 07, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »
Hmmm, MxM fails and now GW2 and boobs & soul are in humble bundle's all charity bundle. Guess they're doubling down on the stuff that's still running.

Guild Wars 2 was also in last years Yogcast christmas bundle. Blade and Soul has also been included in last years E3 humble bundle pack.

To be honest, PWE are doing the same (STO and NW are in the bundle as well, but no CO)

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #28163 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »
I was going to get outfitted with an upgraded pair of bionic legs but I was too attached to the ones I already have.

The problem with bionics is they tend to cost an arm and a leg (sometimes and eye and ear too)

This reminded me of the Deth Kicks character

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28164 on: December 08, 2017, 05:09:15 AM »

Kano wins?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28165 on: December 08, 2017, 07:58:50 AM »
I actually had a working i24 emulator finished before shutdown. I've spent the last 5 years trying to animate the hair.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28166 on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »
Don't lie - you just think you look cool holding a torch.

;D

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28167 on: December 08, 2017, 08:25:41 AM »
I would if I'd gotten the individual fingers work done, but I decided to start with the hair.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28168 on: December 09, 2017, 12:08:38 AM »
I saw a cute cat video today, brightened up my day :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #28169 on: December 09, 2017, 01:04:51 AM »
Yeah man, do you have any idea how much work it took to remove all the powers and enemies from Paragon Chat so that people couldn't level up? :roll:

BTW, if you're interested in emulators, it looks like SEGS is showing some signs of life again. As usual I encourage anyone who wants to help to go take a look.

Joeth

• Underling
« Reply #28170 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:58 AM »
I'm gonna piggyback onto what Codewalker said and throw in my thoughts on the matter

I wonder if a large part of the frustration in the "emulator now" crowd is the fact there's no real discussion about the emulator projects. I mean I've been silently following this chat for years and didn't know about SEGS until relatively recently. Maybe if the project was more widely known there would be fewer  arguments like the above and maybe even more volunteers? I've got next to no coding knowledge and the fact that there are people fighting to recreate the rats nest of code that was CoH is inspiring to me. If I had much free time I might learn how to code for that. Maybe others would too? Just a thought.

Then again maybe SEGS is staying under the radar to avoid anyNCSoft attention. I don't know.

Regardless of why you're frustrated, yelling on the internet isn't the way to get anything done. Especially not when you're asking for others to recreate your home.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28171 on: December 09, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »
Yeah man, do you have any idea how much work it took to remove all the powers and enemies from Paragon Chat so that people couldn't level up? :roll:

BTW, if you're interested in emulators, it looks like SEGS is showing some signs of life again. As usual I encourage anyone who wants to help to go take a look.

CodeWalker!!

I'm STILL waiting for my invite to the super secret fully operational issue 42 you've got running - get on it buddy - like yesterday!!

Damn emulator Nazi!!

Oops, wasn't meant to mention that, was I!
 ;D

(Any references to Nazis and/or working emulators contained in this post are entirely fictional and in no way representative of actual really real real life persons or conceptual video game entities, also I'd like to talk to you about a "bridge" I have for sale...)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28172 on: December 09, 2017, 02:23:29 AM »
<ModeratorHat>
There was a fair amount of flamebaiting going on here, and I pruned some replies that were not adding anything to the discussion (such as it is in this thread.)  In a few instances, there are also edits to remaining posts to remove direct quotes of pruned posts.

The thread has once again been unlocked.  You may resume posting, but tread lightly.
</ModeratorHat>
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:31:23 AM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28173 on: December 14, 2017, 03:27:50 AM »
Let fun postings commence anew.  :)

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #28174 on: December 14, 2017, 03:35:23 AM »
yay the chat is back !
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28175 on: December 14, 2017, 04:47:56 AM »
Let fun postings commence anew.  :)

Well watched THOR Ragnarok again, the part at about 1:48 into the movie where he finally lights up his power as the God of THUNDER made me miss all of my electric wielding characters even more. Whether it was elec/elec, elec/shield, elec/invul.......plus the incarnate lightning strike power.....

Also while searching youtube I came across this former CoH player's list of CoH vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1WUB_hg97M

Some could stand some time in the editing room but I'm not complaining, this person has uploaded vids of almost all the giant monsters, looks like all the holiday/seasonal events,  and some strike/task forces. 

Not sure who the player is or was, but I do thank them.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28176 on: December 14, 2017, 05:07:26 AM »
yay the chat is back !

Can finally cancel my /e holdtwotorches

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28177 on: December 14, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
Thank you for returning us our tree-house hideout, Eabrace.  :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #28178 on: December 14, 2017, 09:03:39 PM »
Thank you for returning us our tree-house hideout, Eabrace.  :)
I agree with this, I thought this was more a romper room.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28179 on: December 14, 2017, 10:55:26 PM »
Breaking News!: Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $52 billion! That means the X-Men franchise and the Fantastic 4 franchise are in the same universe in the MCU!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/media/disney-fox-deal/index.html