Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7211753 times)

Ultimate15

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28580 on: June 08, 2018, 05:48:11 AM »
I don't think Nate really owes us any explanations, though hearing from Nate would be nice.

However it is possible that he simply has no information to tell, regardless of any NDA.

Maaaaan. I feel like I'm being an asshole about this lol. I really do apologize if that's how I am coming across.

...But the more I think about it? The more I feel like he does owe it to us. *shrugs* Sorry. Taking into account how his own gaming title at the time very much benefited from the momentum/attention these negotiations garnered, and how many years have passed now? I think it's owed, at this point.

Even if he has 'no information to tell' (which I doubt is the case - it's not impossible, but I personally wouldn't bet on that) - then at least come forward and say that. "Hey everyone - I'm sorry, but I know what's going on with those deals. Good luck with everything!" = better than nothing.
Viva la Virtue!

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28581 on: June 08, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »
Nate has repeatedly said that he has had no contact with the negotiating team in years.  He introduced them, and that was it.  Ironwolf hasn't had any contact with the negotiating team for even longer. It's not just "they have nothing to tell, nudge nudge wink wink", but they know nothing at all.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28582 on: June 08, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »
I would love to know More and be the fly on the wall each time these negotiations failed.

Unfortunately, it is knowledge we do not get to have. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28583 on: June 08, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
I would love to know More and be the fly on the wall each time these negotiations failed.

I'd hope you'd get off the wall and get with the mind control.

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
« Reply #28584 on: June 08, 2018, 10:56:42 PM »
I kinda feel like after all this time, it fell through. I mean, yeah, stalling can be a negotiating tactic but THIS long?

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28585 on: June 09, 2018, 03:57:26 AM »
I kinda feel like after all this time, it fell through. I mean, yeah, stalling can be a negotiating tactic but THIS long?

I never thought NC was in good faith.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28586 on: June 09, 2018, 04:13:30 AM »
Nate has repeatedly said that he has had no contact with the negotiating team in years.  He introduced them, and that was it.  Ironwolf hasn't had any contact with the negotiating team for even longer. It's not just "they have nothing to tell, nudge nudge wink wink", but they know nothing at all.

Again - I'm not saying they know anything definitive about where the deal currently stands. I recognize he's not directly involved anymore. But Nate certainly knows more about the deals than what was relayed to everyone - for instance, the people whom were directly involved with it. And I'm not saying he should start giving out names here. I'm just providing an example of how he DOES know things that the rest of us do not. 

The context of what I'm suggesting surpasses what he may have said in a random comment on social media (granted, I was really disturbed by that 'long shot' remark) or in the forum section of the City of Titans website. He should come forward and make some type of formal statement (it can be vague, that's fine - we don't need super specific details) that may include things like a.) what he thinks transpired behind closed doors? I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on that, b.) where he thinks the negotiations currently stand, and c.) whether or not he thinks we should all put this to bed, or continue to hold out hope that NCSoft could be convinced to sell the IP. While I'm sure there is information that he can't divulge due to a possible NDA that still may be in effect with the involved parties, that doesn't mean that he can't come forward and tell us ANYTHING. I don't buy that at all, and neither should you.

He was the one who really started all of this. He's literally why we're even having this conversation right now, on this thread. He should come forward and provide closure in some type of formal/official capacity.

Agreed. I think everyone is leaning towards that, at this point.
Viva la Virtue!

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28587 on: June 09, 2018, 04:13:43 AM »
I never thought NC was in good faith.

NC?
Viva la Virtue!

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28588 on: June 09, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #28589 on: June 09, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
Here's the thing.  I can't see that the NDA would still be in effect if the deal had fallen through.  I mean....what would be the point?  They would at least be able to SAY that the deal had fallen through.  SO, if the NDA was null and void they would at least say that the deal was kaput.

Ergo, something else may be up.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28590 on: June 09, 2018, 02:13:30 PM »
Viva la Virtue!

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28591 on: June 09, 2018, 02:30:56 PM »
Here's the thing.  I can't see that the NDA would still be in effect if the deal had fallen through.  I mean....what would be the point?  They would at least be able to SAY that the deal had fallen through.  SO, if the NDA was null and void they would at least say that the deal was kaput.

Ergo, something else may be up.

Perhaps? But I don't know. I'm not entirely sure how NDA's work, so I'm unsure whether or not the negotiators would be able to finally speak on anything even if the NDA was no longer in effect.

I think that the deal definitely fell through but no one is in direct contact w/ the negotiators. So, that's why we're all left scratching our heads. Someone else in this thread mentioned that the negotiators might not even know about the Titan Network, or they may not have known that it was such a point of interest/excitement for the COH community. That could be true, too. 

But I would love to be wrong!  :'( :'( :'(
Viva la Virtue!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28592 on: June 09, 2018, 05:21:42 PM »

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28593 on: June 09, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »
Well here's hoping SEGS keeps on going and doesn't get a visit from MR and Mrs Cease and Desist :)

Also that the emulator allows server admin to make adjustments and tuneups to powers and archetypes.......I am looking at you PB and WS
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #28594 on: June 10, 2018, 05:40:26 AM »
SEGS?

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #28595 on: June 10, 2018, 06:01:39 AM »
I cant understand that after all these years, we are not allowed to buy the IP (copy of the game)

For sure the whole game would fit on a home computer by todays standards. Then we could play it as a single player game. That would be awsome.

I for one, would gladly support the buy out with my finances.

What is there to gain for NCS just to keep the game for them selves without any use?

Its all just rediculous!!

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28596 on: June 10, 2018, 02:33:02 PM »
"let's do the time warp again"...

I don't look at it as an 'explanation' - because I don't think they currently know where these negotiations stand (even though everyone can clearly tell that they're over). As you said in the second paragraph, some type of generalized 'statement' is more accurate to what I think should happen. I'd like to know what his opinion is, really. His thoughts on the current on-goings matter b/c he was the one who initiated everything. I don't buy that there's no outside knowledge/information that he could openly relay to people that would not put him in a precarious position with any ongoing NDA.

I don't think we should just be expected to draw assumptions from years and years of silence.

This is a rational request given the circumstances.

I've a rational request too - do a quick search of Nates post history - it's pretty clear you haven't bothered to do so already.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28597 on: June 10, 2018, 04:11:01 PM »
"let's do the time warp again"...

I've a rational request too - do a quick search of Nates post history - it's pretty clear you haven't bothered to do so already.

...Or, he could just update the first page of 'The mask comes off' thread so people don't have to search through a 1400+ page long thread to find a comment he made.  ;)

And you're right. Normally, I can't be bothered - and I shouldn't have to be. But I'll humor you for the sake of not being difficult, because I know I'm making a big stink over this.

Quote from: PseudoCool on April 06, 2017, 06:48:01 AM
I don't even like that CoT is doing any sort of business with NC, and if I had known that I probably would NOT have pitched into their kickstarter to be honest.

downix: CoT isn't doing any business with NC. I helped a group be introduced to NC, independent of my work with CoT, and once that was done my part was finished.

Is this the particular post you are referring to? From last summer?
Viva la Virtue!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28598 on: June 10, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »
He should come forward and make some type of formal statement (it can be vague, that's fine - we don't need super specific details) that may include things like...

a.) what he thinks transpired behind closed doors? I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on that,

That would be rumor mongering. He has no concrete information about what went on behind closed doors, so anything he had to say about it would be idle speculation. (same as everything else negotiation related in this thread) People would either take what he said as gospel, or they would be upset that he didn't have concrete accurate information about what went on behind those closed doors.

b.) where he thinks the negotiations currently stand
I'm fairly sure that his FB post, "It was a long shot" (or something like that) would give you an idea of his thoughts on the negotiations.

c.) whether or not he thinks we should all put this to bed, or continue to hold out hope that NCSoft could be convinced to sell the IP.

Everyone has their own opinion. But, Mine's the one that counts (for me).

He was the one who really started all of this. He's literally why we're even having this conversation right now, on this thread. He should come forward and provide closure in some type of formal/official capacity.

If you mean that he was the one who introduced the potential buyers to NCSoft so they could start negotiations, then yes, he did start that. If, however, you mean the leaked information that there were super hush-hush negotiations going on to purchase the IP for CoH that we should never have known about until after the negotiations were complete, then no, he was not the one who started all of this.

The moron person who leaked the information is literally the reason we are having this conversation right now, on this thread.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28599 on: June 10, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »
...Or, he could just update the first page of 'The mask comes off' thread so people don't have to search through a 1400+ page long thread to find a comment he made.  ;)

And you're right. Normally, I can't be bothered - and I shouldn't have to be. But I'll humor you for the sake of not being difficult, because I know I'm making a big stink over this.

Quote from: PseudoCool on April 06, 2017, 06:48:01 AM
I don't even like that CoT is doing any sort of business with NC, and if I had known that I probably would NOT have pitched into their kickstarter to be honest.

downix: CoT isn't doing any business with NC. I helped a group be introduced to NC, independent of my work with CoT, and once that was done my part was finished.

Is this the particular post you are referring to? From last summer?

Just keep reading his posts, it'll tell you everything you wanted to know without anybody else having to do the work for you.

If you can't be bothered doing that, nor can I.